- This is the only Botrytis Semillon dessert wine available through Naked Wines! Rob has hand crafted a unique wine for Angels with grapes from the NSW Riverina region. Wines of this style are quite rare not only in the landscape of Australian wine, but also in world wine.
- Your glass will show wonderful colours of light gold with amber hues. Then get ready for some enticing aromas. Think dried apricot and orange marmalade combined with fresh peach and hints of high quality French oak. The scrumptious flavours on your palate will be a rich and complex combination of mango and citrus layers. The fine acid structure combined with subtle oak characters provide balance to this exceptionally complex and luscious wine.
- Rob's outstanding attention to detail has created a sweet delight that is a true reward for the Angels who helped make it happen. This is the perfect wine to enjoy with special company, save for an occasion or to share as an out-of-the-ordinary gift to a lucky pal. So, why not stock up with several! Woohoo! And, as of June 2019, it's just scored 95 Points from the esteemed wine writer James Halliday.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Anna and Derek have pretty much created their best wine of the vintage. Adding a little bit of each white variety creating a wine where the ‘whole is greater than the individual parts’.
- A cunning blend of Chardonnay, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris brings layers of complexity and lasting fruit intensity.
- Your taste buds will love the hints of vibrant citrus and fresh fruits that makes this dangerously drinkable and perfect with seafood.
Kevin McCarthy’s single vineyard Mornington Peninsula Friulano white is sure to tick all your boxes. The perfect aromatic white with the backbone to age beautifully, too!
This is a serious foodwine, with such intensity of aromas and flavours. From the very first pour into the glass you’ll be experiencing exotic fruits and herbs and hints of pear - scrumptious with baked or barbecued seafood.
Made in tiny quantities, and a perfect white varietal for those looking to branch out from Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot G. With only 249 cases in existence you’ll have to be quick.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate - Mount Gambier - from soils that are totally unique - limestone and flint pebbles. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide super flavour concentration, balanced by very cool nights driven by the extremely cold southern ocean. Every afternoon cooling sea breezes reduce the temperature and retain the natural grape acids during the ripening season.
- Machine harvested at night time to retain the fresh flavours. The grapes were destemmed without crushing and pressed as soon as possible to minimise the phenolic and colour extraction from the skins.
- Aromas of fresh crisp apple and a delicious hint of rose petals drive through to lip-smacking, mouth-watering flavours of limes, ripe pear and spice. Ahhh, yummm!
- Think fairy floss and pink grapefruit teamed with hints of rose petal and musk and you'll start to get an idea of how beautiful this wine smells. A touch of fizz is tops it all off!
- This is a refreshing, sweeter style of wine with fruit flavours of strawberries, nectarines and limes, all combining to create a low alcohol, easy drinking vino that your crowd will be diving over each other to re-fill with.
- Serve really cold by itself, or create a delicious summer cocktail by adding crushed ice, mixed berries and a sprig of mint. At under $11 for Angels, this is perfect material to stock up your fridge with. Bring on summer!
- Adam's live-in-the-moment White wine is back! This year's installment is made from Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewürztraminer, all growing next to each other and harvested at the same time, just the same as the original winemakers did.
- Co-fermenting the grapes has produced am aromatic, spicy and textural wine that will take you to your happy place!
- WWII Italian prisoners of war created history as they arrived in South Australia's serene wine regions and spread their incredible culture, including dishes of Rabbit & Spaghetti. The coming together of these cultures makes you think, just as the rustic union of these White grapes will. Cheers!
Rob’s juicy Vermentino is the perfect wine for the hot months to come. The zesty, tropical fruit flavours are complemented beautifully by zippy acidity and leads on to a super refreshing long finish.
You’ll discover enticing aromas of floral jasmine and lemongrass all combined with a fresh limey zesty hint of tropical flavours.
This burgeoning white variety is a foodies best friend! Your taste buds will be dancing in anticipation of the next sip. This is sure to become another classic that flies off the shelfs in a jiffy!
Angels, when Ben was asked what he thinks of Chardonnay, he didn't hold back! "More than any other variety in the wine world it should be a wine that makes you say YUM!". This wine does exactly that, returning to Naked shelves after an astounding 90% rated last vintage. A clean, fresh, stone fruit nose with hints of vanilla - the tell-tale sign of a cool-climate classic. The palate shows wonderful white peach and pear, bolstered by a subtle hit of richness and spice from the oak. The clean, refreshing acidity creates a finish that will have you licking your lips.
Ben and his team have been spending every waking moment in the vineyard improving soil health, and reducing vineyard yields to help intensify flavour development in the grapes. Growing alongside world famous black truffles and healthy hazelnut trees, this wine has Mother Nature's riches on its side! Every year brings another level of maturity to the vines, and the grapes for this wine were picked in multiple batches to ensure a mix of fresh, racy flavours, plus some richer, more bold characters for Angels to enjoy.
This wine is about as versatile as a chardonnay can be. Suited to almost any meal, its richness and finesse mean it will be your best friend when you're looking for a white with a little more 'oomph'. Pemberton is developing a reputation as one of the leading cool-climate chardonnay regions in WA. Ben's tip? It always pays to be ahead of the trends and snapping up amazing quality wines before the rest of the community catches on!
- Dive on in to a world where fresh, easy drinking white wine reigns supreme! Honeysuckle and exotic spice aromas will draw you in, leading to a flavour packed palate of pear, grapefruit and a hint of wild honey. Grounded Cru is Geoff Thompson's new era project following on from Lodestar Wines, opening up more possibilities to create unique and exclusive wines for Angels.
- This Pinot Gris has a juicy palate, elegantly balanced with a delightfully fresh and long lasting finish. A truly versatile food wine, Geoff's Pinot Gris will be a great match to many family favourite Spring and Summer dishes. His masterful blending of top quality SA grape parcels has resulted in yet another scrumptious treat to fill your glass with.
- Both your taste buds and your wallet will be in heaven with this white gem. At under $11 for Angels and scoring a massive 91% buy-again rating from thousands of other drinkers like yourself last vintage, it's an undeniable case-filling winner!
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adam’s high altitude Eden Valley Riesling hits all the brilliant right notes. Sourced from two vineyards in the sub-regions of Craneford and Williamstown.
Harvested in the cool of the night to retain the pristine fruit characters it is fabulously expressive showing green rockmelon, Granny Smith apple, lemon peel and blossom aromas, leading to a finely textured palate that is brilliantly focused and linear. The wine has bright acidity, leading on to superbly long mouth-watering finish.
Even before it hit the shelves it got a flying start with a stunning 95 point rating by Sam Kim of Wine Orbit in July 2019. Made in tiny volumes of under 500 cases this won’t be around for long.