- Adelaide Hills is a fantastic region for Chardonnay in Australia. Glenn took full advantage of pristine hand-picked grapes from a superb year to craft this stunning modern wine.
- Contact with the grapes skins during the winemaking process has given this wine a rich yellow colour and buckets of fruit flavour. But you won't find any of the heavy 'oaky' charatcers of old.
- A quick will swirl will reveal all its secrets — the smell of lemon curd and freshly squeezed limes, and something like almonds, or is it vanilla? You decide. If you like Chardonnay from Margaret River or the Adelaide Hills with flavour and brightness, this is for you!
- Pouring their heart and soul into the demands of each vintage, John and Dan harvested this Chardonnay in two parcels. The early harvest was fermented in stainless steel on lees and the later, riper parcel in 100% French oak.
- One sip of this incredible wine will leave you with no doubt - the boys have well and truly nailed their goal of producing only premium Chardonnay. A creamy nuttiness on the nose is combined with ripe melons, peaches and a zesty waft of flint.
- The palate finely integrates caramelised stone fruits and almondy oak with just the right amount of tingly alcohol to deliver a finish that satisfies on every level! This dreamy drop simply will not last...get in quick!
It’s hard to find great Tasmanian wines by little family winemakers like these outside of cellar doors and fancy restaurants.
Every winemaker will tell you the true flavour of a wine begins in the vineyard. Bloody oath! Tassie has some of the best cool-climate ones around.
Pour a glass and set free the scent of white flowers and peach and nectarine flavours. Savour the moment the taste transforms into pear and melon and ends with a zesty flourish as it goes down. There’s a hint of vanilla in there too from its time in French oak barrels.
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s Tassie Chardonnay is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range with the vineyard tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allowed the rich flavours in this crisp white to develop with brilliant natural acidity!
Hand picked and handcrafted, you’ll detect delicate fruit characters of green apple with a hint of peach, honey and citrus fruit shining through.
The last two vintages of this cool-climate drop were a sell out. With only tiny quantities of this premium wine in existence, it won’t be around for long!
Cool climate Chardonnay at its best! Fruit sourced from two of the oldest producing vineyards in Denmark W.A. including Paul’s very own Karriview. Get ready for an old school Chardonnay with new-century smarts!
50% handpicked, whole bunch pressed, 40% new French oak, wild ferment,100% MLF (Malolactic Fermentation) and matured in oak for 10 months. Yep, this wine has had the whole kid gloves and Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be amazed by the wild spectrum of flavours on show: soft ripples of minerality, searing grapefruit and beautifully balanced by a silky lanolin backbone - yummm!
Limited to only 270 cases produced from decades old vines - this wine will fly! You’ll have to get your skates on to beat the thousands of other thirsty Angels.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Karriview Vineyard is the oldest producing vineyard in Denmark, W.A. and its consistent quality has been likened to some of the finest vineyards in Burgundy, France.
- Handpicked, whole berry pressed, 100% new French oak, wild fermented and left on lees for 8 months - the absolute Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be awestruck by the sheer portfolio of flavours and flinty aromas on show: rich stone fruit characters are beautifully balanced by a racy mineral finish - yummm!
- Only 50 cases of this Gold Medal-winning stunner are available and is a true reflection of its truly unique, world-class home! An iconic wine from an iconic vineyard!
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their ultimate offering. These premium wines are hand crafted to capture the true essence of the Yarra Valley region. There's nothing old school about this Chardonnay - it's modern and fresh! A classy drop for those looking to take their wine journey to the next level.
The Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay was hand picked from low yielding vines, naturally fermented in French oak and matured for 10 months on lees. This elegant wine is seductively complex with fresh zingy citrus flavours and a hint of hazelnut. The gorgeous acidity gives an impressively long finish.
Best of all, the price is phenomenally good for Angels who want to treat themselves to premium Yarra Valley quality without forking out for an over inflated price tag.
You’re going to love Drew’s pristine fruit-driven Chardonnay from the beautiful cool-climate region of Orange in the Central Ranges, NSW. This single-vineyard masterpiece is crafted from fruit grown on 20 year old vines - it’s sure to hit the spot!
Fermentation and maturation in a massive 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel gives it superb complexity (the average size barrel is around 300L). The subtle combining of fruit characters with maturation in this large format barrel has created a wine with a sensational difference - freshness, intensity, complex fruit profiles and a textural tension that is often difficult to capture! Yum!
You’ll be enchanted by the aromas of dark citrus and lemon, savoury notes and a touch of lit matchstick. This incredible Chardonnay was made in tiny amounts so don't miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is a Chardonnay in line with modern tastes - bright, enough oak to add layers yet elegant with an approachable structure. A Top Shelf treasure that scored a massive 90% buy-again rating from hundreds of Angels last vintage!
- It is made with love and detail by Brian himself, from premium parcels of Margaret River Chardonnay grapes that were specifically selected based on their location, rather than just selecting an overall sub-plot in a vineyard.
- Aromas of stone fruits will lead you to a palate that is as long as it is silky. Need we say it again - world class region right here! Considering Margaret River Chardonnay usually goes for $35+ per bottle, get in quick on this exclusive Angels!