Pristine fruit from the estate, new and traditional winemaking techniques and a long sleep in the cellar have resulted in a distinguished 8-year-old Shiraz.
Gorgeous red cherry, cocoa and spice at first give way to dark fruits like blackberry conserve with a touch of anise. All finished off with fine tannins providing a well balanced, elegant finish for a wine of its age.
This is a rare affordable chance to get an aged red from a single vineyard estate in a region renowned for producing award winning wines since the 1860’s. Perfect for drinking now - why would you wait?
- Sourced from 3 separate blocks of Shiraz to give the finished wine the right balance of powerful and elegance.
- Josh set about capturing those wonderful fruit characters and flavours in the winery using a minimal intervention style and native yeast (from the grapes). 15 months in oak barrels finished the job and the wine was bottled unfiltered.
- Look out for the mocha, raspberry, blueberry presence with a shake of spice. Richly layered with length and freshness, this is a classic Barossa Shiraz that over delivers in quality for the price!
- It’s the rarity of cool climate Malbec in WA that makes this wine so unique. Mike was lucky to get his hands on such prized fruit!
- Grown on the deep gravel soils at Frankland River, it’s been respectfully crafted by an award-winnig winemaker and allowed to mature for a full 11 months in new French oak.
- Crack open the bottle to let loose an intense earthy red, brimming with ripe mulberry and blueberry fruit and plush, mouth filling tannins that give each sensuous sip a real presence.
- Tim’s first premium Barossa Shiraz for Naked is a blend from some of the oldest Shiraz vineyards in the region (over 100 years old!) in a truly great year.
- The grapes have been given the royal treatment in the winery. Extra time on lees (dead yeast) in barrel and an absence of any fining agents means the wine is unfiltered, and full of flavour. Dive in to its dark cherry and black olive scent, juicy fruit and hugging tannins.
- Wines sourced from vineyards of this age with such detailed winemaking are generally three or four times the price. And it’s vegan friendly to boot!
All organic production has transformed hand-picked grapes from A-grade NZ vineyards into Naked’s first Central Otago Pinot Noir. A true ‘winemakers fantasy’ wine!
This Pinot’s been treated to wild yeast fermentation with 20% whole bunches in the mix for extra depth and length. After a gentle press, it’s taken a nap in French oak for 11 months to mature and reach peak balance.
This is a classic Pinot Noir - packing a ripe, spicy, dark cherry scent and lush fresh berry flavours. It’s drinking beautifully now in its youth, but if you can be patient, it will smooth out and its berryness will darken over the next few years.
Made with exceptional old-vine grapes from the iconic Schober's Vineyard in Clare Valley, Adam’s taken every care in creating a wine of distinction - in strictly limited numbers.
This stunningly powerful Cabernet is waiting for you inside an elegant minimalist bottle, directly printed with the iconic Rabbit & Spaghetti logo. Very classy.
Fall in love with a cassis, plum and herby scent that draws you into intense mulberry and dark chocolate flavours and a hint of cigar. Share if you dare!
- 1.5L of premium Red, that’s already been cellared and is absolutely superb. It’s a perfect match for the table on Christmas Day. Winemaker Leighton Joy used organically grown fruit (not yet officially certified), sourced from his Pyren vineyard in Victoria’s Pyrenees. The grapes are of pristine quality; “of the highest calibre”, Leighton affirms.
- It has lovely red and blackberry fruit aromas, a nudge of spice that gives it just the right amount of warmth and a welcome hint of oak. There’s just the loveliest touch of vanilla too, making this a highly approachable, balanced and enjoyable drop. It’s never been on the shelves before, and Leighton says you’ll enjoy his “plush, soft, welcoming” Shiraz.
- There are delightful black pepper notes, typical of the best Victorian Shiraz, which add lovely spice and complexity. Leighton’s Shiraz is warm on your palate, with soft, building tannins. You’ll appreciate the extra this exclusive Magnum size offers - it’s a real crowd pleaser, so there should just about be enough for everyone to enjoy! Leighton advises this “serious” wine has potential to age to 2030.
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s Tassie Pinot Noir is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range with the vineyard tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allowed the rich flavours in this fruity red to develop brilliantly!
Discover spicy fruit characters that are unique to the vineyard, complemented by hints of rosemary and musk from the time spent ageing in premium French oak.
Once the word gets out about this stunning Top Shelf Pinot Noir it’ll fly off the shelves!
Home to Mark and Emma Kenneally, Culley Road basks in the Mediterranean climate of McLaren Vale. The A-grade vineyard that used to supply Penfolds is now in conversion to certified organic status and managed with the love and attention that the A&K team is known for.
This is a big and intense red wine - think cherries and blackcurrants with a dusting of pepper-powered mocha. It's all about that magnificent fruit!
Hailing from a vineyard that previously supplied fruit for $150 bottles of wine, this Shiraz is an Angel bargain! Tuck a few away for a rainy day – they’ll evolve beautifully in the cellar for the next 10 years.
- A superb example of how a blend should be done. Super high quality Shiraz grapes have been used that showcase four separate vineyards - Sellicks Hill, McLaren Vale, McLaren Flat and Blewitt Springs. Each site expresses Shiraz in its own unique way and come together to really sing. Complemented by both old bush vine Grenache and carefully grown Grenache grapes, this is a wine that demonstrates the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts.
- A standout example of skilled winemaking by master craftsman Geoff Thompson, who has earned himself a reputation for being an exceptional blender. The wine is a lovely deep garnet in colour, promising a rich and ripe flavour it more than delivers on. With depth from the Shiraz supported by raspberry and spice from the Grenache and earthy notes from the Mourvedre, there is a distinct harmony to this wine and an underlying, satisfying richness.
- Matured mostly in seasoned French Oak barrels, there was also a touch of new oak used for the Shiraz maturing, which has given the wine a nudge of toasty oak. High quality fruit and Geoff’s clever winemaking has delivered a drop that promises to be extra great with a hearty meal. It’s the first time Grounded Cru have released an SGM and it’s available in strictly limited supply - so be sure to grab a bottle before it’s all snapped up!