- Affectionally known as the King of White wines, this is a Chardonnay that sings out flavour and complexity reflecting the Tasmanian eccentricity with which it was nurtured. With hundreds of reviews and huge ratings each vintage, this truly is the return of a Top Shelf Naked champion!
- Aromas of white peach, dried citrus and hints of elderflower will leap out of your glass, while the palate treats you to succulent Nashi pear. This develops into well rounded stone fruit layers...think white peach with a finish of subtle ruby red grapefruit.
- Cynthea and David pour their decades of incredible winemaking experience into each wine and deliver an incredible level of Tamar Valley quality each vintage. With Angel funding behind them, you can now access some of the world's most premium and pristinely sourced Chardonnay at incredibly accessible prices for you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
This stunning top shelf Chardonnay from the happening region of Tumbarumba will send you into a spin! Enticing aromas grapefruit and white nectarine bounce around your glass combined with hints of cashew nuts and toasty oak.
You'll enjoy crisp flavours of green apple, fig and honeydew melon all being driven by a fresh mineral acidity combined with a creamy texture and nutty oak characters. Perfectly balanced with an exceptionally long, complex finish. Only the finest oak barrels were used, delivering over-the-top quality in each sip.
Making the most of his world-class Burgundy vintage experience, Rob is undoubtedly most passionate about Chardonnay when it comes to his whites. So don't blink or you'll miss getting your hands on this premium small batch wine for under $19!
BTW, the 2017 vintage scored 95 Halliday points and a Gold Medal!
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their ultimate offering. These premium wines are hand crafted to capture the true essence of the Yarra Valley region. There's nothing old school about this Chardonnay - it is modern and fresh! It's certainly a classy drop for those looking to take their wine journey to the next level.
The Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay was hand picked from low yielding vines, naturally fermented in French oak and matured for a further 9 months. You’ll be awestruck by the hazelnut and grapefruit aromas and flavours all beautifully wrapped up and balanced by a hint of oak and melon. The gorgeous acidity gives this luxe wine an impressively long finish.
Best of all, the price is an unbelievable exclusive for Angels who want to treat themselves to premium Yarra Valley quality without forking out on an over inflated price tag.
Cool climate Chardonnay at its best! Fruit sourced from two of the oldest producing vineyards in Denmark W.A. including Paul’s very own Karriview. Get ready for an old school Chardonnay with new-century smarts!
50% handpicked, whole bunch pressed, 40% new French oak, wild ferment,100% MLF (Malolactic Fermentation) and matured in oak for 10 months. Yep, this wine has had the whole kid gloves and Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be amazed by the wild spectrum of flavours on show: soft ripples of minerality, searing grapefruit and beautifully balanced by a silky lanolin backbone - yummm!
Limited to only 270 cases produced from decades old vines - this wine will fly! You’ll have to get your skates on to beat the thousands of other thirsty Angels.
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last vintage scored a whopping 94% buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
- Adrian and Rebecca have bottled up a brilliant dose of refreshing fruity flavour for you! This is delicious on your lips and light on your pocket, easy drinking guaranteed. It is a hit with fresh and barbequed seafood, lemon chicken skewers or summer salads.
- Refreshing and zippy, this light bodied wine is packed with bright flavours of citrus, passionfruit and tropical fruits...an Angel hit every vintage!
- The latest instalment is no exception, so get in on this incredible value winner today. It is also a scrumptious alternative for those who want to try something other than New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.