Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
Stu Pym’s single vineyard Swan Valley Grenache sourced from stunningly mature, established 40 and 80 year old vines at the foothills of the Darling Range will blow your mind! The immaculate fruit has produced a rare treat, especially for Angels like yourself.
Hand picked, then 80% crushed to small open fermenters, the remaining 20% added to the open fermenter as whole bunches. Plunged three times a day, the wine remained on the grape skins for a further 9 days to allow the tannins to soften. Then, transferred to old barrels and three terracotta amphorae remaining there for a further year prior to being bottled with no filtration.
Ripe,spicy red fruits dominate with a subtle underlying leathery note. The palate is full, textural and rich, retaining a beautiful suppleness. The tannins are brilliantly integrated so you sense a firmness to the wine. This is a gloriously flavoursome wine with body, texture and fantastic length of flavour. A wine from vines as old as this is such a rare treat. Perfect with roast rack of lamb and fresh seasonal vegetables.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Hand-picked from gnarly old bush vines grown on the deep sandy soils of Vine Vale in the Barossa, Caroline has crafted a sensational fresh take on this regional hero variety.
Matured in seasoned spicy French oak for 12 months to soften and develop richness and complexity. Aromas of wild raspberry, white pepper and gentle spice all lead to flavours overflowing with juicy, sleek and lively fruit, all wrapped up with fine supple tannins.
Perfect with slow cooked lamb ragu or pasta with a rich homemade tomato sauce. Delicious!
- Angels couldn't get enough of last year's huge 93% rated Grenache, so it's back! This originally Spanish varietal has true finesse, and with Adam's TLC at every step of the winemaking process, he's put his own spin on this tantalising drop.
- The nose is perfumed with bright red fruits, while the crunchy medium bodied palate of ripe strawberries and sour cherries is balanced by savoury and textural nuances. Partial whole bunch fermentation brought about it's delicately complex layers.
- Angels have spoken and now it's here, a premium and unique Aussie Grenache at a delightfully diminished price. Jump in and get a little exotic..this red is the perfect pick me up after those afternoon siestas!
Paul selected the fruit from 2 different regions. Frankland River for its ability to produce world class shiraz and Ferguson Valley for its unique terroir and ability to produce excellent Mediterranean varietals.Combining together the magic ingredients of Naked backing, premium fruit and artistic flair to create this incredible treat for Angels - a delicious summer red option! Get ready for an incredible palate of concentrated berry flavours and a lasting finish.
- With it's hint of spice and medium body, this Shiraz Grenache blend is well known as a fantastic food wine. Get that BBQ menu plan sorted and you'll be in for the perfect combination!
- Packed with plush fruit flavours, Paul has kept tannins and oak influence in balance to ensure an easy drinking experience. This wine is perfect if you're looking for a flavoursome alternative to a straight Shiraz, and better yet it can wing it's way to your Angel door for under $15!