- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
- Good things come to those who wait, and the wait is over! It is back by popular demand... and we just couldn't get this 96% rated stunner back quick enough. Of course, it's Angels who get priority access to the final release of her outstanding Clare Valley Shiraz.
- With elegance and finesse, this wine drips with quality. The single-vineyard 30 year old vines are located in Penwortham, at the centre of the world renowned Clare Valley. Having been matured in American oak barrels, it's a wine that has aged wonderfully and become more complex and concentrated.
- Your glass will show beautifully deep crimson colours with a vibrant red hue. The fresh boysenberry aromas are complimented by chocolate, white pepper and spice. Shiraz lovers will delighted with the palate; dominated by red berry flavours, pepper and spice. Medium bodied with a long and persistent finish, this is a top class Shiraz without the top class price. Another win for the Angels who made it possible!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 520 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
- Get ready for a full bodied and ripe red wine with some grippy tannins typical of Cabernet. An impressive drop that is well balanced, you'll have envious friends wanting to try a glass!
- This wine is quite intensely perfumed and for Sam, big flavour is an indicator of high quality.
- Think Blackcurrant with some menthol and eucalyptus notes. Chocolaty oak is also evident on the nose. This wine is quite simply moreish!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Geoff Thompson is a multi award-winning winemaking rockstar. He has been passionately crafting premium deliciousness for Angels since the very early days of the Naked Wines journey and is one of your most loved winemakers.
Get prepared for a truly phenomenal array of blackberry, plum, blueberry, spice, savoury and deliciously dark aromas and flavours. This is a highly intense wine with superb balance, elegance and length with tannins that are velvety soft. This Shiraz drinks like a $60-80 bottle!
Geoff suggests you grab a few bottles while you can (as it will sell out!) and tuck them away for a few years and see the magnificent rewards that cellaring will bring.
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s incredible GSM has structure and length, and is just so damn ‘slurpy’!
Sourced from rare gnarly old Barossa vines up to 100+ years of age the Grenache component drives everything with lifted aromas of strawberry fruits all wrapped up with spicy dark plum characters from the Shiraz and Mataro.
Try and find a wine with this pedigree in all those supermarket stores and you'll be paying anywhere up to 5 times as much - yep!
- The fruit comes from the Gentle Annie Vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. The vines struggle in this relatively dry site, producing a low yielding crop of very small berries. The small berries mean there is a high proportion of skins compared to juice, and because most of the flavour and colour comes from the skins, this gives us really intense colour and flavour!
- This full bodied wine has a very deep colour, intense blackcurrant cordial aromatics, a splash of tomato bush in the background and also a sweet spice character from the oak.
- The wine spends 14 months in oak, mainly French and American, but two hogsheads of Hungarian oak, give a real punch of sweet spice. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour and mouth coating fine grained tannins.
Grapes were sourced from the acclaimed Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa. Caroline’s fresh, uncomplicated approach to winemaking allows the fruit to speak for itself.
The wine was matured in seasoned French oak for 18 months to promote a soft, silky texture and subtle complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Bright, fragrant aromas of blood-plum, mulberry, blueberry and blackberry, with hints of star anise, savoury spice and red licorice.
A uniquely Australian red with a distinctive, evocative style. This iconic Barossa variety is given a graceful, modern twist. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with a juicy rib-eye steak with crispy leeks and potatoes or barbecued lamb ribs with chilli-plum sauce!
The return of this wine to the Naked Shelves is s.p.e.c.i.a.l. It took 10 long hard years in the game for Nigel to be able to bring us this exclusive Blackwood Valley red. It doesn't get much better than a tantalising, rich, pour-me-more Shiraz. Fermented in small batches and plunged by hand, Nigel has delivered a super-plush wine.
Nigel has captured the essence of the Blackwood Valley, located in the stunning South West of Western Australia. Cool nights and warm days consistently produce grapes with incredible intensity. Nigel has been making wine since 1994 and loves everything about it - the passion, the physicality, the science, the art and making a product that is enjoyed by people.
Get ready for hints of spice and all things nice. Cinnamon, black cherry and liquorice all topped off with a hint of American and French Oak. And, this year a touch of white pepper, too! A Top Shelf treasure that is sure to knock the socks off any red lover.