Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
- Jen has created a spirited and approachable dry red teaming with fruit flavour. The Rebel Shiraz Durif blend is crafted with passionate detail, showing off the individual terroir elements of several fantastic Victorian wineries, including premium Durif grapes from Rutherglen (yes, the same top quality Durif from Jen's Diamond range!)
- Each parcel of grapes is soaked, fermented and pumped separately to maximise its unique character, then blended just prior to bottling. This is the moment when months of preparation pull together, showing a lovely deep maroon colour and combining aromas of ripe berries, plums and a touch of spice.
- The palate is full and flavoursome with the extra kick from the Durif, with lovely balance and great length. This is a wine that truly punches above its weight, and at a juicy bargain for Angels it's a must in the next case for any red lover. Get in quick and don't miss the chance to let your hair down like a good red head!
Top Margaret River and Ferguson Valley vineyards gave up some of their best fruit to bring regional characters to this vibrant red. The grapes were hand-picked to keep them in tip-top condition.
Paul added whole bunches to the fermenting wine to introduce greater complexity and silky tannins. He went to great efforts to lock in the light red cherry notes and softer aromatics without too much tannin.
Open a bottle and treat your senses to the soft, juicy red and purple fruits with deliciously smooth tannins. You’ll find a generous, medium-bodied palate with a fresh cleansing finish. A delicious red wine that can be served chilled.
Drew Tuckwell’s cool-climate single-vineyard Orange region Syrah is not your average Shiraz. Sourced from a single mature vineyard, the grapes are grown at 630m above sea level allowing optimum ripening for the variety in this region.
This Syrah shows intense aromatic, lifted floral and red berry characters all with a hint of spice. Maturation in a giant 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel has created an incredibly fresh, intense, complex and delicious Shiraz. The intensity and textural quality makes it extremely individual and provides a different expression to the classic Australian Shiraz style.
This incredible small batch Orange Syrah was made in tiny amounts. Don’t miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles!
You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2018.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stu’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, was sourced from a fifth generation family owned single-vineyard on the banks of the Para River, Barossa Valley.
This exquisite red was open fermented, basket pressed, aged in new and older French oak hogsheads for almost 2 years. The Four Men are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. Sensational bright dark blue and black fruits with rich firm tannins and gorgeous length of ripe flavour and a deliciously soft finish.
It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. It’ll hold its own against any top-end Aussie Cabernet - anywhere, anytime!
- With only 8 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
- Also known as 'Petite Syrah' (small Shiraz), Durif is a black skinned grape variety that thrives in the warm Australian climate producing rich and intense red wine styles. This is the perfect earthy wine for those not afraid of a bit of gusto, especially at such a pocket-friendly price!
- Adrian and Rebecca sourced their grapes from the warm region of the Riverina. It's rich red soils suit the Durif varietal perfectly, with warm vintage conditions producing rich berry flavours and and softer tannins than cool regions.
- Dark in colour, dark by nature is the ethos for Durif. This intense, dry wine wows with deep brooding fruit characters of blackberry and blueberry, teamed with subtle notes of chocolate, liquorice and balanced oak. A powerful surprise for those seeking a knock out wine any time of the week!
- It's back! This is a deep brooding red, just as gorgeous on the nose and palate as it is when you first clasp eyes on its beautiful label. This Diamond is full of the very best quality fruit from two Rutherglen vineyards and a parcel of fruit from Heathcote where very low yields are maintained to ensure the fullest of flavours each and every sip.
- This wine comes with a warning - it is a BIG red! If you love a drop that is bold and not afraid to show off its layers, you simply can't go past the Diamond Durif. The varietal is naturally very high in tannin so picking the grapes at exactly the right time is vital.
- Jen has crafted this vintage beautifully. The wine has a dark and inky purple colour. The nose abounds with black berries and blood plums, dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla. With rich flavours on the fore to mid palate and plenty of tannin giving length and power on the finish, make sure you're sitting down for your first sip....it may just knock you off your feet!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Back by popular demand, this Angel favourite blend of robust Cab and juicy Merlot gives more and more each vintage! With growing Angel support and room for experimentation, Anna & Derek had another huge opportunity to execute some winemaking wonder.
- With a medium bodied palate of fresh berries, subtle choc-mint and spice, you'll be filling a second glass quickly to make sure others don't get to the bottle first! It has an attractive deep red colour, enticing aromas and soft tannins, all adding up to a crowd pleasing dry wine perfect for any casual occasion.
- Anna & Derek pride themselves on representing nature's most outstanding capabilities through their winemaking. As this drop develops in your glass, each sip will be a new expression of the Limestone Coast's finest local fruit parcels. The whole experience punches well above it's incredibly low price point!