WE'RE NOT SURE
The grapes came from a beautiful vineyard in the lower Wairau Valley in Marlborough, NZ, which is renowned for producing some of the world's most intense aromatic wines. The vineyard has finished a strict three-year organic accreditation process.
Strap yourself in... this Pinto Gris is about to launch you to your happy place! Lychee and Nashi pear play alongside floral hints…are you salivating yet? You’ll be swept away with juicy fruit flavours and a subtle spice that entices you back for more.
This wine was created on a foundation of quality fruit that was grown and harvested using organic principles. It's a stunning drop.
- The 2019/20 summer in the region was lovely & warm again and produced good sized crops of gorgeous quality. The grapes were sourced from separate North Canterbury vineyards and brought together to make this classy NZ Pinot Gris.
- The natural fruit sweetness is balanced with a perfect acidity that is such a hallmark of great cool-climate wines. You’ll be bowled over by the scent of nashi pear and lime leaf that mingles with hints of citrus and candied apple. Every refreshing mouthful is crisp, clean and long lasting.
- For the sixth year, Naked Angels are helping father and daughter winemaking team Nicky and Peter Parish continue their Dunnolly dream. And with wines of this quality, who can blame them!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Classic pear layers, apple and a touch of rose and nutmeg all contribute aromatic purity and intensity. The palate is fresh yet svelte and finishes with a rose petal flourish. This drop certainly has a hallmark of purity!
- Rod's latest Angel exclusive Pinot Gris is sourced from four distinct vineyard sites within the Hawke's Bay region which results in greater complexity. Both Rod and his top class growers enjoy an increasingly secure relationship having relied on each other for four years in a row, so Rod can restrict yields and delay picking to his preference. This professional trust is all thanks to the Naked model and ensures the end result is a perfectly ripe, yet relatively dry Pinot Gris.
- There is a lot of competition for Pinot Gris grapes among winemakers in Hawke's Bay, so volumes will always be limited. An absolute steal at under $14 for Angels, this flies off the Naked shelves every year so don't delay!
Granted their Winemaker's Fantasy in 2018, these Pinot Gris grapes were hand-picked from lovingly restored vines in Bill & Claudia’s new vineyard in the Marlborough region of NZ. Their own fruit for their own label!
The 2019 ripening season was near perfect. The gorgeous little bunches were hand-picked when in tip-top condition and were showered with care and attention as they made their thrilling transformation into wine.
This is a full-flavoured, crisp and dry Pinot Gris with that delicious pear and citrus flavour. Small batch white winemaking at its best and that means it won’t last long on the shelves!