WE'RE NOT SURE
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from two of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of Denmark WA. Finished in a combination new and older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine silky tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $40 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
This is a true work of art from Rob Paulazzo. Get ready for some incredible raspberry and cherry plum aromas with hints of gorgeous cinnamon spice. This is a light to medium bodied Pinot with subtle influences of savoury spice on the finely structured palate, leading through to silky dark cherry notes with super supple tannins.
Pinot Noir is a fickle beast, it won't just grow anywhere...it needs the right climate, right soils and right location in order to show its true potential. Luckily, Angels have enabled Rob to access outstanding Pinot Noir vineyards in Tumbarumba, a region which ticks all these boxes and more! Rob's Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of Paulazzo family grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter and number combinations to mark the best soil locations on the vineyards.
Get in on this delicious Pinot Noir before it's gone & see why Rob has a huge soft spot for this varietal. It's dark and mysterious, yet with the right attention to detail and creative winemaking applied, it results in a special experience for any red lover. Using a mixture of new and old oak, and extended grape skin contact this Pinot has fantastic complexity and sensational length.
- Looking for something a little different in your Pinot? You've found it! The fruit used to create this wine comes from sites that are sloped to the river and ripen earlier than many other vineyards in the Tamar Valley. The climate conditions produced grapes with the perfect balance of acid, tannin and ripeness.
- All grapes were hand picked, and fermented naturally in open fermenters with no additions. The fruit was packed with variety of bunch size, flavour concentration and time of ripening. When it came to blending, Cynthea and David had a huge range of options. This is where their talent shines!
- A deep scarlet colour will fill your glass, with perfumed aromas of violets and cherries leaping out. The first sip is like devouring a cup of summer berries! Fresh, red, juicy and delicious. The palate opens up, with savoury and spicy notes and plush sweet fruit. It's medium bodied and beautiful from bottle to the bottom of your glass; certainly the kind of wine you want to have for a special occasion with great food and with great company. Get in quick to secure some of this small batch wonder for yourself!
Hand crafting this top of the line Pinot Noir was a labour of love for Adrian and Rebecca. Minimal intervention in the winemaking process has ensured this famously delicate grape variety truly expresses the pure essence of the Yarra Valley.
The fruit was hand picked from low yielding vines then destemmed into small pots, then partial whole bunch and wild yeast fermented. Matured for 9 months in barrel prior to being bottled.
This is one delicious Pinot! Raspberry and earthy aromas mingle seamlessly with sour cherry flavours balanced by silky tannins and a great textured mouthfeel. Delicate, yet all with long lingering flavours. This is the perfect Pinot for those looking to take their wine experience to the next level!
- Welcome to a world of vibrant, approachable and delicate Pinot Noir that you will never want to leave! Paul listened to Angel's and has changed the style of this vintage. You'll think ripe mulberry and dark fruits with some cooler red fruits. One glass isn't enough!
- The savoury notes and lighter mouth feel emulates Burgundian style of Pinot Noir, perfect for those looking to avoid the heavy, dominating reds. A lovely mineral acid line livens the palate and allows the berry flavours to dance their way to an lip smacking, slightly spicy finish.
- Paul loves to uphold his commitment to unique and individual winemaking every vintage, and this Pinot is no exception! Angels have got an opportunity to taste an incredible wine from quality aged vines in the Great Southern region for under $15. You'd be mad not to pop this in your basket!
- The 2018 vintage of this Top Shelf beauty demanded perfect timing, and Kevin's team have captured the premium fruit like lighting in a bottle. Their approach to making Pinot Noir is very simple; small batch, hands on, focusing on letting the fruit sing.
- This is a perfectly poised Pinot Noir; seductive and delicate yet humming with an inherent power. The wine will become entirely different after cellaring, as the primary fruit evolves into dense floral notes with leather and cigar in the background.
- Prepare for a dense and textural palate, preceded by wonderful ripe perfumes of framboise and violets. Perfect to share with friends over a meal, but if you're hard pressed to share this tasty drop then why not double it up in your basket, especially at this incredible Angel price!
Karriview Vineyard is the oldest producing vineyard in Denmark, W.A. and its consistent quality has been likened to some of the finest vineyards in Burgundy, France. Planted on North facing slopes the old vines produce exceptional Pinot fruit of optimum ripeness.
Handpicked, partial whole bunch fermented, pressed off to new French oak and left on lees for 8 months. Sensationally concentrated aromas and flavours - beautifully perfumed with spicy red fruits, succulent in texture and layers of intrigue over such a looong finish!
Only 100 cases of this extraordinary Pinot are available and follows on from last years release which was awarded one of the best Pinot’s of WA. An iconic wine from an iconic vineyard!
- Aiming for a brutish Pinot Noir with a feminine twist, Nicky and her incredible Waipara team have simply nailed it. Single vineyard quality Pinot delivered to your door for under $21 is almost unheard of!
- The purity of fruit is amazing, allowing this wine to sing in the glass. You'll smell delightful spice and ripe cherries as you pour each glass! Balanced layers of fresh plums, blueberry and cardamom will follow with the robust tannin structure that gives this wine body and a lot of soul.
- Do yourself a favour and enjoy all that's on offer from this Dunnolly Pinot, which is consistently loved by thousands of other Angels!