WE'RE NOT SURE
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams' first-up, single vineyard Pinot Gris from the high Eden Valley in the Barossa ranges offers pristine fruit flavours, a whisper of spicy complexity and yummy elegant crispness.
It is a beautifully styled Pinot Gris, with fragrant aromas of jasmine, poached pear and green rockmelon, leading to a succulent palate that is deliciously rounded and silky.
Get ready for a succulent Pinot Gris that is sooo drinkable you’ll be rushing back for more!
- Dive on in to a world where fresh, easy drinking white wine reigns supreme! Honeysuckle and exotic spice aromas will draw you in, leading to a flavour packed palate of pear, grapefruit and a hint of wild honey. Grounded Cru is Geoff Thompson's new era project following on from Lodestar Wines, opening up more possibilities to create unique and exclusive wines for Angels.
- This Pinot Gris has a juicy palate, elegantly balanced with a delightfully fresh and long lasting finish. A truly versatile food wine, Geoff's Pinot Gris will be a great match to many family favourite Spring and Summer dishes. His masterful blending of top quality SA grape parcels has resulted in yet another scrumptious treat to fill your glass with.
- Both your taste buds and your wallet will be in heaven with this white gem. At under $11 for Angels and scoring a massive 91% buy-again rating from thousands of other drinkers like yourself last vintage, it's an undeniable case-filling winner!
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
- Adam's live-in-the-moment White wine is back! This year's installment is made from Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewürztraminer, all growing next to each other and harvested at the same time, just the same as the original winemakers did.
- Co-fermenting the grapes has produced am aromatic, spicy and textural wine that will take you to your happy place!
- WWII Italian prisoners of war created history as they arrived in South Australia's serene wine regions and spread their incredible culture, including dishes of Rabbit & Spaghetti. The coming together of these cultures makes you think, just as the rustic union of these White grapes will. Cheers!
- There's nothing quite like a cool climate Riesling! Luke Tocaciu has already received incredible buy-ratings on his gorgeous Riesling last vintage, and its back!
- Made with minimal intervention, Luke's aim was to preserve the natural flavours of the vineyard and capture them in the bottle.
- Fragrant and intense, this drop will show loads of lime and floral notes. The wine is vibrant with well balanced fruit sweetness, citrus freshness and a 'crunchy' acid finish. 'Just one more glass'...prepare your taste buds.
- Arneis is the new ‘it’ wine - cool and oh-so-delicious! Lifted tropical hints of gooseberry and passionfruit jump from the glass. Crisp apple, pear and lemon myrtle glide along a fresh mineral palate that prickles with intensity and texture. Such a long finish. Yummm!
- This Arneis is back for 2019 (2018 vintage had a 90% buy it again rating so we couldn't not bring it back!). It is a $50 bottle of wine any day of the week - but Angel funding has made it possible to over-deliver on winemaking tools, wine quality and price.
- Partially fermented in two handcrafted Tuscan-clay, 500 litre Amphorae. Wow! These big pots are integral to the Nodus Tollens style and are testament to centuries old, traditional methods of winemaking.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Welcome back to an absolute Angel favourite, the perfect crowd pleaser Hero Pinot Grigio! Jen's passion and skill are evident in every sip of this outstanding treat. Pears and citrus fruit aromas will get you all excited for the first pour, oozing energy to match our red head's fiery personality.
- Pristine Pinot Grigio fruit parcels give the wine a phenomenal textural foundation. The elevation of the select vineyards ensures cool climate characteristics shine through - bright crunchy fruit flavours that will pair wonderfully with a spread of quality cheeses, white meat dishes or simply enjoyed on it's own as the sun sets.
- With a dry, fine and lingering finish, you'll be thirsty for more! Every vintage of this wine has repeatedly scored 90%+ buy-again Angel reviews. This delicious Pinot Grigio is from the one and only Jen Pfeiffer. Enjoy every sip of another wine made possible by Angel backing!
- The latest vintage of Liz's cracking Pinot Grigio is here! It's the ultimate crowd pleaser, with the last vintage scoring a huge 92% buy-again rating from thousands of Angels.
- Like its Italian inspiration, this Pinot Grigio was created in a long and slender style. Pear and honeydew melon aromas are supported by lime undertones. Crisp and fresh, this wine will treat you to peach and citrus notes lingering long after the last mouthful has gone!
- Grown in the Murray Darling region of NSW, the limestone chalk soil characters are reflected in the texture of this beauty. Imagine a classic sports car with clean lines, ridged structure, understated power and a smooth performance - this bargain white is a clear winner!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their ultimate offering. These premium wines are hand crafted to capture the true essence of the Yarra Valley region. There's nothing old school about this Chardonnay - it is modern and fresh! It's certainly a classy drop for those looking to take their wine journey to the next level.
The Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay was hand picked from low yielding vines, naturally fermented in French oak and matured for a further 9 months. You’ll be awestruck by the hazelnut and grapefruit aromas and flavours all beautifully wrapped up and balanced by a hint of oak and melon. The gorgeous acidity gives this luxe wine an impressively long finish.
Best of all, the price is an unbelievable exclusive for Angels who want to treat themselves to premium Yarra Valley quality without forking out on an over inflated price tag.
- Get ready for a crunchy, dry and fresh mouthfeel that make this drop not only the perfect food wine, but also wonderful to enjoy on its own. Textbook pear, citrus blossom and fresh apple aromas sing out, all the crisp and lively characters that make Italian whites so enjoyable!
- Pinot Grigio is a hugely popular Italian varietal found traditionally in the North Eastern regions of Lombardy, Alto Adige, Friuli-Venezia and right where Rob's family came from, the Veneto! The sunny Mediterranean style climate of Rob's Aussie home region the Riverina provides the ideal conditions for growing Italian grape varietals.
- It's hard to find a guy more passionate about NSW wine than Rob, and you’d be hard pressed to find a wine more food friendly than this! Blending portions of both warm and cool climate fruit gives the best of both worlds - fruit forward balanced with structure that will age. What's not to love - a little slice of Italy delivered to your door for under $12!