- It’s the rarity of cool climate Malbec in WA that makes this wine so unique. Mike was lucky to get his hands on such prized fruit!
- Grown on the deep gravel soils at Frankland River, it’s been respectfully crafted by an award-winnig winemaker and allowed to mature for a full 11 months in new French oak.
- Crack open the bottle to let loose an intense earthy red, brimming with ripe mulberry and blueberry fruit and plush, mouth filling tannins that give each sensuous sip a real presence.
All organic production has transformed hand-picked grapes from A-grade NZ vineyards into Naked’s first Central Otago Pinot Noir. A true ‘winemakers fantasy’ wine!
This Pinot’s been treated to wild yeast fermentation with 20% whole bunches in the mix for extra depth and length. After a gentle press, it’s taken a nap in French oak for 11 months to mature and reach peak balance.
This is a classic Pinot Noir - packing a ripe, spicy, dark cherry scent and lush fresh berry flavours. It’s drinking beautifully now in its youth, but if you can be patient, it will smooth out and its berryness will darken over the next few years.
- 1.5L of premium Red, that’s already been cellared and is absolutely superb. It’s a perfect match for the table on Christmas Day. Winemaker Leighton Joy used organically grown fruit (not yet officially certified), sourced from his Pyren vineyard in Victoria’s Pyrenees. The grapes are of pristine quality; “of the highest calibre”, Leighton affirms.
- It has lovely red and blackberry fruit aromas, a nudge of spice that gives it just the right amount of warmth and a welcome hint of oak. There’s just the loveliest touch of vanilla too, making this a highly approachable, balanced and enjoyable drop. It’s never been on the shelves before, and Leighton says you’ll enjoy his “plush, soft, welcoming” Shiraz.
- There are delightful black pepper notes, typical of the best Victorian Shiraz, which add lovely spice and complexity. Leighton’s Shiraz is warm on your palate, with soft, building tannins. You’ll appreciate the extra this exclusive Magnum size offers - it’s a real crowd pleaser, so there should just about be enough for everyone to enjoy! Leighton advises this “serious” wine has potential to age to 2030.
- A superb example of how a blend should be done. Super high quality Shiraz grapes have been used that showcase four separate vineyards - Sellicks Hill, McLaren Vale, McLaren Flat and Blewitt Springs. Each site expresses Shiraz in its own unique way and come together to really sing. Complemented by both old bush vine Grenache and carefully grown Grenache grapes, this is a wine that demonstrates the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts.
- A standout example of skilled winemaking by master craftsman Geoff Thompson, who has earned himself a reputation for being an exceptional blender. The wine is a lovely deep garnet in colour, promising a rich and ripe flavour it more than delivers on. With depth from the Shiraz supported by raspberry and spice from the Grenache and earthy notes from the Mourvedre, there is a distinct harmony to this wine and an underlying, satisfying richness.
- Matured mostly in seasoned French Oak barrels, there was also a touch of new oak used for the Shiraz maturing, which has given the wine a nudge of toasty oak. High quality fruit and Geoff’s clever winemaking has delivered a drop that promises to be extra great with a hearty meal. It’s the first time Grounded Cru have released an SGM and it’s available in strictly limited supply - so be sure to grab a bottle before it’s all snapped up!
- Noses at the ready - this Riesling is an aromatic delight! This is its inaugural release, and is the first time the legendary Jen Pfeiffer has made a Riesling outside of her home state of Victoria.
- The Hero Riesling is classically Clare Valley, infused with Jen’s rocking redhead personality! A bouquet of fresh grapefruit, lime, jasmine and apple blossom entices you in, and a palate abundant with Nashi pear, lime juice, minerality and a lengthy finish will keep you coming back for more.
- This Hero Riesling is begging to be drunk now. Enjoy every sip of another wine made possible by Angel backing!
- Cool winters and warm summers have ensured the quality of grapes used for this sensational Shiraz are second-to-none. It showcases fruit from Stratford’s family owned, single estate vineyard, located on the banks of Central Victoria’s Goulburn River. The grapes enjoyed a long growing season which has resulted in full flavour and silky tannins.
- Rich, supple fruit flavours will enchant from your first sip. But even before you get that chance, you’re greeted with aromas of cherry blossom, blood plum and blackberry. There’s a wonderful full-bodied taste, with dark forest fruits and hints of licorice and white pepper. A lingering finish of soft tannins is thanks to a year spent in French and American oak barrels… and is very welcome!
- Low yielding, mature vines have ensured the quality of this Shiraz is superb. But given a few extra years in the bottle, it’s also had the chance to sink into its rich flavours and add further complexity. Give it a moment to breathe when you open it, and you’ll be treated to a sensational Shiraz.
- A deligtful sparkling wine with fine bubbles, made with grapes from premium vineyards in the Adelaide Hills - a region with a long history of producing premium sparkling wines
- Pale straw gold in colour, it's fine, elegant palate delivers a tingling treat in every sip!
- Here's a wine to get your taste buds dancing. The scent of strawberry, pink grapefruit and a hint of fresh bread mingle with intense berry and sweet Meyer lemon, white nectarine, cashew nut and a mouthwatering citrus finish. Just fabulous.
- Grapes from way up in the cool-climate region of Orange succumbed to Ash’s enviable wine talents and rested on lees in French oak for 8 months to produce this elegant drop.
- The result is a wine with a delicate scent of pear, wild flowers and a touch of toast. Each mouthful tastes like a party of pears, lime and a hint of vanilla.
- It’s organic, it’s limited in numbers and you can only get it here. Grab yours now to enjoy chilled with a Chicken or Pork dinner and the company of those you love (and will love you for pouring them a second glass!)
- This feels like winemaker Brian Fletcher’s love letter to Margaret River. The grapes were grown in a vineyard that has given it a very distinctive characteristic, with concentrated flavours, elegant tannins and that Western Australian quality we love so much.
- An unmistakably Margaret River Cabernet, it delivers a wonderfully velvety texture that lingers on the palate. With intense flavours of blackcurrant and dark cherry, there are also more nuanced hints of spice. There are vibrant aromas of blackberry and cassis, with whispers of eucalyptus and dark chocolate.
- WA winemaking legend Brian says he’s taken a hands-off approach, instead allowing the grapes to show off in magnificent style. “I’m just the translator!” he explains. What that tastes like is fluency in action… a harmonious balance of ripe fruit, supple tannins and a lovely, long finish. This is truly a “winemaker’s wine.”
This is a very special, one-of-a-kind blend, sourced from organic Orange vineyards high above sea level.
The Shiraz and Marsanne grapes were fermented together at cool temperatures to unite and deepen their characters. The young wine matured quietly in new and old oak for 11 months to develop extra texture and silkiness.
Open a bottle to reveal its heady white peach, violet, spicy plum and raspberry notes. Each mouthful is filled with silky, spicy, savoury tannins! The Marsanne really lifts the Shiraz’s game with its aromatic peach and floral notes.