Just 680 cases made! This first release of Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s 100% Langhorne Creek Shiraz Cab Malbec is blended to perfection. Showing a brightness and brooding complexity this wine displays a lovely elegance and generous mouthfeel - perfect for the cooler months.
From the first pour you’ll be mesmerised by deep red purple hues, delightful aromas of plums, blueberries and black olives and beautifully soft, velvety tannins.
Geoff has done everything to let the fruit shine: from harvesting in the cool of the night, maturing in American and French oak and then expertly blended to create this beautifully balanced wine.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Last year, Dolan & Dunn’s sublime inaugural red sold out in a flash. Now, one of our most eagerly anticipated wines returns to the Naked shelves exclusively for Angels. You simply cannot get a more experienced or powerful Australian winemaking team than this. At all. Anywhere!
This robust but oh-so-elegant wine has Barossa richness stamped all over it. Gear up for a plush, luscious palate with layers of raspberry, loganberry and hints of blackberry and blueberry. Gentle spice mingles with juicy plum...pick that chin up off the floor!
Under $19 for this deliciousness is an Angel-only privilege. Caroline and Nigel have over 60 years of brilliant Barossa winemaking experience between them and, extraordinarily, have never made a wine together...until NOW!
- Ashley handcrafted two different shiraz wines, separately, from the same single organic vineyard in the Upper Hunter to showcase just how a small change in harvesting can make a huge difference.
- Shiraz Premiere Recolte is the first of two harvests and therefore is a more elegant style and slightly lower in alcohol when compared to the secondary (Deuxime) pick. Beautiful fruit aromas of cherry and raspberry notes are balanced with a beautiful clove spicy character. Both the Deuxime and Premiere were handpicked, crushed, cold soaked and matured for 10 months in oak before bottling.
- Why not get one each of the Premiere and Deuxime shiraz to compare the effect that the time of harvest can make to a grape and a wine - and discover your favourite!
- This is a wine for those who want to give back to their community and also dare to drink a little differently! Jen has accessed the best fruit for this wine, due to the significance of the story behind it. The Durif part came from one of the growers of her top shelf Diamond delight, and the Shiraz component came from two high performing family vineyards that produce rich and robust Shiraz.
- This wine has been given the Rolls Royce treatment, all the time letting the fruit shine, including 15-18 months in new and old oak barrels. Time in barrel allows the the tannins to soften, the colour to stabilize and provides the wine with a greater sense of completeness. The flavours are rich and powerful, with ripe berry fruit, warming spices and chocolatey hints. Not to mention incredibly deep, dark purple red colour – you simply can’t see through it!
- Jen is donating the proceeds of her Dream Reality wine to increasing the awareness around Men’s health and assisting their wellbeing. This wine was blended in memory to Paul, a dear work mate.
Ashley handcrafted two different shiraz wines, separately, from the same single organic vineyard in the Upper Hunter to showcase just how a small change in harvesting can make a huge difference.
Shiraz Deuxième Recolte is the second of two harvests and therefore has greater ripeness, a higher alcohol content and fuller fruit flavour. Beautiful fruit aromas of cherry and plum are balanced with subtle spice, rounded tannins and peppery characters. Both the Deuxime and Premiere were handpicked, crushed, cold soaked and matured for 10 months in oak before bottling.
Why not get one each of the Deuxime and Premiere shiraz to compare the effect that the time of harvest can make to a grape and a wine - and discover your favourite!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, unlcluding red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from 12 different, unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.
- It's hard to beat treating yourself with a local red as you settle in for the evening. It's tougher yet to beat Ash's latest instalment of Shiraz Viognier - his treat for Angels straight from the Top Shelf! To top it all off, this single vineyard stunner is certified organic.
- Each glass you pour will spill out aromas of lavender, oak spices and blueberries. The palate will send you into a spin with layers of sweet plums, raspberry and delightful savoury tannins to round it all out!
- Hand picked by Ash's team in the Upper Hunter Valley, he used whole berries and French Oak to maximise the potential of each gorgeous berry. Co-fermenting the Shiraz and Viognier varietals together integrated tannins and flavours as smoothly as possible. There was very limited production of this historically popular wine, so stock up today and then pop a couple in the cellar ready for winter!
WE'RE NOT SURE
From the vineyard to the glass, this Icon wine has been meticulously crafted at every step. The vines from the specially selected Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale & Clare Valley sites are gnarly and old and extremely well loved! Each parcel of great fruit was selected within the vineyard - row and part row selected.
Ever-so-carefully hand made, hand plunged, small batches are then barrel selected and blended in order to achieve the desired super premium style. Only the very best of the best made it to the final cut.You’ll be tantalised by the impossibly deep colour, the opulent dense black fruit characters and the luscious hints of pepper, liquorice, cinnamon, clove and star anise. Yummm!
Only 180 cases in existence. With over 65,000 Angels, you better get your skates on!