The 2017/8 summer was lovely & warm. The amazing amount of sunshine produced good sized crops and a gorgeous even ripening. The grapes were sourced from parcels of fruit from three separate North Canterbury vineyards has produced a stunning Pinot Gris.
The natural fruit sweetness is balanced with a perfect acidity backbone that is such a hallmark of great cool-climate wines.
The mouthfeel is multi-layered and textured giving the wine depth, balance and intrigue. You’ll be bowled over by the aromas of ripe juicy Gala Apples & Nashi Pear. This is an off-dry style with freshly picked stone fruit and notes of Turkish delight.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The Queensland boys are back, with a new wine to tantalise your tastebuds. The newest member to the stable is the Marsanne, Viognier Rousanne blend. This is a hand crafted, barrel fermented beauty, for those looking to push their vinous boundaries.
- This complex blend allows the three Rhone Valley varieties to sing in the glass., Viognier is the pretty one full of spice and perfume, Rousanne is the curvaceous one which fleshes out the palate and Marsanne is the sensible, sophisticated one that holds the other two in check.
- Thanks to the subtle, textural nature of Marsanne, this is a very versatile food wine. It will go best with other subtle/savoury cuisines, eg. Japanese in particular. Yummm!
- Handpicked and packed from Ash's family owned vineyard at the base of Mt Dangar, you know a whole lot of love has gone into this dreamy drop!
- This Viognier was matured on lees and fermented in French and Hungarian oak to impart aromas of pear, apple and apricot. Certified organic, it's a bundle of Top Shelf quality that might be just the ticket if you're a Chardonnay lover looking to venture out to a new, yet similar varietal.
- The palate brings a complex textured array of flavours each perfectly arranged and structured. Flavours like pear, green apple and citrus pop through with delicate hints of oak. With the backing of Angels, Ash has once again delivered a breathtaking wine fit for royalty!
- Adam Barton brings Angels another instalment of his downright scrumptious Chardonnay from high in the Adelaide Hills. The region's cool climate means this wine is refined and elegant, showing off crunchy apple, pear, citrus and white peach aromas.
- Adam dances to is own winemaking beat and wanted to give this Chardonnay a modern twist. Each sip is refreshing, with crisp acidity on the palate to balance out the subtle creamy touch from the wine's time in barrel fermentation and maturation on lees.
- Rabbit & Spaghetti speaks to the traditions of friendship over shared meals between grape growers and captured Italian prisoners in the Adelaide region that have long outlasted WWII. Carry on embracing new friendships and old over a bottle of Adam's outstanding wine!