- The latest vintage of Mike's Angel favourite is all-too scrumptious! Gorgeous Pinot Noir fruit from the world renowned Marlborough region has been the foundation of a totally drinkable delight with outstanding length of flavour.
- It is medium bodied with plush texture to compliment the layers of juicy plum and red cherry notes. Meandering tannins will have you reaching for a re-fill every time, as will the lovely rose petal aromas.
- Get ready to enjoy a fruit driven, supple and easy drinking wine. Made in tiny quantities, it will fly so get in quick! Guaranteed to impress with food or if enjoyed on it's own - why not share the Naked joy with this lighter red option over the warmer months?
- This wine was grown and harvested from one of Heathcote's most highly regarded vineyards. The yield was meticulously managed to maintain healthy vines and fruit development. Leighton has gone big, including a high proportion of whole berry fruit to create some eye-widening aromas and palate complexity.
- You'll be thinking "there it is again", as each sip takes you to and fro between fruit and a balanced acid line. Its ruby red colour pairs delightfully with juicy blackberry aromas, leading to a flavour party of plum, blueberries and blackberries. An essential support roll to the fruit core is a savoury, apple like acid presence and a slowly unfolding web of fruit tannin.
- If your traditional preference is for the bigger Cabernet and Shiraz styles, you're likely to love this! Jump on in to the alternative variety, and you'll be ahead of the curve as more and more Aussie vineyards are reaping the benefits of planting this hardy Southern Italian varietal. Typically, Nero d'Avola from this particular vineyard retails at $30 and above, so Angels have got an incredible exclusive at under $16!
If you like a young, light red, or a dry Rose, you really should try this unique little gem. It goes fabulously well with food (hello long lazy lunch!) and is lower in alcohol than your typical Aussie reds.
Inside the clear glass bottle lies a young, frisky red with the scent of a red berry tart, dusted with allspice. It’s so unlike other reds — crisp and refreshing, light, juicy and full of fun, with just the merest hint of tannin. Think Pinot Noir but lighter, more zippy.
Not only an exciting new wine, this is a clever example of a grower future-proofing his vineyard and collaborating with a top winemaker to weave cutting edge wine magic. Try it!
- Josh is a winemaker to watch with a tip top pedigree - you'll find the likes of Henschke on his resume. His wines are lauded by wine reviewers and wine-lovers alike.
- The grapes for this stunning blend were hand-picked from his family's beautiful organic and biodynamically managed Barossa vineyards. Careful basket-pressing and 6 months in old French oak barrels show you just how much love has gone into this wine! Each variety was kept separate until it was blended just prior to bottling.
- Josh says this was a textbook vintage! Sit back and enjoy fresh red fruit flavours like raspberry and rosehip from the Grenache, soft blueberry and herby notes from the Shiraz, and the savoury character of the Mataro. It's a new generation of Barossa reds!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Complexity with balance - this fruity red has it all! Hamish has packed pristine quality McLaren grapes into this beautifully crafted drop, giving it plenty of length of flavour.
- This clever blend carries the scent of delicious plump cherries and a sprinkling of herbs. Taste-wise, think layers of blackberry, plum and chocolate with a hint of leather and spices in the background.
- Wines of this region, blend and quality simply don't exist for under $20 at your local bottle shop, so it goes without saying this is a seriously smart buy.
- Angels couldn't get enough of last year's huge 93% rated Grenache, so it's back! This originally Spanish varietal has true finesse, and with Adam's TLC at every step of the winemaking process, he's put his own spin on this tantalising drop.
- The nose is perfumed with bright red fruits, while the crunchy medium bodied palate of ripe strawberries and sour cherries is balanced by savoury and textural nuances. Partial whole bunch fermentation brought about it's delicately complex layers.
- Angels have spoken and now it's here, a premium and unique Aussie Grenache at a delightfully diminished price. Jump in and get a little exotic..this red is the perfect pick me up after those afternoon siestas!
- Just as Jen is a legend of the Naked Wines story, her Rebel Shiraz is a leading light in her range of beautiful Victorian wines. It has been consistently heralded by Angels with buy-again ratings over 92% every vintage!
- Punching well above it's price point, the nose has plenty of ripe plum and berry fruit with hints of chocolate. The palate is full, rich and smooth, with lots of mid palate fruit and a long finish.
- This Shiraz is a blend of various vineyards so as to get a beautifully consistent wine. With all Jen's TLC at each step of the winemaking process, the overall balance of the wine is tough to resist with good length and tannin that rounds out the experience beautifully. It's definitely for lovers of rich, full bodied reds, especially at under $9!
- Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Its fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Luckily for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot, thanks to his 'ripper' technique that boosts the soil quality.
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop has the scent of cherry, red berry and a touch of something earthy. A hint of spicey flavours do wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly.
- It's juicy, smooth and easy-drinking. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly. Enjoy!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Any red lover would be mad to miss this experience! Not for the faint hearted, Hamish has crafted this wine to be fresh, ripe and delicious.
- The scent of red berry and cherry hits you first. Then the ripe dark berry flavours kick in. At the back, there’s a sense of earthy spice, a tiny lick of aniseed and delightfully soft tannins round it out.
- It’s a ruby red delight for the senses, so be sure to stock up. With its stunning value for money and glowing character, why not take it for a spin?
- Preservative free wine is wine that does not contain any added sulphur dioxide, which is the preservative normally used - so you won’t see any reference to ‘sulphites’ or ‘preservative 220’ on the back of Jock’s preservative free Shiraz.
- Get ready for a typically intense-flavoured McLaren Vale Shiraz - upfront fresh jubey dark berry fruits mingle seamlessly with a whisper of spicy oak and a beautiful looong finish.
- This delicious shiraz is just so damn gluggable and also perfect when ever-so-slightly chilled and matched with a rich seafood marinara pasta - and loads of crusty bread to mop up the plate!