WE'RE NOT SURE
- Certified organic grapes are the crucial foundation for Tapi's everlasting popularity! Single vineyard to boot, this outstanding wine comes straight to your glass from the reknowned Wairau River Valley in Marlborough NZ, one of the best places in the world to grow Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2019 provided a long, slow ripening conditions. This naturally reduced the acidity in the grapes so it's softer and more approachable than most Sauvignon Blancs on the market. Mark and Gus are true believers in letting nature take her course to ensure the best wine is produced, especially when the fruit is this good!
- Get ready for scrumptious passionfruit and tropical guava characters with a luscious feel and juicy lime finish. No wonder it won GOLD at the 2020 NZ Organic Wine awards!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Granted their Winemaker's Fantasy in 2018, these Pinot Gris grapes were hand-picked from lovingly restored vines in Bill & Claudia’s new vineyard in the Marlborough region of NZ. Their own fruit for their own label!
The 2019 ripening season was near perfect. The gorgeous little bunches were hand-picked when in tip-top condition and were showered with care and attention as they made their thrilling transformation into wine.
This is a full-flavoured, crisp and dry Pinot Gris with that delicious pear and citrus flavour. Small batch white winemaking at its best and that means it won’t last long on the shelves!
Our Kiwi superstar Nicky Parish has elevated this wine to the next level! The bold choice of increasing both the new-oak and malolactic fermentation influence has brought even greater luxury to her signature drop.
Aromas of citrus and white nectarine will jump out of your glass ably matched by a gorgeous hint of toasty French oak. Textures and layers of flavours have come from time on yeast lees and the delicious finish goes on forever - it’s both balanced and bursting with liveliness.
This is a naturally low cropping vineyard managed by Nicky's father to the highest level, which is all the more reason to hop on board while the vintage is in stock! With quality you can taste from oodles of TLC in the grape growing and winemaking process. Get in quick.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The grapes came from a beautiful vineyard in the lower Wairau Valley in Marlborough, NZ, which is renowned for producing some of the world's most intense aromatic wines. The vineyard has finished a strict three-year organic accreditation process.
Strap yourself in... this Pinto Gris is about to launch you to your happy place! Lychee and Nashi pear play alongside floral hints…are you salivating yet? You’ll be swept away with juicy fruit flavours and a subtle spice that entices you back for more. No wonder it won Gold medal at the 2020 NZ Organic Wine Awards!
This wine was created on a foundation of quality fruit that was grown and harvested using organic principles. It's a stunning drop.
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
The quality of the fruit that’s gone into the bottle is incredible. As one of New Zealand’s most respected and well-known winemakers, Rod Eastwood got his hands on the best fruit around from two of Hawke’s Bay’s finest vineyards.
Once barrel-fermentation finished, the young wine slept on lees over the winter to develop more complex flavours. Then Malolactic fermentation kicked in to soften the natural acidity. Finally, after a total of 10 months on oak, the wine was filtered without any fining to keep as much flavour as possible.
Open a bottle of this classic cool-climate Chardy to release the glorious peach, brioche and hazelnut notes hiding inside. Take a sip and you’ll be awash with waves of flavour and a balanced acidity that promises the next sip is not far behind.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia are back with their crowd favourite Sylvia Savvy! Using vines from the most idyllic Sauvignon Blanc location within the Marlborough region, this wine is made with love exclusively for Angels. Equivalent grapes from this location usually end up in bottles that sell primarily on wine lists of posh restaurants at two or three times the price.
- It was fermented warm with non-conventional winemaking yeasts then matured on yeast lees for three months. All this adds up to a bold drop! It's complex and weighty, yet crisp and refreshing.
- It captures all those flavours (and then some) that have made Marlborough synonymous with Sauvignon Blanc. Get ready for intense aromas and flavours of passionfruit and redcurrant. This renowned regional wine can be yours for a steal AND your fellow Angels have spoken - 90% of those who tried the last vintage want to buy it again, so get in quick!
The 2018/19 summer was lovely & warm. The amazing amount of sunshine produced good sized crops and a gorgeous even ripening. The grapes were sourced from parcels of fruit from three separate North Canterbury vineyards has produced a stunning Pinot Gris.
The natural fruit sweetness is balanced with a perfect acidity backbone that is such a hallmark of great cool-climate wines.
The mouthfeel is multi-layered and textured giving the wine depth, balance and intrigue. You’ll be bowled over by the aromas of ripe juicy Gala Apples & Nashi Pear. This is an off-dry style with freshly picked stone fruit and notes of Turkish delight.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The family vineyard lies in the beautiful Wairau valley in Marlborough. It's in its first year of its organic conversion so your're getting an organically grown Chardonnay for a conventional price.
Blending Chardonnay with a smidgen of Viognier (5%) gives the wine a lovely apricot character. Be prepared for fresh and flavourful mouthfulls of lemony peach with an apricot hit and a side order of toasted biccies!
Chardonnay with Viognier is quite unique. Chardonnay and Viognier from the same vineyard is even rarer still. Just for you!