- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will undoubtedly have you back for more!
- This stunning Top Shelf Chardonnay from Rob will send you into a spin! Its enticing aromas include grapefruit, green melon and white nectarine bouncing around your glass, followed by hints of cashew nuts and toasty oak.
- On the palate, you'll enjoy green apple, fig and honeydew melon layers. Fresh mineral acidity combined with a creamy texture and nutty oak provide balance to this exceptionally long, complex and structured wine. Only the finest oak barrels were used, delivering over-the-top quality in each sip.
- Making the most of his world-class Burgundy vintage experience, Rob is undoubtedly most passionate about Chardonnay when it comes to whites. His Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter/number combinations. Tumbarumba is one of Australia's best cool climate regions for Chardonnay, so don't blink or you'll miss getting your hands on this small batch wine for under $20!
This stunning top shelf Chardonnay from the happening region of Tumbarumba will send you into a spin! Enticing aromas grapefruit and white nectarine bounce around your glass combined with hints of cashew nuts and toasty oak.
You'll enjoy crisp flavours of green apple, fig and honeydew melon all being driven by a fresh mineral acidity combined with a creamy texture and nutty oak characters. Perfectly balanced with an exceptionally long, complex finish. Only the finest oak barrels were used, delivering over-the-top quality in each sip.
Making the most of his world-class Burgundy vintage experience, Rob is undoubtedly most passionate about Chardonnay when it comes to his whites. So don't blink or you'll miss getting your hands on this premium small batch wine for under $19!
BTW, the 2017 vintage scored 95 Halliday points and a Gold Medal!
- Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s latest release Chardonnay, is an outstanding example of what this world-renowned cool-climate region does wonderfully! Angels will enjoy tantalising aromas of lemon, apricot and just a touch of oak.
- Your taste buds will dance to the tune of subtle sweetness on the palate, followed up by a lovely crisp, tangy mouthfeel that’ll ensure easy drinking. The finish is long and balanced to round out each delightful sip!
- Geoff's attention to detail shines here. Listening to Angel feedback means this latest vintage has a new balance and slightly less oak influence while maintaining the lovely intense fruit flavours.. A guaranteed hit in any crowd, why not make the most of your Angel backing and snap up this quality, pocket -friendly Chardy!
- Affectionally known as the King of White wines, this is a Chardonnay that sings out flavour and complexity reflecting the Tasmanian eccentricity with which it was nurtured. With hundreds of reviews and huge ratings each vintage, this truly is the return of a Top Shelf Naked champion!
- Aromas of white peach, dried citrus and hints of elderflower will leap out of your glass, while the palate treats you to succulent Nashi pear. This develops into well rounded stone fruit layers...think white peach with a finish of subtle ruby red grapefruit.
- Cynthea and David pour their decades of incredible winemaking experience into each wine and deliver an incredible level of Tamar Valley quality each vintage. With Angel funding behind them, you can now access some of the world's most premium and pristinely sourced Chardonnay at incredibly accessible prices for you!
Coby Ladwig’s Lovers Grave Chardonnay 2018 embodies the pure natural surrounds of Pemberton in South West W.A. The best of both worlds - Old School in style and New School in vibrancy and intensity! If you like your chardonnays oaky and rich then this is for you.
Rich aromas of nectarines, cashew and a touch of spice leap out of the glass and the flavours are super long with stonefruits, a creamy nuttiness and a touch of the old school buttery richness to round things out.
It's a big rich Chardonnay but there’s a steely monster in the background that you never see but just seem to know it’s there… somewhere. Absolutely gorgeous!
Coby’s attention to detail is second to none. 100% french oak, (40% new), wild ferment, yeast lees stirred for 5 months and 15% of select barrels going through malolactic fermentation for that delicious creamy luxe texture. At under $19 a bottle for Angels this is a steal!
Cool climate Chardonnay at its best! Fruit sourced from two of the oldest producing vineyards in Denmark W.A. including Paul’s very own Karriview. Get ready for an old school Chardonnay with new-century smarts!
50% handpicked, whole bunch pressed, 40% new French oak, wild ferment,100% MLF (Malolactic Fermentation) and matured in oak for 10 months. Yep, this wine has had the whole kid gloves and Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be amazed by the wild spectrum of flavours on show: soft ripples of minerality, searing grapefruit and beautifully balanced by a silky lanolin backbone - yummm!
Limited to only 270 cases produced from decades old vines - this wine will fly! You’ll have to get your skates on to beat the thousands of other thirsty Angels.
- Marsanne is one of the lesser known white varieties of the world, with its home being the Northern Rhone area of France. It has been likened to Chardonnay without the ego, and can age superbly. The vineyard that Stu sourced these grapes from is probably the only planting in Margaret River - extremely rare!.
- Aromas of pear, butter, spice and nuts will jump from the glass! This Marsanne has a lovely textural palate, while retaining a delicious freshness and lightness.
- Made in super-tiny amounts. Angels looking for something ever so slightly - but exotically - different will snaffle this before it disappears.
- White wine lovers are in for a tantalising experience with Fuzzy & May Chardonnay. The gorgeous oaky notes of this wine are framed in a medium palate with a long, persistent finish.
- Bright gold in the glass, you won't be able to resist the aromas of white stone fruits, white nectarines and white peach. The palate is lively with a lovely integrated fruit and oak balance. Layers of rockmelon and honey blossom are followed by a smooth layer of vanilla oak - quite simply a party for your tastebuds!
- Angel backing has unlocked new potential for Damien and Jodie. They've been able to source the best quality fruit for this Chardonnay and apply their personal flair at every step of the winemaking process. Under $14 for a Hunter Chardonnay of this quality is unreal.