WE'RE NOT SURE
- Grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate - Mount Gambier - from soils that are totally unique - limestone and flint pebbles. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide super flavour concentration, balanced by very cool nights driven by the extremely cold southern ocean. Every afternoon cooling sea breezes reduce the temperature and retain the natural grape acids during the ripening season.
- Machine harvested at night time to retain the fresh flavours. The grapes were destemmed without crushing and pressed as soon as possible to minimise the phenolic and colour extraction from the skins.
- Aromas of fresh crisp apple and a delicious hint of rose petals drive through to lip-smacking, mouth-watering flavours of limes, ripe pear and spice. Ahhh, yummm!
This expressive Arneis was made in Italy from pristine grapes grown in the Roero, north of Alba. The fruit was hand-picked in the early hours to lock in as much flavour as possible.
Pale straw coloured (just like its origins on the banks of the River Tanaro), this wine shows off its scents of apple blossom, white peach, clay and spice to any eager nose.
It’s a refreshing and intensely fruity wine with hints of almonds, pear, chalk and summer flowers - mouthwateringly delicious! A rare Angel-exclusive gem and such good value.
- One of the most authentic, what-nature-gives-is-what-you-get styles of wine, this Semillon will answer any questions you might still have as to why the Hunter is known world wide as a top producer of this stunning white. Each glass will deliver aromas of green apples, citrus, and a sweet meadow grassiness which is a hallmark of Semillon. Balanced delicately with lively lime acidity on the palate, there is a smooth citrus finish just waiting to delight you even more.
- With grape development tended to meticulously by John and his team, only the most pure, flavour packed grapes were selected to create this Montvalley magic. Armed with instructions 'if you wouldn't eat it off the vine, don't put it in the bucket', their huge spirit and even bigger sun hats, they began picking and collecting on the hills at dawn.
- Dan only uses pure free run Semillon juice in the winery. This level of discretion in the name of quality is something most winemakers can only dream of. Under $18 for a Top Shelf white from a world-renowned region, delivered to your door..what are you
- This gorgeous Riesling comes from our wild child of the West, Paul Nelson. Back by popular Angel demand, you'll taste lively character and Paul's winemaking prowess in every sip!
- A gorgeous light straw and pale quartz appearance perfectly compliments the aromas of lifted citrus apple and green pear, wrapped with hints of passionfruit and white apple blossom.
- Paul's Riesling is a light bodied drop with hints of minerality, floral, citrus and spiced pear characters. It's a textual masterpiece with acidity that continues to keep the palate fresh and vibrant. Finishing long with lingering lemon sorbet and lime flavours. Stock up on this delight while you still can.
- Angels, Adam is here to knock the socks off all you white wine lovers out there! Looking for an alternative to mix it up from your usual Savvy or Chardonnay preference? Then look no further! This dances the middle line perfectly, delivering gorgeous floral aromas and layer upon layer of balanced citrus flavour. The medium bodied mouth feel will have you licking your lips and reaching for a re-fill!
- According to wine historians, Fiano is a 'classical vine' of southern Italy that likely has ancient Roman origins. It's a late ripening varietal, finding huge favour in Australia as a crowd pleasing white. A great example of an old world wine now made modern for today's wine scene.
- Why not fall in love with Adam's carefully crafted Adelaide Hills Fiano and have the chance to bring something new to the table? For under $15 Angel price, why not indeed!
The vineyard that Paul selected to supply the fruit for this wine was chosen to best replicate an Italian grigio style. Harvested at very cool temps to avoid too much colour extraction. Pressed gently and fermented in 100% stainless steel to preserve the delicate aromatics.
A dry white with abundant fruit and crisp acidity. Green apple, pear, nectarine and Lemon on the nose and then honeysuckle and minerality grace the palate. Exotic, dry and fresh. Yummo!
White nectarines, pear and blossomy scents makes this wine perfect for all occasions that involve good friends and good food. Serve chilled with an Italian accent.
- Arneis is the new ‘it’ wine - cool and oh-so-delicious! Lifted tropical hints of gooseberry and passionfruit jump from the glass. Crisp apple, pear and lemon myrtle glide along a fresh mineral palate that prickles with intensity and texture. Such a long finish. Yummm!
- This Arneis is back for 2020 (2019 vintage had a 93% buy it again rating so we couldn't not bring it back!). It is a $50 bottle of wine any day of the week - but Angel funding has made it possible to over-deliver on winemaking tools, wine quality and price.
- Partially fermented in two handcrafted Tuscan-clay, 500 litre Amphorae. Wow! These big pots are integral to the Nodus Tollens style and are testament to centuries old, traditional methods of winemaking.
WE'RE NOT SURE
This new wine from Ash might be a one-off. Ash’s Savvy B grape volumes were limited by drought, so he sourced spectacular Pinot Grigio grapes from Orange and turned them into this awesome wine instead.
It’s a crisp and floral affair, with the scent of pears, kiwi fruit and spice. Take a sip to uncover its passion fruit, white peach, pears and citrusy characters.
Hailing from cool-climate Orange, these grapes grew at 870m above sea level, and were organically farmed and certified. Exceptional flavour and aromatics for a great price!
- Made from top quality single vineyard grapes from a family property in Padthaway on the Limestone Coast of South Australia.
- 2020 was a low yielding vintage for this crisp little grape, so you’ll find great varietal intensity in the wine.
- As soon as you crack the seal you’ll smell intense lime, cut grass, grapefruit and passion fruit. This wine has an elegant flavour - crisp and clean with a delightful acidity. It’s both food friendly and fully enjoyable on its own!
- Get ready for a crunchy, dry and fresh mouthfeel that make this drop not only the perfect food wine, but also wonderful to enjoy on its own. Textbook pear, citrus blossom and fresh apple aromas sing out, all the crisp and lively characters that make Italian whites so enjoyable!
- Pinot Grigio is a hugely popular Italian varietal found traditionally in the North Eastern regions of Lombardy, Alto Adige, Friuli-Venezia and right where Rob's family came from, the Veneto! The sunny Mediterranean style climate of Rob's Aussie home region the Riverina provides the ideal conditions for growing Italian grape varietals.
- It's hard to find a guy more passionate about NSW wine than Rob, and you’d be hard pressed to find a wine more food friendly than this! Blending portions of both warm and cool climate fruit gives the best of both worlds - fruit forward balanced with structure that will age. What's not to love - a little slice of Italy delivered to your door for under $12!