The 2018 vintage in WA was one of the best in the last 25 years. Meticulous detail went into the care of the highly-prized Frankland River fruit that goes into this moreish wine.
This is a gutsy cool-climate red with a splash of Merlot added to soften the Cabernet’s punch. And it’s worked a treat!
It’s out to seduce you with its blackberry, red fruit and mocha characters — like eating summer pudding in a coffee shop. Powerful, yes. Elegant? Absolutely!
Cathy and Neil Howard’s Boots & All Cabernet returns! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Cabernet Sauvignon from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off.
Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 10 months this flavour-filled Cabernet is soft and generous on the palate. Blueberries, dark chocolate, mocha and savoury flavours linger a little longer too.The mouthfeel is soft, round and generous. A subtle combo of sweet dark and savoury flavours result in a wine which will match perfectly with a range of different dishes such as Beef carbonnade with farm grown carrots and baked baby beetroots… yummm!
You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Cabernet. You will be blown away with aromas of blueberries plums, a hint of raspberries and dark chocolate with an underlying savouriness to it all. Why not get a few bottles to see how this wine develops over the years?
- Adam has sourced fruit from long-term vineyards growers of great provenance at the southern end of the Clare Valley.
- Vibrant ruby red. The nose has lifted varietal aromas of blackcurrant, mocha and blood plum, with hints of cigar, bay leaf and thyme. The palate is long, concentrated and ripe with varietal cassis, dark chocolate and dry herb flavours supported by subtle oak, fine acidity and generous, velvety tannin.
- Great as a stand alone wine but equally as delicious with anything from pizza to slow-cooked lamb shanks with velvety parsnip puree and delicately roasted baby spring vegetables.
- Angels, thousands of you sang out to the tune of a huge over 90% buy-again rating the last four vintages, so one of your faves is back! Luke has upheld his long term goal, only releasing this Top Shelf Cab once aged to perfection in French oak. The palate shows off layers of blackberry and liquorice spice with refined and smooth tannins. A guaranteed scrumptious winter warmer!
- The wine was hand crafted using pristine single vineyard grapes from 40 year-old Coonawarra vines. The region is hands down the number one region for Cabernet in the Southern Hemisphere. Take one sip of this liquid gold and you'll taste the dividends of Luke's extra years of investment in ageing.
- At under $20 for Angels, the value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious gem you'll be wanting to stock up on!
Sorby’s snaffled the finest grapes from the Barossa and Eden Valleys and expertly blended them to create this gorgeous wine.
Enjoy the heady scent of dark fruit, smoked game, dried cherry, mint chocolate and toasted nut! Those gorgeous fruit flavours and silky, polished tannins will captivate you for hours — if it lasts that long!
Incredible value from a talented and experienced winemaker who’s racked up 41 vintages.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Inspired by generations of Paulazzo family winemaking, Rob's much loved Heritage Bin range returns for another vintage! Keeping with tradition, each wine in the Heritage range is coded with the letter and number combination that marks the best soil locations on the vineyard. This premium Cabernet was crafted with fruit from the cool-climate Hilltops region; a true testament to Rob's expertise!
If it's not the intense flavours of blackberry and red currant that win you over, the subtle presence of mint and dark chocolate will! After being hand-harvested and aged in oak for a year, the harmony in this complex drop will have you reaching for your glass time and again.
Devastatingly, Rob was affected by the most recent bushfire season with his grapes deemed unusable for the foreseeable future. If you want to get your hands on a treasure from the Heritage Bin, you'll need to act fast. The last vintage of this vibrant red wine scored an impressive 92% Buy-It-Again rating, and it won't return until 2021 at best!
- Get ready for a full bodied and ripe red wine with some grippy tannins typical of Cabernet. An impressive drop that is well balanced, you'll have envious friends wanting to try a glass!
- This wine is quite intensely perfumed and for Sam, big flavour is an indicator of high quality.
- Think Blackcurrant with some menthol and eucalyptus notes. Chocolaty oak is also evident on the nose. This wine is quite simply moreish!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rob has worked his magic again, blending warm and cool climate grapes to deliver a downright moreish Red! The warm Riverina component is responsible for providing the wine’s intense blackcurrant and dark cherry layers. The cool Hilltops component provides the fine tannin structure and complexity, along with aromas of cedar spice and fresh mint. All up, you're in for a soft and full-bodied wine with balance and structure.
- With bright crimson with red hues, you'll be treated to aromas of blackcurrant and dark cherry with hints of wild berry, fresh mint and subtle spicy oak. Maturation in a mix of French and American oak added richness and complexity. Pairing this drop alongside a tasty meal will reward, as each sip will linger long on your palate and enhance your food's flavours. Enough to make your mouth water just thinking of it all…
- At under $12 for Angels only, a wine containing this much quality fruit is great value! A wonderful win for those with a flair for Red wine and red meat combos, and a win for all the Angels who made it possible. This is a serious Cabernet without the serious price tag so dive in today!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Liz's Signature Cabernet has returned and is oozing with the varietal characters typical of a Cabernet Sauvignon wine. After night harvesting, a delicate fermentation process and six months in French oak, you're going to love every drop!
Impenetrably red in colour with cassis and raspberry aromas, this Signature Cabernet will have you relishing in spicy characters of green capsicum, sage and eucalyptus, all wrapped up with a savoury tannin structure and persistent fruit flavours of fig and light vanillin oak. There's so much to enjoy in one bottle!
Past vintages of this scrumptious wine were a complete sell out with Angels awarding a 93% Buy-It-Again rating and rave reviews to boot. Getting your hands on this boutique South Australia Cabernet at these prices is an Angel-only privilege... go on and enjoy!
Hamish’s 'The Mechanic' Cabernet Sauvignon gives up multiple layers of juicy dark fruits intertmingled with chewy tannins and a finish that is long, supple and round.
Made from premium grapes sourced from the exciting and iconic wine growing region of Langhorne Creek in South Australia, it’s at a great Angel price.
The style of this Cabernet is fresh, fruit forward and easy drinking - perfect for every day!