You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2018.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stu’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, was sourced from a fifth generation family owned single-vineyard on the banks of the Para River, Barossa Valley.
This exquisite red was open fermented, basket pressed, aged in new and older French oak hogsheads for almost 2 years. The Four Men are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. Sensational bright dark blue and black fruits with rich firm tannins and gorgeous length of ripe flavour and a deliciously soft finish.
It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. It’ll hold its own against any top-end Aussie Cabernet - anywhere, anytime!
- With only 8 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
Stuey's oh-so-popular blend returns! It is simply bursting with plush fruity goodness! Get ready for a medium bodied drop, with a full and rich mid palate, fleshy fruits and a lingering finish. All individual batches of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro grapes were open fermented separately, basket pressed then matured separately in French and American oak hogsheads for almost a year. These four blokes treat grapes like gold, paying full respect to the grape growing families who produced the beautiful fruit.
Stylistically it is very typical of Barossa GSM blends - a very honest "wine of the village" where the emphasis is on approachable fruit layers and soft tannins. Guaranteed to provide a warm and inviting look at why the Barossa is so special. The only difference is just how sensational the value for your money is - many similar Barossa GSM blends ask a much higher price.
Under $15 Angel price for a hand made, artisanal scale wine, lovingly crafted barrel by barrel the old fashioned way, you've never seen anything quite like this before! By supporting Four Men and a Shed you are supporting a passionate group of farming families from the most recognised region in Australia, who nurture their vines all year round, generation after generation. Go on...find some friends, find some food then add GSM to help find the fun!
The legend that is Adam Barton has just released his first ever Cellar Works Shiraz. A blend of fruit from the premium SA regions of Langhorne Creek, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale it’s sure to impress red wine lovers!
Get yourself ready for lashings of juicy, rich black fruits, spice and and a touch of dark chocolate aromas. Flavours are full and round with beautifully soft tannins that add to the length and sheer persistence of flavour.
This is the perfect weeknight tipple that’ll pair sensationally with pizza, spaghetti, bangers and mash or even a yummy roast. Incredible bang-for-buck value at under $13 for Angels - this is sure to become a household staple.
Ever since launch day two years ago, Dolan & Dunn’s sublime red has sold out in a flash. Now, one of the most eagerly anticipated wines returns to the Naked shelves exclusively for Angels. You simply cannot get a more experienced or powerful Australian winemaking team than this. At all. Anywhere!
This elegant, robust, delicious wine has Barossa character and richness stamped all over it. Gear up for a plush, luscious palate with hints of loganberry, mulberry, blackberry and a touch of cherry and fennel-seed spiciness. Juicy fruit mingles with subtle oak driving to a finish that lasts and lasts… pick that chin up off the floor!
Under $19 for this deliciousness is an Angel-only privilege. Caroline and Nigel have over 60 years of brilliant Barossa winemaking experience between them and, extraordinarily, had never made a wine together...until NOW!
Sourced from just two single-blocks in the renowned Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa Valley, Red by Caroline Dunn Black Barossa Shiraz is next level outstanding!
Powerful, yet graceful this shiraz is overflowing with concentrated plump black brambly fruits, dark chocolatey and black spicey aromas, beautifully balanced with warm, stony, mineral hints and flavours that just go on and on and on…!
An iconic Barossa variety made by an iconic winemaker at an exceptional Angel-exclusive price. With just 800 cases in existence you’re going to have to get your skates on to avoid disappointment.
- Cheers to a new era for Naked SA Shiraz! This juicy, brooding number has been tried and tested by thousands of Angels over the years, each vintage delivering its own personality. The 2018 vintage delivered powerful berry layers and a persistent finish.
- Delivering quality from vineyard to your table is the driving passion for Geoff and his team. Transforming their Lodestar label into their re-energised Grounded Cru project has been spurred on by unprecedented opportunities and amazing Angel feedback since starting their Naked journey in 2013.
- If the history, flavour and moreish nature of this wine isn't enough to have you head over heels, the tiny Angel exclusive price will have you looking twice and stocking up. Enjoy every sip of this trusty little red, you've earned it!
- Get ready for a full bodied and ripe red wine with some grippy tannins typical of Cabernet. An impressive drop that is well balanced, you'll have envious friends wanting to try a glass!
- This wine is quite intensely perfumed and for Sam, big flavour is an indicator of high quality.
- Think Blackcurrant with some menthol and eucalyptus notes. Chocolaty oak is also evident on the nose. This wine is quite simply moreish!
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.