Inspired by generations of Paulazzo family winemaking, Rob's much loved Heritage Bin range returns for another vintage! Keeping with tradition, each wine in the Heritage range is coded with the letter and number combination that marks the best soil locations on the vineyard. This stunning Top Shelf Chardonnay hails from Tumbarumba, with Rob's world-class Burgundy winemaking experience evident in every sip!
Rob's passion for Chardonnay runs deep, with all roads leading to this crisp and expertly layered wine. From classic grapefruit and white nectarine to green melon and hints of cashew, you'll soon discover the exceptional flavour that effortlessly mingle in your glass!
Devastatingly, Rob was affected by the most recent bushfire season with his grapes deemed unusable for the foreseeable future. If you want to get your hands on a treasure from the Heritage Bin, you'll need to act fast. The last vintage of this premium white wine - now in its fifth vintage - racked up a 93% Buy-It-Again rating, and it won't return until 2021 at best!
- Adelaide Hills is a fantastic region for Chardonnay in Australia. Glenn took full advantage of pristine hand-picked grapes from a superb year to craft this stunning modern wine.
- Contact with the grapes skins during the winemaking process has given this wine a rich yellow colour and buckets of fruit flavour. But you won't find any of the heavy 'oaky' charatcers of old.
- A quick will swirl will reveal all its secrets — the smell of lemon curd and freshly squeezed limes, and something like almonds, or is it vanilla? You decide. If you like Chardonnay from Margaret River or the Adelaide Hills with flavour and brightness, this is for you!
It’s hard to find great Tasmanian wines by little family winemakers like these outside of cellar doors and fancy restaurants.
Every winemaker will tell you the true flavour of a wine begins in the vineyard. Bloody oath! Tassie has some of the best cool-climate ones around.
Pour a glass and set free the scent of white flowers and peach and nectarine flavours. Savour the moment the taste transforms into pear and melon and ends with a zesty flourish as it goes down. There’s a hint of vanilla in there too from its time in French oak barrels.
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
- Get ready to lay back and bask in the tastiness of this cracker from Ash! You'll be met with an aromatic lift of wild flower, pear and subtle oak nuances. Then your lips will be smacking with each sip - think subtle creamy oak with hints of green apples and pear and fresh citrus acidity.
- You'll love knowing each glass full has come from a limited supply of quality certified organic grapes, grown in Orange at an elevation of 780m. Red brown earth with older basalt soil allowed Ash to work towards his passion - crafting wine with elegance and a true sense of place.
- Serve chilled but not to cold, as the Chardy warms in the glass the flavours and aromatics will evolve.
- Sam's ever popular Chardonnay is back! With only a touch of oak treatment, each sip packs plenty of fruit and a soft lingering finish.
- A tried and tested Angel favourite, this will not only send Chardonnay lovers in to a spin, but it's light, modern style is the perfect mid-ground for those who typically avoid Chardonnay. Dip your toe in to this wonderful world!
- At under $9 per bottle for Angels, don't sell you cellar short! Stock up on this crowd pleasing drop and revel in it's tantalising aromas, all made possible by your Angel backing.
- This cracking Sweet Spot white gives Chardonnay a modern twist, purposefully crafted to appeal to those who might usually avoid the varietal. It's light mouth feel is softly textured and fruit forward.
- Each sip will take your on a flavour journey - think citrus and melon, with a bouquet of aromas to match! Using only a touch of oak treatment has ensured this Chardonnay steers clear of the old buttery style.
- Steve purposefully left the grapes on vine for longer to build up the right flavour balance, locking in an undeniably moreish experience that will leave any white lover thrilled! Central Ranges has only been a certified wine region for around a decade, prior to that it lesser known and continues to supply a perfect cooler climate fruit element to many Hunter Valley wines. Jump on it today!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the latest instalment of Brian's ever popular Chardonnay! With a beautiful nose of a pure fruit, each sip is styled with fine melon and a cashew lift. Subtle oak treatment adds complexity and texture to round it all off.
- You'll delight in it's soft creamy middle palate, with a lovely unctuous structure and strong crisp finish. All this adds up to a perfect summer wine!
- For the past decade, the Margaret River has been heralded as Australia's consistently premium Chardonnay region. No wonder this treat from Brian races out the door every year at under $15 for Angels - a price unheard of elsewhere!
- Adam Barton brings Angels another instalment of his downright scrumptious Chardonnay from high in the Adelaide Hills. The region's cool climate means this wine is refined and elegant, showing off crunchy apple, pear, citrus and white peach aromas.
- Adam dances to is own winemaking beat and wanted to give this Chardonnay a modern twist. Each sip is refreshing, with crisp acidity on the palate to balance out the subtle creamy touch from the wine's time in barrel fermentation and maturation on lees.
- Rabbit & Spaghetti speaks to the traditions of friendship over shared meals between grape growers and captured Italian prisoners in the Adelaide region that have long outlasted WWII. Carry on embracing new friendships and old over a bottle of Adam's outstanding wine!
- Distinctly cool climate in style, Paul's Chardonnay shows an ever present line of textual acidity which carries through for a fantastically flavoursome finish. Refreshing minerality, citrus, white peach and apple blossom will greet you with open arms with every scrumptious sip!
- Partial treatment in new French oak integrates secondary layers in beautiful harmony, without dominating the delicate fruit components. The wine is comprised of batch fruit from one of the oldest and most sought after vineyards in Mt Barker. An Angel price under $16 is too tasty to pass up compared to the $35+ market bottles this fruit usually ends up in.
- Don't miss an opportunity to try a wine that sings the unique Great Southern tune! It exemplifies the modern Chardonnay trend, stepping away from buttery, overpowering oak. Fresh and fruity yet seriously balanced and approachable, this baby is suited to any occasion with or without food. Its the perfect on-hand companion for unexpected guests this summer!