Sam’s The Victorian Shiraz was sourced from the sensational Gentle Annie Vineyard at Dookie, Victoria. That’s exactly the same vineyard that powers Sam’s super-premium Single Vineyard shiraz that’s worth $40 a bottle!
Picked over two weeks at the end of Feb and first week of March in 2018. The range in picking dates brings in a spectrum of flavours - the earlier fruit is more spicy, then, as the grapes gets riper more red fruits show through, and then, the very last ripest parcel adds a touch of dried fruit character to the wine. Together, these layers of flavour build a very high quality Shiraz.
Aromatic, with red fruits, spice, and a hint of a smokey note from the oak. Sam has balanced this wine to perfection, it’s fresh and full bodied. Oh and did we mention that Angels are getting this for an absolute steal at under $15!
- Angels, thousands of you sang out to the tune of a huge over 90% buy-again rating the last four vintages, so one of your faves is back! Luke has upheld his long term goal, only releasing this Top Shelf Cab once aged to perfection in French oak. The palate shows off layers of blackberry and liquorice spice with refined and smooth tannins. A guaranteed scrumptious winter warmer!
- The wine was hand crafted using pristine single vineyard grapes from 40 year-old Coonawarra vines. The region is hands down the number one region for Cabernet in the Southern Hemisphere. Take one sip of this liquid gold and you'll taste the dividends of Luke's extra years of investment in ageing.
- At under $20 for Angels, the value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious gem you'll be wanting to stock up on!
WE'RE NOT SURE
You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2017.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
From your first taste you’ll find lashings of raspberry and cherry aromas with a generous hint of toasty savoury oak and flavours driven by the darker fruits with the most beautiful structure and mouthfeel. Ah, yummm!
Ash has sourced this small-batch Shiraz from a traditional non-organic single vineyard in Upper Hunter called Merton Vineyard, 20 minutes away from the family vineyard.
Machine harvested in the cool of the night, crushed and de-stemmed, cold soaked to lock in colour and flavour and to slowly soak off tannins. Pressed to a stainless steel tank and left to settle before maturing in French oak barrels for 11 months to add texture and sweetness and then blended together before bottling.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stu’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, was sourced from a fifth generation family owned single-vineyard on the banks of the Para River, Barossa Valley.
This exquisite red was open fermented, basket pressed, aged in new and older French oak hogsheads for almost 2 years. The Four Men are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. Sensational bright dark blue and black fruits with rich firm tannins and gorgeous length of ripe flavour and a deliciously soft finish.
It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. It’ll hold its own against any top-end Aussie Cabernet - anywhere, anytime!
- With only 8 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
- Brian's passionate approach to the 2017 vintage has resulted in a Tempranillo that is bold and beautiful! Get ready to delve into a striking palate with a tonne flavour concentration and lingering persistence. You'll enjoy layers of dark bramble fruit, spice and vanillin oak.
- Angels have helped make this outstanding wine possible, and this is definitely a red for lovers of big wines. The lingering finish and substantial tannins will saturate your mouth and leave you thirsty for more! Tempranillo from Margaret River is a rare thing, and even among it's few peers, Brian's El Cid is the full monty style!
- Brian is a true champion of the Margaret River. He has let the world renowned conditions of the region work their magic on the early ripening Tempranillo varietal, then captured it's full potential like lightning in a bottle. If you're after that special bottle of red to treat yourself in your next case, you've found it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Hand picked in the beautiful upper Hunter Valley, Ash has gently guided superb Shiraz fruit towards its finest destiny. After maturing slowly in French oak, the wine has aromas of sweet toasty oak, dark fruits, plums and earthy notes. The palate is a treat of dark fruits, chocolate and textured savoury tannins.
Stop here if you're after organic, single vineyard, seriously small scale wine production. With only 129 case in existence, sadly, this will be the last harvest of Shiraz from his family vineyard. Get in now because once it's gone... it’s gone.
It delivers all you could want from a classic mid-weight, savoury, and slightly earthy Hunter Valley Shiraz. Delicious! Jump at this amazing Angel price today and stock up!
James Paul Marin’s Reserve McLaren Vale Shiraz comes from iconic 74-year-old McLaren Vale vines. The prized fruit is so good it’s fought over by the districts winemakers each year!
No expense has been spared nor any short cut taken in making this wine. James held back the very best Shiraz from 2017 and aged it for a further 12 months to create this Reserve label release.
This top shelf wonder is in the super league, and is an absolute bargain for Angel’s at under $20 a bottle!
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It's hard to beat treating yourself with a local red as you settle in for the evening. It's tougher yet to beat Ash's latest instalment of Shiraz Viognier - his treat for Angels straight from the Top Shelf! To top it all off, this single family vineyard stunner is certified organic.
- Each glass you pour will spill out aromas of lavender, oak spices and blueberries. The palate will send you into a spin with layers of sweet plums, raspberry and delightful savoury tannins to round it all out!
- Hand picked by Ash's team in the Upper Hunter Valley, he used whole berries and French Oak to maximise the potential of each gorgeous berry. Co-fermenting the Shiraz and Viognier varietals together integrated tannins and flavours as smoothly as possible. There was very limited production of this historically popular wine, so stock up today and then pop a couple in the cellar ready for winter!