- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2018 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites Cabernet, Merlot and Shiraz. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot.
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $16 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
The last vintage of this Merlot scored a HUGE 95% rating and sold out before we could say Diamond! Jen has delivered a true beauty once again, hand crafted all the way from vineyard to winery with gentle TLC and time spent in the very best French Oak.
With no hint of the light style Merlot stereotype in sight, this iron fist in a velvet glove could be the one to convert Shiraz drinkers over to the joys of Merlot. Rich and juicy red berry and dark cherry fruit will greet your lips, extending to a lovely soft, plush palate of gentle spices and toasty oak. A long fine tannin structure gives power and strength to finish.
- This is a Merlot with muscle! Jen's Diamond range is her top tier. You'd be hard pressed to find another Merlot for $20 that can compete with the depth and fullness of flavour you'll discover in this bottle!
- Steve's Merlot is not the kind to be labelled with the old sweet, fruity stereotype - it is brimming with structure and complexity. It is a stunning hand-crafted example of what Orange is quickly becoming famous for!
- You'll be reaching for a re-fill in no time, with classic qualities of plum, cherry, tobacco and herbal notes. Bucket loads of TLC has ensured extra depth, super soft tannins, a balanced mouth feel and a mouth-watering a savory finish. All this for under $16 will leave your hip pocket happy too!
- The batch was tiny (read: it won't last!) and was all matured in French barrique and puncheon barrels. Understandably, Steve wanted only the best treatment for such premium fruit from an absolute cracking vintage. Each mouthful will demonstrate why everyone went nuts last time over this new world cool-climate reds!