WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last 7 vintages scored a whopping 92% or higher buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams' first-up, single vineyard Pinot Gris from the high Eden Valley in the Barossa ranges offers pristine fruit flavours, a whisper of spicy complexity and yummy elegant crispness.
It is a beautifully styled Pinot Gris, with fragrant aromas of jasmine, poached pear and green rockmelon, leading to a succulent palate that is deliciously rounded and silky.
Get ready for a succulent Pinot Gris that is sooo drinkable you’ll be rushing back for more!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Blending Chardonnay (90%) and Viognier (10%) is a relatively new match in the world of wine but the outstanding climate in Marlborough means both varieties can ripen at the same time and produce this stunner!
Be prepared for a mouthfeel that is fresh and bright and so full of flavour. Aromas of fragrant white peach all the way through to apricot will dazzle!
Chardonnay aged 100% in French oak is hard to come by these days at this price. Chardonnay with Viognier is even more unique. And, Chardonnay and Viognier from the same vineyard is even rarer still. Just for you, Angels!
I flew over 8500kms to make this wine for you. Made on the back of my working in this country / region over 15 years ago as a flying winemaker. It was picked at 3-6am in the morning to preserve the lovely delicate aromatics.
This old vine Chenin Blanc is grown on the ancient granitic slopes in the Slanghoek Valley. The nose reflects layers of orchard fruit with green apple, citrus pith and wild fynbos herbs (A native plant species in the Western Cape).
The concentrated expansion of fruit across the palate is explosive and wild. Poised and precise acidity layering with earthy minerality, lime zest and quince. A touch of residual sugar underpins a rich and glorious depth of flavours of stone fruit, ripe citrus and red skinned apples.
- Adam Barton brings Angels another instalment of his downright scrumptious Chardonnay from high in the Adelaide Hills. The region's cool climate means this wine is refined and elegant, showing off crunchy apple, pear, citrus and white peach aromas.
- Adam dances to is own winemaking beat and wanted to give this Chardonnay a modern twist. Each sip is refreshing, with crisp acidity on the palate to balance out the subtle creamy touch from the wine's time in barrel fermentation and maturation on lees.
- Rabbit & Spaghetti speaks to the traditions of friendship over shared meals between grape growers and captured Italian prisoners in the Adelaide region that have long outlasted WWII. Carry on embracing new friendships and old over a bottle of Adam's outstanding wine!
- Dive on in to a world where fresh, easy drinking white wine reigns supreme! Honeysuckle and exotic spice aromas will draw you in, leading to a flavour packed palate of pear, grapefruit and a hint of wild honey. Grounded Cru is Geoff Thompson's new era project following on from Lodestar Wines, opening up more possibilities to create unique and exclusive wines for Angels.
- This Pinot Gris has a juicy palate, elegantly balanced with a delightfully fresh and long lasting finish. A truly versatile food wine, Geoff's Pinot Gris will be a great match to many family favourite Spring and Summer dishes. His masterful blending of top quality SA grape parcels has resulted in yet another scrumptious treat to fill your glass with.
- Both your taste buds and your wallet will be in heaven with this white gem. At under $11 for Angels and scoring a massive 91% buy-again rating from thousands of other drinkers like yourself last vintage, it's an undeniable case-filling winner!
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
- Adam's live-in-the-moment White wine is back! This year's installment is made from Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewürztraminer, all growing next to each other and harvested at the same time, just the same as the original winemakers did.
- Co-fermenting the grapes has produced am aromatic, spicy and textural wine that will take you to your happy place!
- WWII Italian prisoners of war created history as they arrived in South Australia's serene wine regions and spread their incredible culture, including dishes of Rabbit & Spaghetti. The coming together of these cultures makes you think, just as the rustic union of these White grapes will. Cheers!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Classic pear layers, apple and a touch of rose and nutmeg all contribute aromatic purity and intensity. The palate is fresh yet svelte and finishes with a rose petal flourish. This drop certainly has a hallmark of purity!
- Rod's latest Angel exclusive Pinot Gris is sourced from four distinct vineyard sites within the Hawke's Bay region which results in greater complexity. Both Rod and his top class growers enjoy an increasingly secure relationship having relied on each other for four years in a row, so Rod can restrict yields and delay picking to his preference. This professional trust is all thanks to the Naked model and ensures the end result is a perfectly ripe, yet relatively dry Pinot Gris.
- There is a lot of competition for Pinot Gris grapes among winemakers in Hawke's Bay, so volumes will always be limited. An absolute steal at under $14 for Angels, this flies off the Naked shelves every year so don't delay!