This exceptional cool-climate Canberra Syrah had the perfect growing conditions: cool and mild lead up followed by a consistent ripening period. The fruit Rob had to play with was pristine: intense concentration of flavour and deep colour. This is sure to deliver you a silky mouthful, with intensity and length.
This Syrah will draw you in with its aromas of red cherry, plum and white pepper all backed up by hints of vanilla spice and toasty oak. Such beautiful intensity and length of flavour with silky fine tannins giving great structure.
Perfect for those colder months to come, and absolutely sensational with your next roast with all the trimmings!
BTW, the 2015 vintage scored 97% Buy Again!
WE'RE NOT SURE
WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- With sky high ratings every vintage, this wine packs a voluptuous mouth feel and is guaranteed to fly off the shelves again. Made with fruit grown smack bang in the middle of the world renowned Margaret River, each sip will deliver a vibrant and spicy kick thanks to a master blend of two quality varietals.
- Shiraz and Grenache are perfect partners in crime. Get ready for some enticing aromas; think bright lifted plums, cherries, sage, spice and gentle herbal notes.
- The first drop will excite your taste buds with vibrant notes of sweet fruit complemented by complex earthy flavours. With balanced acidity, fine tannins and overall bang for your buck - this is simply a wine made in heaven, exclusively for the Angels who made it happen!
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.