- This treat from Kym showcases incredible dedication to an Angel-worthy, small batch stunner! Red wine lovers will delight in juicy Margaret River red berry layers, balanced with the dark, structured earthiness of the Tempranillo portion. All this is topped off with plum, mulberry and mild spice notes thanks to a stunning dose of aromatic Shiraz.
- The wine expresses it's unique make-up beautifully; the perfect blend of Tempranillo and Shiraz. Some whole bunches were left in the ferment to add lip-smacking texture, while resting for 16 months in oak ensured a nice line on the palate. Everything adds up to a crowd pleasing drop you'll keep coming back to!
- Part of this beautiful juice came from a Frankland vineyard within the immense Great Southern region, where the fruit was grown on meticulously managed, old style bush vines that involve hours of backbreaking labour..especially because the grapes were hand-picked!
Wow! Red lovers will love this extremely rare variety from the Cabernet family. Originally grown in its spiritual home of Bordeaux, most plantings are now in Chile, and only a handful are made in Australia.
You’ll be drawn into the impenetrably deep purple and violet hues, with aromas of red berries, cocoa and herbaceous flavours. It’ll go perfectly with your most delicious winter-warming hearty dishes. Yumm!
Once the word gets out, this rich gem from Adrian & Rebecca will fly from the Naked shelves. Don’t be the Angel that misses out on the chance of trying one of the very few Carmenere’s in Australia. You’ll be coming back for more!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Unmatched Barossa winemaker Daryl Groom has poured all of his 40 years experience in to this incredible 2018 vintage. Daryl used to make Grange... yep, the Grange... so he knows a thing or two about high-quality reds!
- The wine is a blend of Zinfandel and Shiraz grapes grown in the Kalimna area of the Barossa Valley, renowned for iconic wines around the world.
- Bursting with red fruit and spice with a touch of liquorice, each mouthful is medium bodied and beautifully structured with the addition of Shiraz. Gorgeous balance and great length brings this wine to life. Get it while it's hot and still in stock after huge 94% buy-again rating last vintage!
- Angels, thousands of you sang out to the tune of a huge over 90% buy-again rating the last four vintages, so one of your faves is back! Luke has upheld his long term goal, only releasing this Top Shelf Cab once aged to perfection in French oak. The palate shows off layers of blackberry and liquorice spice with refined and smooth tannins. A guaranteed scrumptious winter warmer!
- The wine was hand crafted using pristine single vineyard grapes from 40 year-old Coonawarra vines. The region is hands down the number one region for Cabernet in the Southern Hemisphere. Take one sip of this liquid gold and you'll taste the dividends of Luke's extra years of investment in ageing.
- At under $20 for Angels, the value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious gem you'll be wanting to stock up on!
The fruit for this wine was grown on the Forest Hut vineyard in the Pyrenees wine region of Victoria. An unirrigated vineyard growing small tiny berries packed with colour and flavour.
The Shiraz has an inky depth of colour and shows a lovely magenta red at the rim. The aroma is of dark cherries, chocolate and also a blackcurrant note. On the palate the wine is rich and has a plush 'slipperiness' to it. A great concentration of flavour, and loads of power and weight, but combined with a roundness which makes it a really enjoyable drink.
I'm always hesitant to publicly mention benchmark wines from this vineyard, but can I say that this is up there with some of the best Australian Shiraz, that would comfortably sit with wines over $60 per bottle.
Rob’s ‘new’ Petit Sirah is a rich and full-bodied varietal with incredible intensity and power... if you like BIG reds, this is definitely the wine for you! Petite Sirah is a wine with the potential to age extremely well due to its great tannin structure.
- You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
To get a premium single-vineyard red for under $14.00 Angel price is an absolute steal! Don't be that Anel that misses out.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Margaret River go hand in hand, and the whole wine world knows it! Renowned for its perfect growing conditions year in year out, there is little wonder that Stuart has hand-selected local grape sites for this show stopper. After the juice spent 24 months in French Oak to integrate the bolder notes, Stuart's labour of love has resulted in a dense drop that is perfect in every way.
- The depth and dimension of the wine's aromas suggest that this is something serious and long living. Your glass will fill with layers of red and blueberries, blackcurrants and a touch of nutty spice. Everything comes together like the sweetest choir you've ever heard!
- All this class has fantastic length and finishes with abundant fine grained tannins. In some ways the wine is brooding and introspective, and in other ways it's bursting with vibrance. Sophisticated and seductive now, it will only get better with age!
- Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
- A unique Australian blend of Piedmonte's 3 greatest red wine varieties, Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto. Oodles of charm, fruitiness and approachability with extra depth from the Barbera and a lick of tannin and structure from the Nebbiolo. Loads of bold fresh fruit and a nice bit of tannin to carry the flavours with just a hint of oak impact.
- It’s all about immediate appeal. Rosso is a red wine that you can drink on warmer days as well as on cosy winter nights. You’ll be able to crack this open as soon as it arrives at your door! Ready and drinkable from day one.
Stu Pym’s single vineyard Swan Valley Grenache sourced from stunningly mature, established 40 and 80 year old vines at the foothills of the Darling Range will blow your mind! The immaculate fruit has produced a rare treat, especially for Angels like yourself.
Hand picked, then 80% crushed to small open fermenters, the remaining 20% added to the open fermenter as whole bunches. Plunged three times a day, the wine remained on the grape skins for a further 9 days to allow the tannins to soften. Then, transferred to old barrels and three terracotta amphorae remaining there for a further year prior to being bottled with no filtration.
Ripe,spicy red fruits dominate with a subtle underlying leathery note. The palate is full, textural and rich, retaining a beautiful suppleness. The tannins are brilliantly integrated so you sense a firmness to the wine. This is a gloriously flavoursome wine with body, texture and fantastic length of flavour. A wine from vines as old as this is such a rare treat. Perfect with roast rack of lamb and fresh seasonal vegetables.
Jen's Diamond Cab Sauv received the Rolls Royce treatment every step of the way from vine to bottle. Made using only the best parcels of fruit, it was handcrafted in tiny batches and matured in the finest of French oak.
Truly a powerful wine, it is packed with upfront black berry fruits with hints of mint and dried herbs lingering on the long finish. Such a lovely texture on the palate with a great depth and dark berry flavours that'll have you coming back for more!
Last years release scored a massive 91% buy-again rating and sold out quickly! It's nigh impossible to find a wine of this quality for under $20 anywhere else, so why not make the most of your Angel backing and stock up on a couple of these Top Shelf treasures.