- This wine is crafted at a core vineyard called Esprit which sits at 185m elevation on a limestone slope, a truly unique vineyard in Hawke's Bay context. The growing conditions there have given a crisp lemongrass and mineral note to the wine. If that's not enticing enough, the Skeetfield vineyard fruit component adds scrumptious passionfruit and lemongrass layers.
- Rod's winemaking approach is very neutral to allow the quality fruit to shine. This means crushing and de-stemming at low temperatures, only employing neutral yeast, cool fermentation, and then around two months time melding and maturing on lees to build texture. All this TLC means the flavours just keep on coming in prolonged waves long after each sip!
- The Naked Model means that Rod can cut out the middlemen and ensure the most direct route from the grower to you, the Angel who made it happen. This means he can pay the grower well for the best fruit...therefore more bang for your buck! The proof is in the pudding...this gorgeous Savvy sells out every year. If you are in to pure unwooded aromatic white wines, then look no further and get this in your basket today.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Classic pear layers, apple and a touch of rose and nutmeg all contribute aromatic purity and intensity. The palate is fresh yet svelte and finishes with a rose petal flourish. This drop certainly has a hallmark of purity!
- Rod's latest Angel exclusive Pinot Gris is sourced from four distinct vineyard sites within the Hawke's Bay region which results in greater complexity. Both Rod and his top class growers enjoy an increasingly secure relationship having relied on each other for four years in a row, so Rod can restrict yields and delay picking to his preference. This professional trust is all thanks to the Naked model and ensures the end result is a perfectly ripe, yet relatively dry Pinot Gris.
- There is a lot of competition for Pinot Gris grapes among winemakers in Hawke's Bay, so volumes will always be limited. An absolute steal at under $14 for Angels, this flies off the Naked shelves every year so don't delay!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last vintage scored a whopping 94% buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Prepare for the ultimate hot weather drinking buddy to meet your lips! Scrumptious passionfruit and tropical guava notes will sing out, leading to a luscious body and juicy lime finish. Conditions in 2018 provided a long slow ripening period to ensure fully flavoursome grapes before harvest. This naturally reduced the acidity in the grapes to soften the wine and make it more approachable than most Sauvignon Blancs on the market. Oh, and did we mention that it just won a Trophy at the NZ Organic wine awards!
- Certified organic grapes form the crucial foundation for Tapi's everlasting popularity! Single vineyard to boot, this outstanding wine comes straight to your glass direct from the peerless Wairau River valley floor in Marlborough NZ, one of the best places in the world to grow Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mark and Gus are true believers in letting nature take her course to ensure the best wine is produced, especially when the fruit is this good! The vertically integrated Naked model means Mark, Gus and their team can bring you the best quality organic NZ Sauvignon Blanc for half of the normal price. All this wrapped up with a gorgeous new label for under $16 Angel dollaridoos - happy days!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Strap yourself in..this Pinto Gris is about to launch you to your happy place! Lychee and Nashi pear aromas will lift you up alongside floral hints…are you salivating yet? The vineyard is situated in the lower Wairau Valley in Marlborough NZ which is renowned for producing some of the world's most intense aromatic wines. You’ll be swept away with juicy fruit flavours and a subtle spice that lasts on the palate, balancing sugar and acidity that makes you want to come back for more. Oh, did we mention it just won Gold medal at the NZ Organic wine awards.
This wine was created on a foundation of quality fruit that was grown and harvested using organic principles. The vineyard has finished a three year organic accreditation process, continuously and strictly monitored for herbicide-free and pesticide-free practices.
Growing organic fruit takes more labour and manual work in the vineyard, therefore organic grapes are always more expensive to grow. Angels don’t miss this unprecedented access to a brand new wine on the Naked Shelves…made in tiny batches, it will fly! This is the perfect White to pair with food ,or simple enjoy as an after work drink to finish a busy day.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
The 2017/8 summer was lovely & warm. The amazing amount of sunshine produced good sized crops and a gorgeous even ripening. The grapes were sourced from parcels of fruit from three separate North Canterbury vineyards has produced a stunning Pinot Gris.
The natural fruit sweetness is balanced with a perfect acidity backbone that is such a hallmark of great cool-climate wines.
The mouthfeel is multi-layered and textured giving the wine depth, balance and intrigue. You’ll be bowled over by the aromas of ripe juicy Gala Apples & Nashi Pear. This is an off-dry style with freshly picked stone fruit and notes of Turkish delight.