The quality of the fruit that’s gone into the bottle is incredible. As one of New Zealand’s most respected and well-known winemakers, Rod Eastwood got his hands on the best fruit around from two of Hawke’s Bay’s finest vineyards.
Once barrel-fermentation finished, the young wine slept on lees over the winter to develop more complex flavours. Then Malolactic fermentation kicked in to soften the natural acidity. Finally, after a total of 10 months on oak, the wine was filtered without any fining to keep as much flavour as possible.
Open a bottle of this classic cool-climate Chardy to release the glorious peach, brioche and hazelnut notes hiding inside. Take a sip and you’ll be awash with waves of flavour and a balanced acidity that promises the next sip is not far behind.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
- Sam's ever popular Chardonnay is back! With only a touch of oak treatment, each sip packs plenty of fruit and a soft lingering finish.
- A tried and tested Angel favourite, this will not only send Chardonnay lovers in to a spin, but it's light, modern style is the perfect mid-ground for those who typically avoid Chardonnay. Dip your toe in to this wonderful world!
- At under $9 per bottle for Angels, don't sell you cellar short! Stock up on this crowd pleasing drop and revel in it's tantalising aromas, all made possible by your Angel backing.
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
Cool climate Chardonnay at its best! Fruit sourced from two of the oldest producing vineyards in Denmark W.A. including Paul’s very own Karriview. Get ready for an old school Chardonnay with new-century smarts!
50% handpicked, whole bunch pressed, 40% new French oak, wild ferment,100% MLF (Malolactic Fermentation) and matured in oak for 10 months. Yep, this wine has had the whole kid gloves and Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be amazed by the wild spectrum of flavours on show: soft ripples of minerality, searing grapefruit and beautifully balanced by a silky lanolin backbone - yummm!
Limited to only 270 cases produced from decades old vines - this wine will fly! You’ll have to get your skates on to beat the thousands of other thirsty Angels.
- Adam Barton brings Angels another instalment of his downright scrumptious Chardonnay from high in the Adelaide Hills. The region's cool climate means this wine is refined and elegant, showing off crunchy apple, pear, citrus and white peach aromas.
- Adam dances to is own winemaking beat and wanted to give this Chardonnay a modern twist. Each sip is refreshing, with crisp acidity on the palate to balance out the subtle creamy touch from the wine's time in barrel fermentation and maturation on lees.
- Rabbit & Spaghetti speaks to the traditions of friendship over shared meals between grape growers and captured Italian prisoners in the Adelaide region that have long outlasted WWII. Carry on embracing new friendships and old over a bottle of Adam's outstanding wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- White wine lovers are in for a tantalising experience with Hunter Vally experts Fuzzy & May. Their experience comes from top local wineries like Brokenwood, McGuigan and Briar Ridge.
- Hand-crafted from premium grapes from local growers, this lighter style is more like a cool-climate Chardonnay — tantalisingly crisp and modern, with an unmistakable hint of spice, nutmeg and cashew. Delicious!
- Angel backing has unlocked new potential for Damien and Jodie. They've been able to source the best quality fruit for this Chardonnay and apply their personal flair at every step of the winemaking process. Under $14 for a Hunter Chardonnay of this quality is unreal.
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will doubtless tempt you back for more!
It’s hard to find great Tasmanian wines by little family winemakers like these outside of cellar doors and fancy restaurants.
Every winemaker will tell you the true flavour of a wine begins in the vineyard. Bloody oath! Tassie has some of the best cool-climate ones around.
Pour a glass and set free the scent of white flowers and peach and nectarine flavours. Savour the moment the taste transforms into pear and melon and ends with a zesty flourish as it goes down. There’s a hint of vanilla in there too from its time in French oak barrels.
- Distinctly cool climate in style, Paul's Chardonnay shows an ever present line of textual acidity which carries through for a fantastically flavoursome finish. Refreshing minerality, citrus, white peach and apple blossom will greet you with open arms with every scrumptious sip!
- Partial treatment in new French oak integrates secondary layers in beautiful harmony, without dominating the delicate fruit components. The wine is comprised of batch fruit from one of the oldest and most sought after vineyards in Mt Barker. An Angel price under $16 is too tasty to pass up compared to the $35+ market bottles this fruit usually ends up in.
- Don't miss an opportunity to try a wine that sings the unique Great Southern tune! It exemplifies the modern Chardonnay trend, stepping away from buttery, overpowering oak. Fresh and fruity yet seriously balanced and approachable, this baby is suited to any occasion with or without food. Its the perfect on-hand companion for unexpected guests this summer!