WE'RE NOT SURE
Top Margaret River and Ferguson Valley vineyards gave up some of their best fruit to bring regional characters to this vibrant red. The grapes were hand-picked to keep them in tip-top condition.
Paul added whole bunches to the fermenting wine to introduce greater complexity and silky tannins. He went to great efforts to lock in the light red cherry notes and softer aromatics without too much tannin.
Open a bottle and treat your senses to the soft, juicy red and purple fruits with deliciously smooth tannins. You’ll find a generous, medium-bodied palate with a fresh cleansing finish. A delicious red wine that can be served chilled.
- Your perfect summer red is here! A fantastic crowd-pleaser, Adam has crafted his carefully selected blend of grapes into an approachable dry red, leaving plenty of scope for experimentation with fun food pairings.
- Your glass will be filled with a light crimson glow while you enjoy aromas of strawberry and plum. As for the medium bodied palate, prepare for layers of crisp red cherries and spice to tickle your tastebuds. The fruit layers in this wine are fresh and crunchy as opposed to lusciously ripe. For Angels, the Cellar Works Sangiovese is slightly lighter in style in comparison to the rest of Adam's range.
- Adam's extra love and creativity shines brightly through this wine. A bottle of this quality (and at this low price!) won't last long in the cellar of any regular entertainer, so why not stock up with a few before the boutique vintage runs dry!
- If you're after the perfect drop to enjoy on the occasion when a big red is too much to handle, look no further! As you crack open this gorgeous bottle, your nose will be met with enticing blueberry and blackberry aromas, some earthy overtones and a consistent sweet fruit layer.
A heretic blend predominantly of Nero d'avola sings of easy drinking silkiness. Lovely fruit flavours, light tannin structure, great zing, allows this wine to match with a myriad of your favourite foods.
Looking for a wine to drink in the hot Aussie summer months, this is your wine, throw it in the fridge 15 min before you want to drink it and boom....!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
- Westbound Cabernets is Ben Rector’s classic homage to the best wines coming out of Bordeaux, but with an Aussie twist! Let yourself go into a smooth, silky world where mellow Cabernet Sauvignon dances in perfect time with Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Aromas of tobacco, capsicum and raspberry will draw you in to a herbaceous palate with a medium bodied mouth feel. Anything this tasty will be shared around in the blink of an eye!
- A little bit of trivia? Cabernet Franc is not a blended wine itself - it is a single grape varietal, and historically one of the major players from Bordeaux, France. One day many years ago, Cab Franc met a single white grape by the name of Sauvignon Blanc, and after some viticultural brilliance, they gave birth to the one and only Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Pemberton is located way down south in W.A. It has already established a reputation for being one of the most exciting emerging wine regions. The climate is cool and the soils are rich red and fertile - perfect for growing incredibly flavour-filled grapes. Without the rest of the world glaring down on it with weighty expectation, Pemberton is able to deliver absolutely cracking wines at extraordinary value!
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
- Cathy and Neil Howard’s Boots & All Shiraz returns with a bang! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Shiraz from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off. A small amount of premium grapes from the Frankland River region adds another dimension of complexity and flavour to the wine.
- Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 11 months this luscious Shiraz is silky-soft and super generous on the palate. Aromas of blueberries, plums and raspberries are beautifully balanced by smooth as silk tannins all with the oh-so-generous flavour complexity of ripe dark berries. A perfect wine to match with a range of dishes.
- You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Shiraz. After your first glass you will be reaching for more as the flavours evolve. A Shiraz that shows sensational colour, soft tannins, balanced with great length and great cellaring potential... your patience will be rewarded if you stash a couple of bottles away!
Tash made this wine to be extremely expressive of the fruit in the vineyard. It gives the drinker a fresh experience that shows an excellent blend of three varieties (Shiraz, Grenache and Cabernet) indigenous to Franceto give Angels three times the flavour.
The French Kiss comes from older vines - between 20 and 30 years of age - in the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley. Older vines produce more concentration of fruit flavour but less volume of fruit and therefore less volume of wine. The French Kiss is unique in that it can offer the angels an old vine experience - at a great price.
Incredible flavour concentration. Overflowing with characters of fresh fruit, plums and raspberries, this oh-sooo-vibrant red is crying out for wood fired pizza with prosciutto or fresh basil pesto pasta. A fresh style to drink young while it’s full of red fruits and yumminess!