- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- The Queensland boys are back! After a sellout last year, they deliver their next vintage of their luscious Tempranillo. Beyond the hand-dipped wax seal, this incredible red is all about pure, fresh red and black fruits.
- The cool climate characteristics make it juicy and moreish, especially with it's layers of French and American oak and soft, velvety tannins. A little lighter and brighter than some Australian Tempranillos, this is a classic example of the style that is made and drunk all over Spain. All this exotic deliciousness can wing to your Angel door for under $19!
- This wine is sourced from Glen and Andrew's own organically managed vineyards as well as a neighbouring vineyard just up the road in the cool climate hills of Ballandean. A true Queensland dream made in tiny quantities, don't miss your share - pop it in your basket today!
- This deep, brooding character is just like the place it came from - the inspirational Engine Room! Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver to its Angel fans once again. The fruit quality was excellent with great balance and depth of colour of flavour.
- With an alluring crimson hue, the Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo is a beautiful wine full of delicate surprises. Scents of ripe cherries and dark plum abound, while hints of dusty sweet spice add interest and appeal.
- Ripe, juicy red fruits combine on the palate to create a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.
- His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. He is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from two of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of Denmark WA. Finished in a combination new and older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine silky tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $40 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
- Andrew's Hilltops Merlot will deliver bold mulberry and plum fruit layers, with hints of complex oak notes. The wine is full, ripe and richly textured.
- Hilltops is a wine region surrounding but the town of Young which has an altitude of 439m. This means cool nights coupled wih warm days, leading to smooth reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.
- There is very little Merlot grown in Hilltops and the conditions are perfect for the formation of bright berry flavours and succulent tannins. Get in on this unique treat today. Full of deep, ripe fruit characters, it will quickly become a crowd pleaser!
Thanks to some new WA plantings this Merlot has a richer more distinct dark chocolate-like structure and flavour than your run of the mill Merlot.
The difference is in the quality of the fruit. Deep purple in colour and rich,fragrant aromas leap out of the glass. Medium bodied with silky fine tannins and the flavours just go on and on!
Absolutely cracking value and a bit of a rarity to see a merlot of this quality as a stand alone variety.
This is a true work of art from Rob Paulazzo. Get ready for some incredible raspberry and cherry plum aromas with hints of gorgeous cinnamon spice. This is a light to medium bodied Pinot with subtle influences of savoury spice on the finely structured palate, leading through to silky dark cherry notes with super supple tannins.
Pinot Noir is a fickle beast, it won't just grow anywhere...it needs the right climate, right soils and right location in order to show its true potential. Luckily, Angels have enabled Rob to access outstanding Pinot Noir vineyards in Tumbarumba, a region which ticks all these boxes and more! Rob's Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of Paulazzo family grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter and number combinations to mark the best soil locations on the vineyards.
Get in on this delicious Pinot Noir before it's gone & see why Rob has a huge soft spot for this varietal. It's dark and mysterious, yet with the right attention to detail and creative winemaking applied, it results in a special experience for any red lover. Using a mixture of new and old oak, and extended grape skin contact this Pinot has fantastic complexity and sensational length.
Paul selected the fruit from 2 different regions. Frankland River for its ability to produce world class shiraz and Ferguson Valley for its unique terroir and ability to produce excellent Mediterranean varietals.Combining together the magic ingredients of Naked backing, premium fruit and artistic flair to create this incredible treat for Angels - a delicious summer red option! Get ready for an incredible palate of concentrated berry flavours and a lasting finish.
- With it's hint of spice and medium body, this Shiraz Grenache blend is well known as a fantastic food wine. Get that BBQ menu plan sorted and you'll be in for the perfect combination!
- Packed with plush fruit flavours, Paul has kept tannins and oak influence in balance to ensure an easy drinking experience. This wine is perfect if you're looking for a flavoursome alternative to a straight Shiraz, and better yet it can wing it's way to your Angel door for under $15!