- Get ready for extraordinary raspberry notes coupled with the classic grippy tannins of Sangiovese. This is a varietal that originated in Tuscany and is commonly used to create the region's world famous Chianti blend. In Australia it is fast gaining recognition as a brilliant food wine.
- Kevin sourced this wine from a single vineyard known for producing exquisite Sangiovese from the Padthaway, famous for it Italian varieties.
- The bottle will disappear fast once you've experienced each sip's long, savoury and elegant finish. Made in small quantities, smart Angels will secure their dose of this future Naked classic today before it's all drunk up!
- Jen's beloved Sangiovese is back better than ever! You'll be in for a treat with raspberry, red cherry and spice aromas dancing around your glass. Spending some time in matured oak, the palate is medium bodied, textured and smooth, with a long finish that leaves you wanting more!
- Originating in Tuscany, Sangiovese is the main varietal used in traditional Chianti blends. This is the perfect next step to the side of your standard Shiraz or Cab favourite and in to a world of reds that are up and coming on the Australian wine scene.
- With 94% of Angels who bought a bottle last vintage wanting to buy it again, you'd best get your hands on a few of these quickly. It's guaranteed to leave any red lover with a big smile on their dial, especially at under $10 for Angels!
- For all the Merlot lovers out there, this is a must-try! It undoubtedly punches will above it's weight - thousands of Angels buying it year in year out can't be wrong.
- Liz has created a balanced palate that provides the structure for a medium bodied wine. Red berry and plum layers will dance around your tongue and leave any red lover smiling from ear to ear.
- This wine has the capacity to be cellared for a few years, but if you can't wait (like us!), it's perfect to enjoy now. It is delightful with most meat base meals or even on it's own. Lighter than big bold Shiraz or Cab, this is the perfect summer red!
- This treat from Kym showcases incredible dedication to an Angel-worthy, small batch stunner! Red wine lovers will delight in juicy Margaret River red berry layers, balanced with the dark, structured earthiness of the Tempranillo portion. All this is topped off with plum, mulberry and mild spice notes thanks to a stunning dose of aromatic Shiraz.
- The wine expresses it's unique make-up beautifully; the perfect blend of Tempranillo and Shiraz. Some whole bunches were left in the ferment to add lip-smacking texture, while resting for 16 months in oak ensured a nice line on the palate. Everything adds up to a crowd pleasing drop you'll keep coming back to!
- Part of this beautiful juice came from a Frankland vineyard within the immense Great Southern region, where the fruit was grown on meticulously managed, old style bush vines that involve hours of backbreaking labour..especially because the grapes were hand-picked!
- The Queensland boys are back! After a sellout last year, they deliver their next vintage of their luscious Tempranillo. Beyond the hand-dipped wax seal, this incredible red is all about pure, fresh red and black fruits.
- The cool climate characteristics make it juicy and moreish, especially with it's layers of French and American oak and soft, velvety tannins. A little lighter and brighter than some Australian Tempranillos, this is a classic example of the style that is made and drunk all over Spain. All this exotic deliciousness can wing to your Angel door for under $19!
- This wine is sourced from Glen and Andrew's own organically managed vineyards as well as a neighbouring vineyard just up the road in the cool climate hills of Ballandean. A true Queensland dream made in tiny quantities, don't miss your share - pop it in your basket today!
WE'RE NOT SURE
When you get your lips around this robust, structured, elegant Malbec it’s like you’ve packed your bags and travelled to Argentina! Rich with ripe intensity and beautifully balanced with delectable spicy aromas of black pepper and mint.
Having the pick of the finest Mendoza vineyards Ben picked two sites, one low, providing fruit character and one high, providing structure.
Nothing was spared in the making of this classic red: Matured for 12 months in 90% French oak and 10% American oak and then into an oh-so-impressive tapered bottle and closed under traditional cork. Um, got a corkscrew?
- Brian’s brand new fresh modern style Margaret River Tempranillo has hit the virtual shelves. Lively, aromatic with vibrant purple red colours the spicy cherry briar aromas lead to expectations of bright succulent mouth watering flavours - and this delicious red delivers on all counts!
- Superb fruit-driven mouthfeel balanced by beautiful powdery tannins makes this a rare Margaret River expression of this variety.
- Made in tiny amounts, this is the perfect fresh, succulent spicy wine to go with friends and food and is a perfect reflection of Brian’s minimal interference style.
- His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. He is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- Sourced from the family vineyard in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- This Merlot is made to be an easy drinking, approachable wine; smooth and well rounded. It has rich, ripe plum and cherry flavours combined with subtle oak and velvety smooth tannins.
- Wrattonbully is a relatively young winemaking region but is fast becoming known for premium red wines. The last two vintages of this ball of fun Merlot rated through the roof with thousands of Angels, scoring a 95% buy-again rating. History is bound to repeat itself so don't miss out on this Top Shelf stunner!