- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Looking for something a little different in your Pinot? You've found it! The fruit used to create this wine comes from sites that are sloped to the river and ripen earlier than many other vineyards in the Tamar Valley. The climate conditions produced grapes with the perfect balance of acid, tannin and ripeness.
- All grapes were hand picked, and fermented naturally in open fermenters with no additions. The fruit was packed with variety of bunch size, flavour concentration and time of ripening. When it came to blending, Cynthea and David had a huge range of options. This is where their talent shines!
- A deep scarlet colour will fill your glass, with perfumed aromas of violets and cherries leaping out. The first sip is like devouring a cup of summer berries! Fresh, red, juicy and delicious. The palate opens up, with savoury and spicy notes and plush sweet fruit. It's medium bodied and beautiful from bottle to the bottom of your glass; certainly the kind of wine you want to have for a special occasion with great food and with great company. Get in quick to secure some of this small batch wonder for yourself!
Tash made this wine to be extremely expressive of the fruit in the vineyard. It gives the drinker a fresh experience that shows an excellent blend of three varieties (Shiraz, Grenache and Cabernet) indigenous to Franceto give Angels three times the flavour.
The French Kiss style is plush and generous, its softer in ts flavours and not as boisterous as many red wines. The alcohol is lower in content which adds to this soft and generous style.The French Kiss is unique in that it can offer the angels an old vine experience - at a great price.
Incredible flavour concentration. Overflowing with characters of fresh fruit, plums and raspberries, this oh-sooo-vibrant red is crying out for wood fired pizza with prosciutto or fresh basil pesto pasta. A fresh style to drink young while it’s full of red fruits and yumminess!
The Frankland River down in South West WA is one of the best regions for Shiraz in Australia. So that’s exactly where Paul headed for the fruit for this exceptional wine.
Harvested in the middle of the night and partially cold soaked, the texture and flavour locked inside these premium grapes has been given every chance to shine. Some of the fermenting juice has even seen a bit of new oak to enhance the redskin and softer strawberry notes.
This is a classic premium Shiraz. Expect cracked pepper, oak and spice to jump from the glass along with darker sweet fruits. The mid palate is plush and well-rounded, finishing long but still fresh. Delicious!
- Just as Jen is a legend of the Naked Wines story, her Rebel Shiraz is a leading light in her range of beautiful Victorian wines. It has been consistently heralded by Angels with buy-again ratings over 92% every vintage!
- Punching well above it's price point, the nose has plenty of ripe plum and berry fruit with hints of chocolate. The palate is full, rich and smooth, with lots of mid palate fruit and a long finish.
- This Shiraz is a blend of various vineyards so as to get a beautifully consistent wine. With all Jen's TLC at each step of the winemaking process, the overall balance of the wine is tough to resist with good length and tannin that rounds out the experience beautifully. It's definitely for lovers of rich, full bodied reds, especially at under $9!
Drew Tuckwell’s cool-climate single-vineyard Orange region Syrah is not your average Shiraz. Sourced from a single mature vineyard, the grapes are grown at 630m above sea level allowing optimum ripening for the variety in this region.
This Syrah shows intense aromatic, lifted floral and red berry characters all with a hint of spice. Maturation in a giant 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel has created an incredibly fresh, intense, complex and delicious Shiraz. The intensity and textural quality makes it extremely individual and provides a different expression to the classic Australian Shiraz style.
This incredible small batch Orange Syrah was made in tiny amounts. Don’t miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles!
The grapes for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend grow further down the vineyard in a slightly warmer spot to ensure the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The three different grape varieties were fermented separately and decanted to steel tanks to lock in the bright fruit flavours. The Shiraz was given a touch of oak before the three wines were blended into this tantalising drop.
This is a delicious medium to full-bodied wine, bursting with generous red berry and cherry characters - lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes!
- Preservative free wine is wine that does not contain any added sulphur dioxide, which is the preservative normally used - so you won’t see any reference to ‘sulphites’ or ‘preservative 220’ on the back of Jock’s preservative free Shiraz.
- Get ready for a typically intense-flavoured McLaren Vale Shiraz - upfront fresh jubey dark berry fruits mingle seamlessly with a whisper of spicy oak and a beautiful looong finish.
- This delicious shiraz is just so damn gluggable and also perfect when ever-so-slightly chilled and matched with a rich seafood marinara pasta - and loads of crusty bread to mop up the plate!
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
Hand-crafting this top-of-the-line Pinot Noir was a labour of love for Adrian and Rebecca. Minimal intervention in the winemaking process has ensured this famously delicate grape variety truly expresses the regional characters of the Yarra Valley.
The premium fruit was gently crushed, wild fermented (with a few whole bunches for extra ‘oomph’) and plunged twice a day to bring out the rich colour and tannins. After fermentation, the wine was left for 10 months in French oak.
This delicate red is medium-bodied and textual. Think dark cherry and wild strawberries with hints of sweet spice and forest floor. It's bright, it's light and it's vibrant. The perfect Pinot for those looking to take their wine experience to the next level!