- Westbound Cabernets is Ben Rector’s classic homage to the best wines coming out of Bordeaux, but with an Aussie twist! Let yourself go into a smooth, silky world where mellow Cabernet Sauvignon dances in perfect time with Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Aromas of tobacco, capsicum and raspberry will draw you in to a herbaceous palate with a medium bodied mouth feel. Anything this tasty will be shared around in the blink of an eye!
- A little bit of trivia? Cabernet Franc is not a blended wine itself - it is a single grape varietal, and historically one of the major players from Bordeaux, France. One day many years ago, Cab Franc met a single white grape by the name of Sauvignon Blanc, and after some viticultural brilliance, they gave birth to the one and only Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Pemberton is located way down south in W.A. It has already established a reputation for being one of the most exciting emerging wine regions. The climate is cool and the soils are rich red and fertile - perfect for growing incredibly flavour-filled grapes. Without the rest of the world glaring down on it with weighty expectation, Pemberton is able to deliver absolutely cracking wines at extraordinary value!
WE'RE NOT SURE
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.
- Cathy and Neil Howard’s Boots & All Shiraz returns with a bang! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Shiraz from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off. A small amount of premium grapes from the Frankland River region adds another dimension of complexity and flavour to the wine.
- Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 11 months this luscious Shiraz is silky-soft and super generous on the palate. Aromas of blueberries, plums and raspberries are beautifully balanced by smooth as silk tannins all with the oh-so-generous flavour complexity of ripe dark berries. A perfect wine to match with a range of dishes.
- You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Shiraz. After your first glass you will be reaching for more as the flavours evolve. A Shiraz that shows sensational colour, soft tannins, balanced with great length and great cellaring potential... your patience will be rewarded if you stash a couple of bottles away!
Tash made this wine to be extremely expressive of the fruit in the vineyard. It gives the drinker a fresh experience that shows an excellent blend of three varieties (Shiraz, Grenache and Cabernet) indigenous to Franceto give Angels three times the flavour.
The French Kiss comes from older vines - between 20 and 30 years of age - in the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley. Older vines produce more concentration of fruit flavour but less volume of fruit and therefore less volume of wine. The French Kiss is unique in that it can offer the angels an old vine experience - at a great price.
Incredible flavour concentration. Overflowing with characters of fresh fruit, plums and raspberries, this oh-sooo-vibrant red is crying out for wood fired pizza with prosciutto or fresh basil pesto pasta. A fresh style to drink young while it’s full of red fruits and yumminess!
Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s 100% Langhorne Creek Shiraz Cab Malbec returns and has been blended to perfection. Showing a brightness and brooding complexity this wine displays a lovely elegance and generous mouthfeel - perfect for the cooler months.
From the first pour you’ll be mesmerised by deep red purple hues, delightful aromas of plums, blueberries and black olives and beautifully soft, velvety tannins.
Geoff has done everything to let the fruit shine: from harvesting in the cool of the night, maturing in American and French oak and then expertly blended to create this beautifully balanced wine.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Back by popular demand, this favourite blend of robust Cab and juicy Merlot gives more and more each year! With growing Angel support and room for experimentation, the favourable 2018 vintage conditions gave another huge opportunity for some winemaking wonder to unfold!
- With a medium bodied palate of fresh berries, subtle choc-mint and spice, you'll be filling a second glass quickly to make sure others don't get to the bottle first! It has an attractive deep red colour, enticing aromas and soft tannins, all adding up to a crowd pleasing dry wine perfect for any casual occasion.
- Anna & Derek pride themselves on representing nature's most outstanding capabilities through their winemaking. As this drop develops in your glass, each sip will be a new expression of the Limestone Coast's finest local fruit parcels. The whole experience punches well above it's incredibly low price point!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!