- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- 2018 was an outstanding year for reds in both the Riverina region and the cool climate region of the Hilltops. Rob has delivered a drop that exhibits textbook Shiraz complexity and intensity - a serious Shiraz, without the serious price tag.
- The cool Hilltops fruit component provides the elegant food friendly structure, along with aromas of dark cherry and pepper spice. The Riverina portion is responsible for the wine's rich core of fruit layers - think intense plum and red berries. Together with the subtleness of maturation in oak, the final product is soft and full-bodied with layers that will make your mouth water!
- Rob has made wine all around the world, and knows that Shiraz is truly the great Australian red! This wine was inspired by his family's vineyard, established by his late Grandfather, which is mostly full of gorgeous Shiraz.
Thanks to some new WA plantings this Merlot has a richer more distinct dark chocolate-like structure and flavour than your run of the mill Merlot.
The difference is in the quality of the fruit. Deep purple in colour and rich,fragrant aromas leap out of the glass. Medium bodied with silky fine tannins and the flavours just go on and on!
Absolutely cracking value and a bit of a rarity to see a merlot of this quality as a stand alone variety.
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Rob has worked his magic again, blending warm and cool climate grapes to deliver a downright moreish Red! The warm Riverina component is responsible for providing the wine’s intense blackcurrant and dark cherry layers. The cool Hilltops component provides the fine tannin structure and complexity, along with aromas of cedar spice and fresh mint. All up, you're in for a soft and full-bodied wine with balance and structure.
- With bright crimson with red hues, you'll be treated to aromas of blackcurrant and dark cherry with hints of wild berry, fresh mint and subtle spicy oak. Maturation in a mix of French and American oak added richness and complexity. Pairing this drop alongside a tasty meal will reward, as each sip will linger long on your palate and enhance your food's flavours. Enough to make your mouth water just thinking of it all…
- At under $12 for Angels only, a wine containing this much quality fruit is great value! A wonderful win for those with a flair for Red wine and red meat combos, and a win for all the Angels who made it possible. This is a serious Cabernet without the serious price tag so dive in today!
Paul selected the fruit from 2 different regions. Frankland River for its ability to produce world class shiraz and Ferguson Valley for its unique terroir and ability to produce excellent Mediterranean varietals.Combining together the magic ingredients of Naked backing, premium fruit and artistic flair to create this incredible treat for Angels - a delicious summer red option! Get ready for an incredible palate of concentrated berry flavours and a lasting finish.
- With it's hint of spice and medium body, this Shiraz Grenache blend is well known as a fantastic food wine. Get that BBQ menu plan sorted and you'll be in for the perfect combination!
- Packed with plush fruit flavours, Paul has kept tannins and oak influence in balance to ensure an easy drinking experience. This wine is perfect if you're looking for a flavoursome alternative to a straight Shiraz, and better yet it can wing it's way to your Angel door for under $15!
- Prepare your tastebuds - Liz's sell-out Merlot is back! With an irresistible nose of black berries, blackcurrents and touch of fresh mint, you'll be hard pressed not to dive in to your glass. The aromas continue on the carefully structured mid-palate, with a lingering finish that will make your food match sing even more.
- The Merlot was fermented with a typical Bordeaux style yeast strain to show off the full potential this gorgeous grape varietal. The malolactic ferment was managed with gentle pumpovers to maximize colour extraction while maintaining the juicy soft tannins and classic warming Merlot characters we all love so much.
- Ageing a wine of this quality in French oak has ensured another winning Merlot from Liz, which will no doubt put on a repeat performance after the last vintage flew out the door. It returned Angel praises to the tune of a huge 92% buy-again rating! Don't dilly-dally, pop this boutique-run winter treat in your basket today.
- This ripping Shiraz comes from 65 year old vines in beautiful Broke, where Andrew began the process of crafting a dry red wine balanced with fresh acidity and savoury complexity.
- Fine and fruit driven, the red berry flavours give a natural intensity to each delightful sip...you'll be re-filling your glass in no time! This wine is back by popular demand - thousands of Angels can't be wrong!
- This is a truly versatile wine, ready to delight your dinner party guests or just as easily bring in a quiet evening on the porch with a platter of nibbles. With wines of this region usually weighing in at above $30 per bottle, Andrew has truly outdone himself this year.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
Liz’s Signature Cabernet Sauvignon returns again after its 94% buy it again rating from Angel’s.
Impenetrably deep ruby in colour with intense cassis aromas and a touch of white pepper. You’ll be lovin’ this full bodied Cabernet with yummy toasty flavours and hints of black cherry and green olive, all wrapped up with a savoury spicy finish that goes on and on!.
An excellent single varietal wine from a premium Australian wine region loaded with complexity at a bargain price of under $15 for Angels!