- Westbound Cabernets is Ben Rector’s classic homage to the best wines coming out of Bordeaux, but with an Aussie twist! Let yourself go into a smooth, silky world where mellow Cabernet Sauvignon dances in perfect time with Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Aromas of tobacco, capsicum and raspberry will draw you in to a herbaceous palate with a medium bodied mouth feel. Anything this tasty will be shared around in the blink of an eye!
- A little bit of trivia? Cabernet Franc is not a blended wine itself - it is a single grape varietal, and historically one of the major players from Bordeaux, France. One day many years ago, Cab Franc met a single white grape by the name of Sauvignon Blanc, and after some viticultural brilliance, they gave birth to the one and only Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Pemberton is located way down south in W.A. It has already established a reputation for being one of the most exciting emerging wine regions. The climate is cool and the soils are rich red and fertile - perfect for growing incredibly flavour-filled grapes. Without the rest of the world glaring down on it with weighty expectation, Pemberton is able to deliver absolutely cracking wines at extraordinary value!
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s cool-climate Tassie Pinot Noir is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range and the site is tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allows rich flavours to develop with brilliant natural acidity.
Rich ruby in colour with gorgeous spicy fruit characters so unique to the vineyard all mingling with hints of herbaceous rosemary and a touch of fragrant musk from the time in premium French oak.
Once the word gets out about this stunning top-shelf Pinot Noir - it’ll fly. Again!
Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s 100% Langhorne Creek Shiraz Cab Malbec returns and has been blended to perfection. Showing a brightness and brooding complexity this wine displays a lovely elegance and generous mouthfeel - perfect for the cooler months.
From the first pour you’ll be mesmerised by deep red purple hues, delightful aromas of plums, blueberries and black olives and beautifully soft, velvety tannins.
Geoff has done everything to let the fruit shine: from harvesting in the cool of the night, maturing in American and French oak and then expertly blended to create this beautifully balanced wine.
- Enticing aromas of bright red fruits and delightful satsuma plum are complimented by the generous layers of juicy, ripe berries. A hint of attractive oak and soft, round tannins form the basis of this approachable and easy drinking dry wine.
- The winter preceding the 2018 vintage was wetter than average, which assisted in allowing the vineyards to withstand several heatwaves experienced when the grapes started ripening. The fruit produced exceptional colour and flavour with well-balanced acid and tannin profiles.
- Hamish approaches his winemaking as if finely tuning an engine, injecting his passion and ability to innovate after patiently allowing Mother Nature work her magic of course!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Wow! Hamish’s Winemakers Fantasy Exclusive Release Pinot Noir from the Adelaide Hills has hit the virtual Naked shelves! From the moment you crack the lid you’ll love the vibrant crimson colour with gorgeous ruby hues, fruit forward aromas, and hints of gorgeous bright strawberry, red cherry and savoury spice.
Hamish hand selected two separate parcels and fermented them separately. He matured one for around 9 months in high grade French oak and the other for 3 months to retain pristine fruit freshness. And then, when he blended it all together… delicious!
Get ready for a silky soft Pinot Noir with attractive primary flavours of red fruit and savoury spice, sitting upon a foundation of well-structured acidity, well-integrated premium oak and fine grained tannin.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This beautiful wine is sourced from three stunning sub regions of the Clare Valley. Each area is renowned for big flavour and intensity. Filled with tannins that give the wine a perfect framework, it's textural dimensions are accompanied by a phenomenally persistent finish.
- The nose packs a gamey punch with hints of strawberries, drawing you into the heavenly red world Adam has crafted. Best to lock a few of these in your basket quick before it's snapped up off the virtual shelves once again.
- Each drop brings savoury and complex elements that will have you licking your lips; think cherries and spices evolving into your glass. Thousands of Angels can't be wrong, scoring the last vintage a huge 94% buy-again rating!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Last vintage was a roaring success with a HUGE 95% positive rating, it's full bodied, velvety, textured and just delicious!
- The small berries and thick skins of Cabernet give it, its hallmark high intensity grippy tannins. The Merlot has thinner skin, so less tannin and when blended with Cabernet gives the wine a lovely velvety texture and lifts some of the spicy fruit cake aromas.
- Full-bodied, but not overbearing this cabernet is well balanced with good length of flavour. This will be THE wine to try!
- For all the Merlot lovers out there, this is a must-try! It undoubtedly punches will above it's weight - thousands of Angels buying it year in year out can't be wrong.
- Liz has created a balanced palate that provides the structure for a medium bodied wine. Red berry and plum layers will dance around your tongue and leave any red lover smiling from ear to ear.
- This wine has the capacity to be cellared for a few years, but if you can't wait (like us!), it's perfect to enjoy now. It is delightful with most meat base meals or even on it's own. Lighter than big bold Shiraz or Cab, this is the perfect summer red!