- Nigel's labour of love returns better than ever Angels. Wait until you taste the 2019 vintage! You'll revel in a complex wine that isn't too heavy but instead oozes drinkability. Nigel can't help but describe the wine using the classic line 'He aint heavy, he's my brother'. Just a few teasers....think peach notes, mandarin, butterscotch, vanilla bean, Brazil nut and classic French oak.
- All this deliciousness comes down to science really - the grapes for this wine are from Mendoza vines that grow on very rocky soil, producing just enough stress to make the vines put extra energy and nutrients into their offspring (the grapes). Nigel wild fermented the premium grapes and used a blend of barrel and tank to capture the right balance of flavour for Angels to enjoy.
- Reserve Willyabrup Chardonnay at this Angel price (!) is truly unmatched, so why not dive in to the Top Shelf perks of being an Angel and treat yourself to a bottle of Nigel's finest. You deserve it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the latest instalment of Brian's ever popular Chardonnay! With a beautiful nose of a pure fruit, each sip is styled with fine melon and a cashew lift. Subtle oak treatment adds complexity and texture to round it all off.
- You'll delight in it's soft creamy middle palate, with a lovely unctuous structure and strong crisp finish. All this adds up to a perfect summer wine!
- For the past decade, the Margaret River has been heralded as Australia's consistently premium Chardonnay region. No wonder this treat from Brian races out the door every year at under $15 for Angels - a price unheard of elsewhere!
When Ben was asked what he thinks of Chardonnay, he didn't hold back! "More than any other variety in the wine world it should be a wine that makes you say YUM!". This wine does exactly that. Its clean, fresh, stone fruit scent with hints of vanilla is the tell-tale sign of a cool-climate classic. Take a sip for white peach and pear, bolstered by a little richness and spice from time in oak barrels. The clean, refreshing acidity creates a finish that will have you licking your lips.
Ben and his team have been spending every waking moment in the vineyard improving soil health and reducing yields to help intensify flavour in the grapes. Growing alongside world famous black truffles and healthy hazelnut trees, this wine has Mother Nature's riches on its side! Every year brings another level of maturity to the vines.
This wine is about as versatile as a Chardonnay can be. Suited to almost any meal, its richness and finesse mean it will be your best friend when you're looking for a white with a little more 'oomph'. Pemberton is developing a reputation as one of the leading cool-climate chardonnay regions in WA. Snap up this amazing quality wine before the rest of the community catches on!
John Colvin and Dan Binet have pulled out all the stops with this premium Chardonnay allowing extended maturation in French oak barrels.
One sip of this incredible wine will leave you in no doubt - the boys have well and truly nailed their goal of producing a premium Chardonnay with power and finesse. A creamy nuttiness on the nose mingles with ripe melons, peach and a delicious hint of zest with a touch of flintiness.
The palate is bursting with caramelised stone fruits and an almondy oakiness with just the right amount of tingly alcohol to deliver a finish that satisfies on every level! This dreamy drop will sell out fast… get in quick!
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will doubtless tempt you back for more!
- This cracking Sweet Spot white gives Chardonnay a modern twist, purposefully crafted to appeal to those who might usually avoid the varietal. It's light mouth feel is softly textured and fruit forward.
- Each sip will take your on a flavour journey - think citrus and melon, with a bouquet of aromas to match! Using only a touch of oak treatment has ensured this Chardonnay steers clear of the old buttery style.
- Steve purposefully left the grapes on vine for longer to build up the right flavour balance, locking in an undeniably moreish experience that will leave any white lover thrilled! Central Ranges has only been a certified wine region for around a decade, prior to that it lesser known and continues to supply a perfect cooler climate fruit element to many Hunter Valley wines. Jump on it today!
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
QLD and NSW came together in harmony for this tantalising blend. Grapes from the high-altitude Granite Belt, QLD, and Hilltops, NSW, were allowed to ripen slowly and develop complex flavours before matchmaking in the shed.
The Marsanne, Viognier and Roussanne grapes were field blended (grown in the same vineyard) and fermented as one to ensure the right balance of flavours, textures and aromas.
A full-bodied, lightly-oaked wine, this is a great alternative to Chardonnay. Enjoy stone fruit and honey flavours and a delicious scent of orange blossom. Match this rich wine with richly flavoured food and enjoy the union!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- White wine lovers are in for a tantalising experience with Hunter Vally experts Fuzzy & May. Their experience comes from top local wineries like Brokenwood, McGuigan and Briar Ridge.
- Hand-crafted from premium grapes from local growers, this lighter style is more like a cool-climate Chardonnay — tantalisingly crisp and modern, with an unmistakable hint of spice, nutmeg and cashew. Delicious!
- Angel backing has unlocked new potential for Damien and Jodie. They've been able to source the best quality fruit for this Chardonnay and apply their personal flair at every step of the winemaking process. Under $14 for a Hunter Chardonnay of this quality is unreal.