- Sam is an absolute superstar! He currently has over 14,000 followers, a massive 96,000 ratings and literally hundreds of medals to his name.
- The story behind Sam's Fire Engine red is one to write home about. On the 3rd of March 2016, Sam heard much of his friends vineyard was destroyed. Luckily Sam and Angel-funding came to the rescue.
- From adversity Sam has created a stunning Victorian blockbuster and helped his friends on the road to rebuilding their vineyard. Expect an impossibly deep red magenta with delectable aromas of blackcurrant and a yummy savoury spiciness. It's a mouthful of flavour. Love it!
- Unmatched Barossa winemaker Daryl Groom has poured all of his 35 years experience in to this incredible 2016 vintage. Daryl used to make Grange... yep, the Grange... so he knows a thing or two about high-quality reds!
- The wine is a blend of Zinfandel and Shiraz grapes grown in the Kalimna area of the Barossa Valley, renowned for iconic wines around the world.
- Bursting with red fruit and spice with a touch of liquorice, each mouthful is medium bodied and beautifully structured with the addition of Shiraz. Gorgeous balance and great length brings this wine to life. Get it while it's hot and still in stock after huge 95% buy-again rating last vintage!
- This wine is crafted at a core vineyard called Esprit which sits at 200m elevation on a limestone slope, a truly unique vineyard in Hawke's Bay context. The growing conditions there have given a crisp lemongrass and mineral note to the wine. If that's not enticing enough, the Skeetfield vineyard fruit component adds scrumptious passionfruit and lime layers.
- Rod's winemaking approach is very neutral to allow the quality fruit to shine. This means crushing and de-stemming at low temperatures, only employing neutral yeast, cool fermentation, and then around two months time melding and maturing on lees to build texture. All this TLC means the flavours just keep on coming in prolonged waves long after each sip!
- The Naked Model means that Rod can cut out the middlemen and ensure the most direct route from the grower to you, the Angel who made it happen. This means he can pay the grower well for the best fruit...therefore more bang for your buck! The proof is in the pudding...this gorgeous Savvy sells out every year. If you are in to pure unwooded aromatic white wines, then look no further and get this in your basket today.
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sipof this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
- Adrian and Rebecca have brought back this classic Angel favourite! Their latest vintage has floral and apple aromas, leading to juicy pear and spice on the palate. Crisp and fresh on the finish makes it perfect for hot afternoons.
- Extended contact with grape skins allowed the pink blush colours to infuse into the juice. The joy for Angels is evident - interesting textural and savoury elements will bounce around like a party in your mouth!
- A unique style of Pinot Grigio, this wine is lively and ready to whizz to your door step. A no brainer for your go-to BBQ wine list, it pairs gorgeously with seafood and lighter salad sides. Under $9 a pop for Angels, get this winner in your basket today!
The fruit for Kym’s stunning Malbec was sourced from a single vineyard known for its consistent quality in the idyllic Ferguson Valley, part of the mighty Geographe wine region south of Perth.
Fermented in large open vats to preserve the elegant fruit character, this plush, lush, ripe impenetrably dark malbec will have you licking your lips with lashings of mulberry, plum, violets and a hint of chocolatey overtones.
Incredibly delicious now, but will age beautifully over the next 5 years.
- Angels, this is a brand new exclsuive crafted with a unique experience in mind. Adrian & Rebecca have delivered a dreamy drop with a whole lotta attitude. Deep brooding flavours of bramble and dark spicy fruit are teamed with balanced oak, earthy notes and strong tannins.
- Certainly one to decant, this wine has a long life ahead of it! Give it time, slow the pace and kick your feet up while it breathes. Perfect to serve with hearty meals or good quality cheese.
- Durif is a hybrid variety that originates in France, although it is not grown there so much these days. It is now grown extensively throughout Australia and the California - it loves a warm climate. Durif produces small berries with thick skins, so creates quite bold, deep colored and tannic wines.
- Summer in a glass anyone? Daryl brings Angels another installment of his di-vine crowd pleaser, direct from his very own vineyard. It's bursting with crisp citrus, grapefruit, apple and melon characters. Be sure to grab a few of this seriously fast moving stock!
- Focusing on minimal intervention, Daryl has made his Sauvignon Blanc with no oak to allow the zesty characters of the grape to be fully expressed. Having thoroughly researched the best area to grow Sauvignon Blanc, he chose the specific appellation on which to plant the best Sauvignon Blanc clone in Australia.
- Picking a seriously chilly morning on which to harvest, Daryl then juiced and fermented the parcels cold. After this, he got out of the way and let nature make the complex flavour profiles of the grapes shine! Easily enjoyed on it's own or with a variety of delicious meals, you can't go wrong with this incredibly approachable and easy-on-your-pocket winner!
- Jen's Diamond Cab Sauv received the Rolls Royce treatment every step of the way from vine to bottle. Made using only the best parcels of fruit, it was hand crafted in tiny batches and matured in the finest oak possible.
- Truly a powerful wine, it is packed with upfront blackberry fruit. Hints of mint and dried herbs linger in the finish. There is a lovely texture on the palate and a great depth and savouriness that you'll want to savour!
- Last vintage of this scored a massive 96% buy-again rating from thousands of every day Angels, and sold out in 3 months! It's nigh impossible to find a wine of this quality for under $20 anywhere else, so why not make the most of your Angel backing and stock up on a couple of these Top Shelf treasures.