WE'RE NOT SURE
You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2018.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Back by popular demand, this Angel favourite blend of robust Cab and juicy Merlot gives more and more each vintage! With growing Angel support and room for experimentation, Anna & Derek had another huge opportunity to execute some winemaking wonder.
- With a medium bodied palate of fresh berries, subtle choc-mint and spice, you'll be filling a second glass quickly to make sure others don't get to the bottle first! It has an attractive deep red colour, enticing aromas and soft tannins, all adding up to a crowd pleasing dry wine perfect for any casual occasion.
- Anna & Derek pride themselves on representing nature's most outstanding capabilities through their winemaking. As this drop develops in your glass, each sip will be a new expression of the Limestone Coast's finest local fruit parcels. The whole experience punches well above it's incredibly low price point!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This particular Little Jack drop has spent time maturing in old French oak to retain the brilliant aromatics and core fruit flavours that are inherent with such quality fruit! Get ready for aromas of blueberries, black cherries and oak, while your tastebuds enjoy forest fruits and spicy plum layers.
- The wine is sourced from an organically grown vineyard in Orange. With its commanding and juicy mid-palate, it won't stick around on Naked shelves for long! It's perfect drinking slightly chilled in summer, and even more perfect to stock up for winter...
- This is your go-to easy drinking Cab. There is no denying it punches well above its price point, so get in quick!
- Racking up thousands of buy-again ratings over the past five years, your favourite mid-week red is back! Any red lover will appreciate this gem, made from certified organic fruit and delicious to the bottom of the bottle! It's usually hard to come by organic Shiraz at such a low price, but that's what being an Angel is all about.
- You'll be treated to aromas of plums, liquorice and fruits of the forest alongside a silky palate of blueberries, raspberries, dark chocolate and oak spices. Ash's TLC has locked in maximum colour and allowed full expression of the natural fruit flavours.
- Cool climate conditions have ensured an easy drinking drop with soft tannins, perfect for that upcoming bbq or dinner party. The love & detail that has gone into this Shiraz is evident in every sip, so kick back and enjoy!
Stuey's oh-so-popular blend returns! It is simply bursting with plush fruity goodness! Get ready for a medium bodied drop, with a full and rich mid palate, fleshy fruits and a lingering finish. All individual batches of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro grapes were open fermented separately, basket pressed then matured separately in French and American oak hogsheads for almost a year. These four blokes treat grapes like gold, paying full respect to the grape growing families who produced the beautiful fruit.
Stylistically it is very typical of Barossa GSM blends - a very honest "wine of the village" where the emphasis is on approachable fruit layers and soft tannins. Guaranteed to provide a warm and inviting look at why the Barossa is so special. The only difference is just how sensational the value for your money is - many similar Barossa GSM blends ask a much higher price.
Under $15 Angel price for a hand made, artisanal scale wine, lovingly crafted barrel by barrel the old fashioned way, you've never seen anything quite like this before! By supporting Four Men and a Shed you are supporting a passionate group of farming families from the most recognised region in Australia, who nurture their vines all year round, generation after generation. Go on...find some friends, find some food then add GSM to help find the fun!
- Pinot Noir...the brooding and mysterious character that never fails to send taste buds into a spin! Adam's 2019 Pinot Noir is smooth, sexy and the perfect lighter bodied red for the warmer months.
- This notoriously delicate and complex varietal has been crafted to delight drinkers with a fragrant nose of lifted, juicy cherry and spicy red fruits.
- The palate shows spicy complexity and savoury, and gamey nuances. With enough love and oak in this baby to make it last, do yourself a favour and stock up to enjoy it again and again as the layers fulfil their potential over the coming years.
- Marsanne is one of the lesser known white varieties of the world, with its home being the Northern Rhone area of France. It has been likened to Chardonnay without the ego, and can age superbly. The vineyard that Stu sourced these grapes from is probably the only planting in Margaret River - extremely rare!.
- Aromas of pear, butter, spice and nuts will jump from the glass! This Marsanne has a lovely textural palate, while retaining a delicious freshness and lightness.
- Made in super-tiny amounts. Angels looking for something ever so slightly - but exotically - different will snaffle this before it disappears.