Our Kiwi superstar Nicky Parish has elevated this wine to the next level! The bold choice of increasing both the new-oak and malolactic fermentation influence has brought even greater luxury to her signature drop.
Aromas of citrus and white nectarine will jump out of your glass ably matched by a gorgeous hint of toasty French oak. Textures and layers of flavours have come from time on yeast lees and the delicious finish goes on forever - it’s both balanced and bursting with liveliness.
This is a naturally low cropping vineyard managed by Nicky's father to the highest level, which is all the more reason to hop on board while the vintage is in stock! With quality you can taste from oodles of TLC in the grape growing and winemaking process. Get in quick.
- Pouring their heart and soul into the demands of each vintage, John and Dan harvested this Chardonnay in two parcels. The early harvest was fermented in stainless steel on lees and the later, riper parcel in 100% French oak.
- One sip of this incredible wine will leave you with no doubt - the boys have well and truly nailed their goal of producing only premium Chardonnay. A creamy nuttiness on the nose is combined with ripe melons, peaches and a zesty waft of flint.
- The palate finely integrates caramelised stone fruits and almondy oak with just the right amount of tingly alcohol to deliver a finish that satisfies on every level! This dreamy drop simply will not last...get in quick!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- White wine lovers are in for a tantalising experience with Fuzzy & May Chardonnay. The gorgeous oaky notes of this wine are framed in a medium palate with a long, persistent finish.
- Bright gold in the glass, you won't be able to resist the aromas of white stone fruits, white nectarines and white peach. The palate is lively with a lovely integrated fruit and oak balance. Layers of rockmelon and honey blossom are followed by a smooth layer of vanilla oak - quite simply a party for your tastebuds!
- Angel backing has unlocked new potential for Damien and Jodie. They've been able to source the best quality fruit for this Chardonnay and apply their personal flair at every step of the winemaking process. Under $14 for a Hunter Chardonnay of this quality is unreal.
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will doubtless tempt you back for more!
- Thomas has crafted a seriously delicious drop for Angels to enjoy! Get ready to bask in an elegantly long palate with hints of white peach and spice.
- The creamy and buttery texture gives an amazing mouth feel alongside beautifully integrated oak flavours, leading to a finish of spice and salted cashews. This wine comes from the upper Hunter, an area known for producing cracking Chardonnays.
- Whole pressed to maximise texture before time in a blend of one and two year old French oak giving amazing structure and balance. Go on, enjoy the return on your Angel investment by supporting one of your local Hunter legends!
- Adelaide Hills is a fantastic region for Chardonnay in Australia. Glenn took full advantage of pristine hand-picked grapes from a superb year to craft this stunning modern wine.
- Contact with the grapes skins during the winemaking process has given this wine a rich yellow colour and buckets of fruit flavour. But you won't find any of the heavy 'oaky' charatcers of old.
- A quick will swirl will reveal all its secrets — the smell of lemon curd and freshly squeezed limes, and something like almonds, or is it vanilla? You decide. If you like Chardonnay from Margaret River or the Adelaide Hills with flavour and brightness, this is for you!
It’s hard to find great Tasmanian wines by little family winemakers like these outside of cellar doors and fancy restaurants.
Every winemaker will tell you the true flavour of a wine begins in the vineyard. Bloody oath! Tassie has some of the best cool-climate ones around.
Pour a glass and set free the scent of white flowers and peach and nectarine flavours. Savour the moment the taste transforms into pear and melon and ends with a zesty flourish as it goes down. There’s a hint of vanilla in there too from its time in French oak barrels.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Gus was born and raised in Mount Gambier, South Australia's coolest maritime wine region. The unique combination of warm windy summers, cold nights and rich, fertile soil here is just the ticket for this delicious wine.
- This is a rich, lip-smacking Chardy showing off ripe citrus and roasted nuts in every mouthful. You might pick out something that reminds you of nougat from the 11 months it's been kept in French oak.
- Here's your chance to try a high quality wine from a new region and share your discovery with your friends!
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s Tassie Chardonnay is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range with the vineyard tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allowed the rich flavours in this crisp white to develop with brilliant natural acidity!
Hand picked and handcrafted, you’ll detect delicate fruit characters of green apple with a hint of peach, honey and citrus fruit shining through.
The last two vintages of this cool-climate drop were a sell out. With only tiny quantities of this premium wine in existence, it won’t be around for long!
Cool climate Chardonnay at its best! Fruit sourced from two of the oldest producing vineyards in Denmark W.A. including Paul’s very own Karriview. Get ready for an old school Chardonnay with new-century smarts!
50% handpicked, whole bunch pressed, 40% new French oak, wild ferment,100% MLF (Malolactic Fermentation) and matured in oak for 10 months. Yep, this wine has had the whole kid gloves and Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be amazed by the wild spectrum of flavours on show: soft ripples of minerality, searing grapefruit and beautifully balanced by a silky lanolin backbone - yummm!
Limited to only 270 cases produced from decades old vines - this wine will fly! You’ll have to get your skates on to beat the thousands of other thirsty Angels.