WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- With sky high ratings every vintage, this wine packs a voluptuous mouth feel and is guaranteed to fly off the shelves again. Made with fruit grown smack bang in the middle of the world renowned Margaret River, each sip will deliver a vibrant and spicy kick thanks to a master blend of two quality varietals.
- Shiraz and Grenache are perfect partners in crime. Get ready for some enticing aromas; think bright lifted plums, cherries, sage, spice and gentle herbal notes.
- The first drop will excite your taste buds with vibrant notes of sweet fruit complemented by complex earthy flavours. With balanced acidity, fine tannins and overall bang for your buck - this is simply a wine made in heaven, exclusively for the Angels who made it happen!
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.
This wine simply oozes class! From an outstanding vintage that delivered Hilltops fruit that can only be described as pristine. full of intensity, power, elegance and structure, it has it all... an iron fist in a velvet glove. You would be mad to miss this!
Showing deep vibrant red and purple colours, the wine has sensational aromas of dark plum and black cherry, with hints of a floral spiciness and white peppery toasty oak. Your taste buds will be dancing to the tune of juicy red fruits, pepper spice and oak all framed up with long soft silky tannins.
The Hilltops region has the perfect combination of warm days and cool nights to produce premium next-level Shiraz. Rob's Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of Paulazzo family grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter and number combinations to mark the best soil locations on the vineyards.
BTW, the incredible 2015 release of this wine scored 95 Halliday points.
This wine is the sublime Top Shelf Cabernet from young gun Rob Paulazzo, who has already racked up over 50,000 ratings from thousands of Angel fans. If you're not already shaking with excitement, keep in mind the gorgeous hand harvested Cab fruit of this wine comes directly from Hilltops, one of Australia's burgeoning cool-climate red wine regions. Why not get ahead of the curve?!
Aromas of blackberry, red current, black olive, subtle mint and toasty oak will have you reaching for another sip.
Gorgeously medium bodied, elegant, intense and supreme length of flavour. This can be all yours to savour! Nuances of juicy black fruits, dark chocolate and silky cassis add further complexity while you ponder a finish that is just sooo good. Pick that jaw off the floor! (unless of course, you're gawking at the Angel price under $19 because that really is quite exceptional).
BTW, the 2016 release of this wine scored 95 Halliday points!
- Liz's finely crafted treasures are back, better than ever! This deep crimson Shiraz started out as intensely flavoured grapes on low yielding Southern Fleurieu vines, harvested in the cool of the night.
- Intense aromas of wild berry, chocolate and baked spice and a hint of toasty vanillin oak all followed up by strong ripe plum and berry flavours with a sensationally long velvety tannin finish. Sooo much flavour in one bottle!
- Past vintages of this cracking Shiraz have all been quick to sell out, with rave reviews and a massive 92% buy-again rating from Angels. Getting your hands on this boutique SA Shiraz for under $15 is an Angel-only privilege...go on and enjoy!
Liz’s Signature Cabernet Sauvignon returns again after its 94% buy it again rating from Angel’s.
Impenetrably deep ruby in colour with intense cassis aromas and a touch of white pepper. You’ll be lovin’ this full bodied Cabernet with yummy toasty flavours and hints of black cherry and green olive, all wrapped up with a savoury spicy finish that goes on and on!.
An excellent single varietal wine from a premium Australian wine region loaded with complexity at a bargain price of under $15 for Angels!