WE'RE NOT SURE
- Brian’s brand new fresh modern style Margaret River Tempranillo has hit the virtual shelves. Lively, aromatic with vibrant purple red colours the spicy cherry briar aromas lead to expectations of bright succulent mouth watering flavours - and this delicious red delivers on all counts!
- Superb fruit-driven mouthfeel balanced by beautiful powdery tannins makes this a rare Margaret River expression of this variety.
- Made in tiny amounts, this is the perfect fresh, succulent spicy wine to go with friends and food and is a perfect reflection of Brian’s minimal interference style.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- The Queensland boys are back! After a sellout last year, they deliver their next vintage of their luscious Tempranillo. Beyond the hand-dipped wax seal, this incredible red is all about pure, fresh red and black fruits.
- The cool climate characteristics make it juicy and moreish, especially with it's layers of French and American oak and soft, velvety tannins. A little lighter and brighter than some Australian Tempranillos, this is a classic example of the style that is made and drunk all over Spain. All this exotic deliciousness can wing to your Angel door for under $19!
- This wine is sourced from Glen and Andrew's own organically managed vineyards as well as a neighbouring vineyard just up the road in the cool climate hills of Ballandean. A true Queensland dream made in tiny quantities, don't miss your share - pop it in your basket today!
- Sourced from the family vineyard in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- This Merlot is made to be an easy drinking, approachable wine; smooth and well rounded. It has rich, ripe plum and cherry flavours combined with subtle oak and velvety smooth tannins.
- Wrattonbully is a relatively young winemaking region but is fast becoming known for premium red wines. The last two vintages of this ball of fun Merlot rated through the roof with thousands of Angels, scoring a 95% buy-again rating. History is bound to repeat itself so don't miss out on this Top Shelf stunner!
- His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. He is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a touch of herbs and spice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the mid palate, all finished off with smooth tannins and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- The last vintage hailed a huge 89% of people who loved it so this wine is sure to impress! It is a versatile and flavour packed wine, full of dark, vibrant fruit on release that will continue to evolve it's complexities in the bottle over a couple of years.
Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from two of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of Denmark WA. Finished in a combination new and older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine silky tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $40 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
- Mark has done it again! His beloved Pinot Noir returns with a bang, heralding all the gorgeous mulberry and dark cherry aromas you know and love, along with an undeniably smooth palate of soft fruit layers.
- As a lighter red, this is the perfect summer star for your collection. The wine is made from 100% organically grown, single vineyard grapes and in accordance with BioGro Ltd regulations. The 2017 vintage at the base of the famous Wairau Valley has some of the oldest Pinot Noir vines in Marlborough. The whole vintage was hand picked to optimise flavour ripeness.
- Single vineyard, hand picked, certified organic and treated in French oak barrels for 12 months - this is truly a wine worthy of its world class region. At under $23 for Angels, it is certainly among the best bang for your buck organic Pinot on the market!
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.
- This deep, brooding character is just like the place it came from - the inspirational Engine Room! Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver to its Angel fans once again. The fruit quality was excellent with great balance and depth of colour of flavour.
- With an alluring crimson hue, the Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo is a beautiful wine full of delicate surprises. Scents of ripe cherries and dark plum abound, while hints of dusty sweet spice add interest and appeal.
- Ripe, juicy red fruits combine on the palate to create a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.