Adam openly admits the secret to his wines are carefully selected vineyards, passionate grower partners and care and attention to detail in the winery.
This Merlot sourced from the Watervale sub-region of Clare Valley is a perfect example. Hints of tomato leaf, plum and tobacco flavours jump out of the glass.
Ten months in French oak has added complexity as it evolves beautifully in the bottle. This is a classic midweek pizza wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Jock Harvey is back at his blending best, bringing Shiraz to the fore and using a touch of Tempranillo and Grenache to round out the mouth feel of this completely moreish red!
- This classic McLaren Vale blend speaks of earthy tones and spice.It brings all the your favourite elements together seamlessly - an approachable, full bodied palate balanced with delectable layers of fruit.
- The last vintage of Jock's red blend rated a massive 93% buy-again from thousands of Angels, so dive in and see what the fuss is about!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- This deep, brooding character is just like the place it came from - the inspirational Engine Room! Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver to its Angel fans once again. The fruit quality was excellent with great balance and depth of colour of flavour.
- With an alluring crimson hue, the Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo is a beautiful wine full of delicate surprises. Scents of ripe cherries and dark plum abound, while hints of dusty sweet spice add interest and appeal.
- Ripe, juicy red fruits combine on the palate to create a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.
- Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
- A unique Australian blend of Piedmonte's 3 greatest red wine varieties, Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto. Oodles of charm, fruitiness and approachability with extra depth from the Barbera and a lick of tannin and structure from the Nebbiolo. Loads of bold fresh fruit and a nice bit of tannin to carry the flavours with just a hint of oak impact.
- It’s all about immediate appeal. Rosso is a red wine that you can drink on warmer days as well as on cosy winter nights. You’ll be able to crack this open as soon as it arrives at your door! Ready and drinkable from day one.
- Get ready for a Merlot from the young master Mobbs! This delightful parcel of red joy delivers in spades - classic flavours of plum, black cherries and a touch of oak influence will have you doing a happy dance especially for under $13 for Angels!
- The 2018 vintage was particularly outstanding for Merlot in the Central Ranges - warm ripening days and enough cool nights to ensure a scrumptious flavour structure was formed.
- This is definitely a red suited to the warmer months - plenty of fruit on the palate to keep you licking your lips, and with a softly finishing, light-medium mouth feel which ensures easy-drinking every time. Steve is on to a winner for Angels, so don't miss this little wonder, only made in small quantities!
- Get ready for extraordinary raspberry notes coupled with the classic grippy tannins of Sangiovese. This is a varietal that originated in Tuscany and is commonly used to create the region's world famous Chianti blend. In Australia it is fast gaining recognition as a brilliant food wine.
- Kevin sourced this wine from a single vineyard known for producing exquisite Sangiovese from the Padthaway, famous for it Italian varieties.
- The bottle will disappear fast once you've experienced each sip's long, savoury and elegant finish. Made in small quantities, smart Angels will secure their dose of this future Naked classic today before it's all drunk up!
- One of the quickest sellers on Naked's virtual shelves year in year out, this is a seriously sumptuous wine sure to please any red lover! It has a balanced medium weight, with a kick of pepper and spice to make it your ultimate food friendly red. The small percentage of Viognier is blended perfectly to add a perfumed lift.
- This creation just gets better every year as the Santolins prerfect their approach to the blend even more. One of their most recent vintages won Best Red Blend at the Victorian Wine Show, and Best Shiraz at the 2016 Winewise Championship - an invite only industry show. Talk about consistency!
- Filled with dark, brooding fruit and an elegant savoury backbone, the subtle sweet oak will keep you filling your glass again and again. All this is complemented by floral aromas and a savoury, earthy finish. Be sure to secure your parcel of red wine joy to prep for the upcoming winter nights. Grab a rug, snuggle by the fire & enjoy the fruits of your Angel dollars with this legendary Naked drop.
Wow! Red lovers will love this extremely rare variety from the Cabernet family. Originally grown in its spiritual home of Bordeaux, most plantings are now in Chile, and only a handful are made in Australia.
You’ll be drawn into the impenetrably deep purple and violet hues, with aromas of red berries, cocoa and herbaceous flavours. It’ll go perfectly with your most delicious winter-warming hearty dishes. Yumm!
Once the word gets out, this rich gem from Adrian & Rebecca will fly from the Naked shelves. Don’t be the Angel that misses out on the chance of trying one of the very few Carmenere’s in Australia. You’ll be coming back for more!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Brian’s brand new fresh modern style Margaret River Tempranillo has hit the virtual shelves. Lively, aromatic with vibrant purple red colours the spicy cherry briar aromas lead to expectations of bright succulent mouth watering flavours - and this delicious red delivers on all counts!
- Superb fruit-driven mouthfeel balanced by beautiful powdery tannins makes this a rare Margaret River expression of this variety.
- Made in tiny amounts, this is the perfect fresh, succulent spicy wine to go with friends and food and is a perfect reflection of Brian’s minimal interference style.