Judy and Glen Kelly continue to make their mark on Australia's winemaking scene with rarely produced Mediterranean varietals, including this Graciano! Thanks to a delicate vintage process that included night harvesting, crushing the fruit within three hours of picking and ageing the wine in French oak, the flavour integrity in this unique red is impeccable!
Wines like this aren't easy to come by; the grapes hail from the oldest Graciano planting in the Clare Valley. With a smooth palate and intense garnet colour that echoes an abundance of cherries and hint of five spice, each sip is reminiscent of slow, sunny days spent in northern Spain.
As a boutique winemakers, Judy and Glen only produced a small quantity of this delectable drop. A premium wine like this would typically set you back $27.99 but Angels can nab it for $17.99 - if they hurry!
Wow! A premium Spanish Rioja style red wine - straight from the Clare Valley in South Australia. Judy and Glen have some of the oldest Tempranillo grown in Australia. This wine has history on its side!
All three parts were made separately, received subtle ageing in French oak and then blended. This delectable red is overflowing with juicy fruit berry and plum flavours, and a hint of savoury spice. A wine of this calibre using fruit from these exceptional aged vines would normally sell for over $30 per bottle.
Incredibly food friendly and made for enjoying now or over the next 3-4 years. Great for Summer too! Twenty minutes in the fridge and this will be the perfect mainstay at all your BBQ’s!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Judy & Glenn Kelly have created a truly unique ‘heaven sent’ for the Angels. Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon merged with some softer Merlot to round out the palate. Beautifully soft!
Get ready for lifted bright aromas and a vibrant yet smooth palate of ripe berry fruits with subtle hints of spice and chocolate. Yum!
A drop of this calibre usually sells for upwards of $30 a bottle elsewhere so don't miss out on this boutique creation.
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Looking for something a little different in your Pinot? You've found it! The fruit used to create this wine comes from sites that are sloped to the river and ripen earlier than many other vineyards in the Tamar Valley. The climate conditions produced grapes with the perfect balance of acid, tannin and ripeness.
- All grapes were hand picked, and fermented naturally in open fermenters with no additions. The fruit was packed with variety of bunch size, flavour concentration and time of ripening. When it came to blending, Cynthea and David had a huge range of options. This is where their talent shines!
- A deep scarlet colour will fill your glass, with perfumed aromas of violets and cherries leaping out. The first sip is like devouring a cup of summer berries! Fresh, red, juicy and delicious. The palate opens up, with savoury and spicy notes and plush sweet fruit. It's medium bodied and beautiful from bottle to the bottom of your glass; certainly the kind of wine you want to have for a special occasion with great food and with great company. Get in quick to secure some of this small batch wonder for yourself!
- This is a lighter style Shiraz — not as big and blingy as its Barossa cousin — with softer fruit flavours. The quality is right up there with the best.
- Created from grapes from a single vineyard on the North Eastern Ridge of the Clare Valley. Glenn finds the wines from here show more perfume and freshness.
- A sip of this will reward you with intense purple fruit and raspberry characters and a hint of cinnamon and pepper. You should be able to pick out a touch of bay leaf and classic Shiraz peppercorns and the little pucker of fine tannins.
- A perfectly-balanced red blend that might remind you of the Aussie outback — red, earthy and full of local expression.
- It's a wonderful expression of the Clare Valley - two of its best varieties, skillfully crafted together in perfect harmony to a medium-bodied wine.
- It’s packed with juicy red and dark berries, slightly herby and a hint of mint-choc-chip (trust me, it works!). Its mouthwatering presence will be felt long after you’ve swallowed it.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This beautiful wine is sourced from three stunning sub regions of the Clare Valley. Each area is renowned for big flavour and intensity. Filled with tannins that give the wine a perfect framework, it's textural dimensions are accompanied by a phenomenally persistent finish.
- The nose packs a gamey punch with hints of strawberries, drawing you into the heavenly red world Adam has crafted. Best to lock a few of these in your basket quick before it's snapped up off the virtual shelves once again.
- Each drop brings savoury and complex elements that will have you licking your lips; think cherries and spices evolving into your glass. Thousands of Angels can't be wrong, scoring the last vintage a huge 95% buy-again rating!
- Skilfully made with grapes from two distinctly different vineyards - Nina’s family vineyard in Central VIC and another one in Heathcote - to give the wine layers of flavour. Matured in French oak barrels for 8 months.
- Open a bottle and set free its dark cherry berry crumble flavours with a sprinking of dark chocolate and sage. Mouthwatering tannins and a long silky finish will tempt you in for another sip!
- An excellent example of a beautiful, elegant Shiraz from two of Victoria's great Shiraz growing regions. Elegant and easy drinking but still with that unmistakeable Shiraz punch.