WE'RE NOT SURE
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s cool-climate Tassie Pinot Noir is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range and the site is tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allows rich flavours to develop with brilliant natural acidity.
Rich ruby in colour with gorgeous spicy fruit characters so unique to the vineyard all mingling with hints of herbaceous rosemary and a touch of fragrant musk from the time in premium French oak.
Once the word gets out about this stunning top-shelf Pinot Noir - it’ll fly. Again!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
- Enticing aromas of bright red fruits and delightful satsuma plum are complimented by the generous layers of juicy, ripe berries. A hint of attractive oak and soft, round tannins form the basis of this approachable and easy drinking dry wine.
- The winter preceding the 2018 vintage was wetter than average, which assisted in allowing the vineyards to withstand several heatwaves experienced when the grapes started ripening. The fruit produced exceptional colour and flavour with well-balanced acid and tannin profiles.
- Hamish approaches his winemaking as if finely tuning an engine, injecting his passion and ability to innovate after patiently allowing Mother Nature work her magic of course!
- Angels couldn't get enough of last year's huge 93% rated Grenache, so it's back! This originally Spanish varietal has true finesse, and with Adam's TLC at every step of the winemaking process, he's put his own spin on this tantalising drop.
- The nose is perfumed with bright red fruits, while the crunchy medium bodied palate of ripe strawberries and sour cherries is balanced by savoury and textural nuances. Partial whole bunch fermentation brought about it's delicately complex layers.
- Angels have spoken and now it's here, a premium and unique Aussie Grenache at a delightfully diminished price. Jump in and get a little exotic..this red is the perfect pick me up after those afternoon siestas!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This beautiful wine is sourced from three stunning sub regions of the Clare Valley. Each area is renowned for big flavour and intensity. Filled with tannins that give the wine a perfect framework, it's textural dimensions are accompanied by a phenomenally persistent finish.
- The nose packs a gamey punch with hints of strawberries, drawing you into the heavenly red world Adam has crafted. Best to lock a few of these in your basket quick before it's snapped up off the virtual shelves once again.
- Each drop brings savoury and complex elements that will have you licking your lips; think cherries and spices evolving into your glass. Thousands of Angels can't be wrong, scoring the last vintage a huge 94% buy-again rating!
- For all the Merlot lovers out there, this is a must-try! It undoubtedly punches will above it's weight - thousands of Angels buying it year in year out can't be wrong.
- Liz has created a balanced palate that provides the structure for a medium bodied wine. Red berry and plum layers will dance around your tongue and leave any red lover smiling from ear to ear.
- This wine has the capacity to be cellared for a few years, but if you can't wait (like us!), it's perfect to enjoy now. It is delightful with most meat base meals or even on it's own. Lighter than big bold Shiraz or Cab, this is the perfect summer red!
- Cheers to a new era for Naked SA Shiraz! This juicy, brooding number has been tried and tested by thousands of Angels over the years, each vintage delivering its own personality. The 2017 vintage delivered powerful berry layers and a persistent finish.
- Delivering quality from vineyard to your table is the driving passion for Geoff and his team. Transforming their Lodestar label into their re-energised Grounded Cru project has been spurred on by unprecedented opportunities and amazing Angel feedback since starting their Naked journey in 2013.
- If the history, flavour and moreish nature of this wine isn't enough to have you head over heels, the tiny Angel exclusive price will have you looking twice and stocking up. Enjoy every sip of this trusty little red, you've earned it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Straight to your dinner table with love from the unbelievable talents of Brian Fletcher! His immense winemaking experience has resulted in an easy drinking, dry red to enjoy with red meat based meals.
- Your nose will be treated to red berry and peppery notes, while your taste buds will enjoy a lingering and savoury cherry finish! This vintage delivers more savoury layers than in the past, and does exceptionally well when enjoyed over a few nights.
- Brian's love of life shines through his winemaking, and the result is always something special. Snap up this ever-popular Naked drop and let it help make any occasion sing!