WE'RE NOT SURE
When you get your lips around this robust, structured, elegant Malbec it’s like you’ve packed your bags and travelled to Argentina! Rich with ripe intensity and beautifully balanced with delectable spicy aromas of black pepper and mint.
Having the pick of the finest Mendoza vineyards Ben picked two sites, one low, providing fruit character and one high, providing structure.
Nothing was spared in the making of this classic red: Matured for 12 months in 90% French oak and 10% American oak and then into an oh-so-impressive tapered bottle and closed under traditional cork. Um, got a corkscrew?
- Naked's big Barossa beauty is back! Rated a whopping 93% or above every vintage, this stunner was crafted with grapes from exceptional low-yielding old vines with proven nutrient rich grapes a-plenty. You'll be taken to planet YUM with each sip. Just think - layers of blackcurrants, cinnamon and mocha, spice. The palate is tight, rich and round - the perfect winter warmer!
- This wine is truly Naked in every sense. It was lovingly produced by our masterful South Australian Red specialist Adam Barton, who now has freedom and room for creativity in his winery like never before thanks to your Angel backing.
- Firm tannins give the wine great texture, mouthfeel and persistence of flavour. Thousands of Angels will be falling over themselves after loving this last vintage, so you can be sure you're on to a winner.
- The Queensland boys are back! After a sellout last year, they deliver their next vintage of their luscious Tempranillo. Beyond the hand-dipped wax seal, this incredible red is all about pure, fresh red and black fruits.
- The cool climate characteristics make it juicy and moreish, especially with it's layers of French and American oak and soft, velvety tannins. A little lighter and brighter than some Australian Tempranillos, this is a classic example of the style that is made and drunk all over Spain. All this exotic deliciousness can wing to your Angel door for under $19!
- This wine is sourced from Glen and Andrew's own organically managed vineyards as well as a neighbouring vineyard just up the road in the cool climate hills of Ballandean. A true Queensland dream made in tiny quantities, don't miss your share - pop it in your basket today!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Caroline Dunn is Aussie wine royalty and her small batch of Barossa red deliciousness returns! Mataro is one of Barossa valley’s most beguiling varieties and her fresh winemaking approach lets the fruit speak for itself.
This Mataro is an expressive, graceful and captivating wine. Complex dark purple fruits, savoury notes, exotic spices and hints of violet florals on the nose follow through to a sleek, supple and lively palate. It is medium-bodied, with plenty of soft, generous flavour and long, silky satiny tannins.
This bright, modern Barossa Valley red features plenty of fruit and a smooth, supple palate on release and will develop further complex layers over time. With premium fruit selected from dress circle vineyards in Stonewell and Light Pass - it’s got a stunning pedigree!
- Angels, Adrian & Rebecca have delivered a dreamy drop with a whole lotta attitude. Deep brooding flavours of bramble and dark spicy fruit are teamed with balanced oak, earthy notes and strong tannins.
- Certainly one to decant, this wine has a long life ahead of it! Give it time, slow the pace and kick your feet up while it breathes. Perfect to serve with hearty meals or good quality cheese.
- Durif is a hybrid variety that originates in France, although it is not grown there so much these days. It is now grown extensively throughout Australia and the California - it loves a warm climate. Durif produces small berries with thick skins, so creates quite bold, deep colored and tannic wines.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Brian’s brand new fresh modern style Margaret River Tempranillo has hit the virtual shelves. Lively, aromatic with vibrant purple red colours the spicy cherry briar aromas lead to expectations of bright succulent mouth watering flavours - and this delicious red delivers on all counts!
- Superb fruit-driven mouthfeel balanced by beautiful powdery tannins makes this a rare Margaret River expression of this variety.
- Made in tiny amounts, this is the perfect fresh, succulent spicy wine to go with friends and food and is a perfect reflection of Brian’s minimal interference style.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Hand-picked from gnarly old bush vines grown on the deep sandy soils of Vine Vale in the Barossa, Caroline has crafted a sensational fresh take on this regional hero variety.
Matured in seasoned spicy French oak for 12 months to soften and develop richness and complexity. Aromas of wild raspberry, white pepper and gentle spice all lead to flavours overflowing with juicy, sleek and lively fruit, all wrapped up with fine supple tannins.
Perfect with slow cooked lamb ragu or pasta with a rich homemade tomato sauce. Delicious!
- This treat from Kym showcases incredible dedication to an Angel-worthy, small batch stunner! Red wine lovers will delight in juicy Margaret River red berry layers, balanced with the dark, structured earthiness of the Tempranillo portion. All this is topped off with plum, mulberry and mild spice notes thanks to a stunning dose of aromatic Shiraz.
- The wine expresses it's unique make-up beautifully; the perfect blend of Tempranillo and Shiraz. Some whole bunches were left in the ferment to add lip-smacking texture, while resting for 16 months in oak ensured a nice line on the palate. Everything adds up to a crowd pleasing drop you'll keep coming back to!
- Part of this beautiful juice came from a Frankland vineyard within the immense Great Southern region, where the fruit was grown on meticulously managed, old style bush vines that involve hours of backbreaking labour..especially because the grapes were hand-picked!
- Rich red lovers, brace yourself! Black currant, fresh berry, bell pepper and chocolatey layers will all greet you with a lip smacking bang, followed by a deliciously long finish. Fine French oak has tied each element together seamlessly.
- It all must begin with sunning fruit, sourced from an incredible rocky vineyard in Willyabrup, Margaret River which brings out character in each vine. Nigel is a one man band, and his incredible attention to detail pays dividends in each shed born baby of an Evoi wine. The sense of place is undeniable in this drop, showing off the premium climatic conditions that Margaret is known for around the world.
- Nigel's previous vintage was snapped up off Naked shelves quickly last year, so jump in while this treasure is still around. This is for the lover's of Nigel's big flavour, grippy tannin combo!
Stuart Bourne’s small batch trial wines have returned! A forward thinking, innovative, ground breaking, experiment of small scale, emerging Mediterranean varietals from the beating heart of the Barossa.
Dark and brooding with delicious spicy aromas backed up by ripe dark fruits. Silky soft tannins with an incredible length of flavour. It just begs for great food and friends. Perfect with homemade pizza or any rich tomato and garlic based pasta sauce.
With only 4 barrels made this extremely rare Barossa gem is sure to fly off the Naked virtual shelves. Don’t miss out on your chance to discover this blockbuster!