Wow! A premium Spanish Rioja style red wine - straight from the Clare Valley in South Australia. Judy and Glen have some of the oldest Tempranillo grown in Australia. This wine has history on its side!
All three parts were made separately, received subtle ageing in French oak and then blended. This delectable red is overflowing with juicy fruit berry and plum flavours, and a hint of savoury spice. A wine of this calibre using fruit from these exceptional aged vines would normally sell for over $30 per bottle.
Incredibly food friendly and made for enjoying now or over the next 3-4 years. Great for Summer too! Twenty minutes in the fridge and this will be the perfect mainstay at all your BBQ’s!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This beautiful wine is sourced from three stunning sub regions of the Clare Valley. Each area is renowned for big flavour and intensity. Filled with tannins that give the wine a perfect framework, it's textural dimensions are accompanied by a phenomenally persistent finish.
- The nose packs a gamey punch with hints of strawberries, drawing you into the heavenly red world Adam has crafted. Best to lock a few of these in your basket quick before it's snapped up off the virtual shelves once again.
- Each drop brings savoury and complex elements that will have you licking your lips; think cherries and spices evolving into your glass. Thousands of Angels can't be wrong, scoring the last vintage a huge 95% buy-again rating!
Prepare your taste buds, Liz's sell-out Signature Merlot is back! Guided by Liz's wealth of knowledge and experience, the Southern Fleurieu grapes were the perfect base for this ruby red wine. After a crucial night harvest and fermentation process, it was into French oak for six months, with all roads leading to the delectable drop you see today!
With an irresistible nose of raspberry and plum fruit characters accompanied by subtle floral notes of rose and dried herb, you'll be hard pressed not to dive into your glass. This medium-bodied Merlot is well-balanced with vibrant acidity on the palate, finishing with a soft, velvety tannin structure. Your food match will be singing its praises!
Angels have been quick to snap up this impeccable Merlot before, with the last vintage scoring rave reviews and a whopping 92% Buy-It-Again rating. Getting your hands on this boutique South Australia Merlot at these prices is an Angel-only privilege... go on and enjoy!
- Who loves Merlot...you do! Well thousands of you do, since Angel investments have enabled this delicious return of a fresh, fruit driven and ever popular red wine from Thomas! Did we mention over 90% of the masses have rated it a huge thumbs-up to buy again?
- Crafted with serious TLC, the tannin in this wine is balanced with a good spread over the palate and a beautiful lifted nose of cherry ripe characters. Berries on the palate will perfectly accompany your favourite cheese platter or red meat meal.
- With a few years already in the bottle, this Merlot's characters have already started to develop and soften. It's certainly a wine to treat yourself with or to delight that special red-lover in your life any time!
Adam openly admits the secret to his wines are carefully selected vineyards, passionate grower partners and care and attention to detail in the winery.
This Merlot sourced from the Watervale sub-region of Clare Valley is a perfect example. Hints of tomato leaf, plum and tobacco flavours jump out of the glass.
Ten months in French oak has added complexity as it evolves beautifully in the bottle. This is a classic midweek pizza wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- This deep, brooding character is just like the place it came from - the inspirational Engine Room! Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver to its Angel fans once again. The fruit quality was excellent with great balance and depth of colour of flavour.
- With an alluring crimson hue, the Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo is a beautiful wine full of delicate surprises. Scents of ripe cherries and dark plum abound, while hints of dusty sweet spice add interest and appeal.
- Ripe, juicy red fruits combine on the palate to create a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.
- Steve's Merlot is not the kind to be labelled with the old sweet, fruity stereotype - it is brimming with structure and complexity. It is a stunning hand-crafted example of what Orange is quickly becoming famous for!
- You'll be reaching for a re-fill in no time, with classic qualities of plum, cherry, tobacco and herbal notes. Bucket loads of TLC has ensured extra depth, super soft tannins, a balanced mouth feel and a mouth-watering a savory finish. All this for under $17 will leave your hip pocket happy too!
- The batch was tiny (read: it won't last!) and was all matured in French barrique and puncheon barrels. Understandably, Steve wanted only the best treatment for such premium fruit from an absolute cracking vintage. Each mouthful will demonstrate why everyone went nuts last time over this new world cool-climate reds!
- The Santolin's Sangiovese brings an Italian spin to their Boy Meets Girl range; it is the main grape varietal used in traditional Tuscan Chianti blends. This tantalising drop is bright, savoury and easy drinking - ready to please any crowd!
- Showing a lovely balance of texture and length, this wine is medium bodied and will match an Italian feast wonderfully. You'll be enticed by earthy aromas of red fruits and plump savoury flavours on the palate.
- Allowing some breathing time before serving will reward you well. At under $9 a bottle, any red loving Angel would be wise to stock up as this drop will get you very excited for the next bottle!