- Jen's beloved Sangiovese is back better than ever! You'll be in for a treat with raspberry, red cherry and spice aromas dancing around your glass. Spending some time in matured oak, the palate is medium bodied, textured and smooth, with a long finish that leaves you wanting more!
- Originating in Tuscany, Sangiovese is the main varietal used in traditional Chianti blends. This is the perfect next step to the side of your standard Shiraz or Cab favourite and in to a world of reds that are up and coming on the Australian wine scene.
- With 94% of Angels who bought a bottle last vintage wanting to buy it again, you'd best get your hands on a few of these quickly. It's guaranteed to leave any red lover with a big smile on their dial, especially at under $10 for Angels!
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
The fruit for Kym’s stunning Malbec was sourced from a single vineyard known for its consistent quality in the idyllic Ferguson Valley, part of the mighty Geographe wine region south of Perth.
Fermented in large open vats to preserve the elegant fruit character, this plush, lush, ripe impenetrably dark malbec will have you licking your lips with lashings of mulberry, plum, violets and a hint of vanilla overtones.
Incredibly delicious now, but will age beautifully over the next 5 years.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Margaret River go hand in hand, and the whole wine world knows it! Renowned for its perfect growing conditions year in year out, there is little wonder that Stuart has hand-selected local grape sites for this show stopper. After the juice spent 24 months in French Oak to integrate the bolder notes, Stuart's labour of love has resulted in a dense drop that is perfect in every way.
- The depth and dimension of the wine's aromas suggest that this is something serious and long living. Your glass will fill with layers of red and blueberries, blackcurrants and a touch of nutty spice. Everything comes together like the sweetest choir you've ever heard!
- All this class has fantastic length and finishes with abundant fine grained tannins. In some ways the wine is brooding and introspective, and in other ways it's bursting with vibrance. Sophisticated and seductive now, it will only get better with age!
- Angels, back by popular demand, Brian's downright delicious Italian red returns! Sicily is the birthplace of the Nero d'Avola varietal, and this is exactly where Brian crafted his dream with the help of his trusted group of local winemaking pals. It was made organically, and perfectly balances tradition with easy-drinking new world expectations. In fact, there is no doubt that if you love Aussie Shiraz, you won't be able to get enough of this Sicilian blend.
- It is widely predicted that Nero d'Avola will be the next hero of Aussie reds, with vine plantings sky-rocketing here at home. This is no surprise with its scrumptious, lush, fruit-driven qualities and natural affinity for growing in the heat. It has fresh aromas of spicy fruit and dark cherry with a medium body and bright finish. Its medium alcohol level allows the flavours and aromas to pop out, rather than being overpowered. The juice has beautifully concentrated flavours, as Brian used both Nero d'Avola and Shiraz grapes from dry land vineyards in the west of Sicily where the island's most intense wines are produced.
- Get this in your basket while it's still around, especially if you're looking for a wine to nudge you just outside your usual cellar comfort zone! The approachable, dinner friendly style will be an instant hit with any red lover. Crafted authentically in southern Italy, there is no doubt this Angel exclusive punches well above its price point!
- Delicate currants, with earthy characters and undertones of berry and rhubarb delite the nose. Hints of light smoke, clove and light spice result from fermentation and oak maturation.
- Thomas pours his passion into crafting his own wines and championing NSW wines on the larger stage - and why not with access to such full-flavoured warm climate fruit, which he has used to craft this gorgeous Cab. It displays balanced acidity and a rich, smooth, fruity mid-palate.
- Mudgee's full-flavoured warm climate, has played a major role in the Australian Wine Industry and has gained huge notoriety among winemaking circles. Get in on this scrumptious red wine while it's still here!
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Geoff Thompson is a multi award-winning winemaking rockstar. He has been passionately crafting premium deliciousness for Angels since the very early days of the Naked Wines journey and is one of your most loved winemakers.
Get prepared for a truly phenomenal array of blackberry, plum, blueberry, spice, savoury and deliciously dark aromas and flavours. This is a highly intense wine with superb balance, elegance and length with tannins that are velvety soft. This Shiraz drinks like a $60-80 bottle!
Geoff suggests you grab a few bottles while you can (as it will sell out!) and tuck them away for a few years and see the magnificent rewards that cellaring will bring.
- Get ready for extraordinary raspberry notes coupled with the classic grippy tannins of Sangiovese. This is a varietal that originated in Tuscany and is commonly used to create the region's world famous Chianti blend. In Australia it is fast gaining recognition as a brilliant food wine.
- Kevin sourced this wine from a single vineyard known for producing exquisite Sangiovese from the Padthaway, famous for it Italian varieties.
- The bottle will disappear fast once you've experienced each sip's long, savoury and elegant finish. Made in small quantities, smart Angels will secure their dose of this future Naked classic today before it's all drunk up!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 520 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.