Cathy & Neil Howard have created a magical blend of Shiraz and Viognier. Two varietals from two vineyards. Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and blended in French oak barrels for 18 months.
You’ll find aromas of blueberries, raspberries and cherries, with a delicate floral, rose-like aroma thanks to the Viognier. On the palate, the red and dark berry flavours continue, and are balanced by a soft, velvety tannin structure.
A soft, slightly savoury style and one that has texture too! Flavour and length, means that it is a great wine to match with food. It's not too heavy, and not too light! It's a wine which will cellar well too, if you have the patience to store it away for a few years.
- Cathy & Neil control everything about this wine from the vineyards right through to the bottle. They know exactly how it's been grown, how it's been produced and have kept true to their winemaking and growing philosophies.
- It’s made from a blend of 2 different grape varieties, from 3 different vineyards, in 3 different grape growing regions in WA. Each of these parts is unique and are expertly blended together to create the perfect wine!
- Deep, inky purple in colour, this decadent drop tastes of blueberries, blackberries, mocha and dark chocolate. You might sniff a hint of nutmeg and nuts in the background. It's rich, velvety and deliciously long on the tongue.
The latest Nodus Tollens has hit the Naked shelves - the new premium range from our wild child of the West, Paul Nelson.This sensational full bodied Syrah is rich and round.
Plush, ripe Shiraz grapes leads the way with black pepper spice, then a thimble of Tempranillo adds savoury and smoked meat notes and then a touch of Viognier gives the wine a delicate floral lift.
A perfect Red for your next scrumptious BBQ. Yummm! You better get your skates on, once your fellow Angels find out this cracking red won’t be around for long.
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The all-star dream team of Caroline Dunn and Nigel Dolan give us another show stopping red!
Bursting with juicy mulberry, black cherry and blackberry characters with a touch of Cabernet leafiness and a telltale hint of regional eucalyptus. A silky soft tannin finish with plenty of lingering, mouthwatering flavour.
A soft plush lush red that punches well above its weight. It won’t be around for long!
- Another cracking vintage has come and gone in the gorgeous coastal wine regions of South Australia, bringing on the premium fruit that has gone in to this wonderful red! Berries and subtle spice will dance around your tongue as the medium to full bodied mouth feel follows through. All this yum factor plus structure and tannin to finish, need we say more?
- This warming and moreish red exemplifies the Hoopers' dedication to minimal intervention winemaking and excellence in producing cool climate styles. If you're after an undeniably elegant Shiraz that will seduce you with hints of chocolate, then get this gem in your basket quick smart.
- The maritime influence of their location makes all the difference, keeping temperatures down so that fruit ripens slower, leading to extremely high concentration of flavours. All up, you'd be mad to miss trying this creature, especially at under $14 for Angels!
- Rating stupendous year-after-year above 90% buy-again from thousands of Angels, you can look forward to the same incredible quality fruit from Geographe. Plus, a generous portion of Perth Hills fruit adds delicate spice and structure. Each sip delivers ripe, bouncy characteristics that will have you searching for another bottle in no time (to share around of course).
- The palate is balanced and approachable with a slightly spicy edge. It's the perfect dry Shiraz for those wanting something other than a big powerful red. Seductive hints of sweet oak elements ride alongside ripe plum, rounding out a voluptuous and generous mouthfeel. The wine is curvy and soft, yet has a definite structure with silky tannins. The fruit flavours come together like a song, in harmony with oak layers and an enduring finish.
- With 20 years of winemaking knowledge poured into every element of Ben's winemaking process, there is no doubt he has nailed this Shiraz once again. Layers have started to evolve and the hints of both French and American oak will be more prominent. Best to stock up with a few and compare this wine as it develops from year to year, right?
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stu’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, was sourced from a fifth generation family owned single-vineyard on the banks of the Para River, Barossa Valley.
This exquisite red was open fermented, basket pressed, aged in new and older French oak hogsheads for almost 2 years. The Four Men are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. Sensational bright dark blue and black fruits with rich firm tannins and gorgeous length of ripe flavour and a deliciously soft finish.
It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. It’ll hold its own against any top-end Aussie Cabernet - anywhere, anytime!
- With only 8 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
- A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet and Malbec, this is a truly rich wine with blackberry, plum and cherry fruit on the nose supported by a soft and rich palate with firm tannins. It's an undeniable crowd pleaser!
- Top Shelf class for under $18 and with a huge Angel following from past vintages, there is no doubt this will have you smiling from ear to ear. Adam has pumped up every element using top quality fruit so that you can enjoy full flavour, balanced texture and have your guests asking where/what/how??!
- Another cracking star in Adam's line-up of reds that champions South Australia's Clare Valley, this is likely to top any red lover's list of go-to classics!
- Naked's big Barossa beauty is back! Rated a whopping 93% or above every vintage, this stunner was crafted with grapes from exceptional low-yielding old vines with proven nutrient rich grapes a-plenty. You'll be taken to planet YUM with each sip. Just think - layers of blackcurrants, cinnamon and mocha, spice. The palate is tight, rich and round - the perfect winter warmer!
- This wine is truly Naked in every sense. It was lovingly produced by our masterful South Australian Red specialist Adam Barton, who now has freedom and room for creativity in his winery like never before thanks to your Angel backing.
- Firm tannins give the wine great texture, mouthfeel and persistence of flavour. Thousands of Angels will be falling over themselves after loving this last vintage, so you can be sure you're on to a winner.