- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- 2018 was an outstanding year for reds in both the Riverina region and the cool climate region of the Hilltops. Rob has delivered a drop that exhibits textbook Shiraz complexity and intensity - a serious Shiraz, without the serious price tag.
- The cool Hilltops fruit component provides the elegant food friendly structure, along with aromas of dark cherry and pepper spice. The Riverina portion is responsible for the wine's rich core of fruit layers - think intense plum and red berries. Together with the subtleness of maturation in oak, the final product is soft and full-bodied with layers that will make your mouth water!
- Rob has made wine all around the world, and knows that Shiraz is truly the great Australian red! This wine was inspired by his family's vineyard, established by his late Grandfather, which is mostly full of gorgeous Shiraz.
- Rob has worked his magic again, blending warm and cool climate grapes to deliver a downright moreish Red! The warm Riverina component is responsible for providing the wine’s intense blackcurrant and dark cherry layers. The cool Hilltops component provides the fine tannin structure and complexity, along with aromas of cedar spice and fresh mint. All up, you're in for a soft and full-bodied wine with balance and structure.
- With bright crimson with red hues, you'll be treated to aromas of blackcurrant and dark cherry with hints of wild berry, fresh mint and subtle spicy oak. Maturation in a mix of French and American oak added richness and complexity. Pairing this drop alongside a tasty meal will reward, as each sip will linger long on your palate and enhance your food's flavours. Enough to make your mouth water just thinking of it all…
- At under $12 for Angels only, a wine containing this much quality fruit is great value! A wonderful win for those with a flair for Red wine and red meat combos, and a win for all the Angels who made it possible. This is a serious Cabernet without the serious price tag so dive in today!
- Prepare your tastebuds - Liz's sell-out Merlot is back! With an irresistible nose of black berries, blackcurrents and touch of fresh mint, you'll be hard pressed not to dive in to your glass. The aromas continue on the carefully structured mid-palate, with a lingering finish that will make your food match sing even more.
- The Merlot was fermented with a typical Bordeaux style yeast strain to show off the full potential this gorgeous grape varietal. The malolactic ferment was managed with gentle pumpovers to maximize colour extraction while maintaining the juicy soft tannins and classic warming Merlot characters we all love so much.
- Ageing a wine of this quality in French oak has ensured another winning Merlot from Liz, which will no doubt put on a repeat performance after the last vintage flew out the door. It returned Angel praises to the tune of a huge 92% buy-again rating! Don't dilly-dally, pop this boutique-run winter treat in your basket today.
- This ripping Shiraz comes from 65 year old vines in beautiful Broke, where Andrew began the process of crafting a dry red wine balanced with fresh acidity and savoury complexity.
- Fine and fruit driven, the red berry flavours give a natural intensity to each delightful sip...you'll be re-filling your glass in no time! This wine is back by popular demand - thousands of Angels can't be wrong!
- This is a truly versatile wine, ready to delight your dinner party guests or just as easily bring in a quiet evening on the porch with a platter of nibbles. With wines of this region usually weighing in at above $30 per bottle, Andrew has truly outdone himself this year.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
Liz’s Signature Cabernet Sauvignon returns again after its 94% buy it again rating from Angel’s.
Impenetrably deep ruby in colour with intense cassis aromas and a touch of white pepper. You’ll be lovin’ this full bodied Cabernet with yummy toasty flavours and hints of black cherry and green olive, all wrapped up with a savoury spicy finish that goes on and on!.
An excellent single varietal wine from a premium Australian wine region loaded with complexity at a bargain price of under $15 for Angels!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
- Soft tannins, a medium body and completely moorish layers of tongue teasing berries will have you reaching for a re-fill! This drop is great to drink on its own or with a meal. At under $13 a bottle, it certainly punches above its weight!
- Andrew Leembruggen crafts his Hilltops range wih a fine and fruit driven experience in mind. He wants to emphasise the natural fruit flavours, spice and perfume that are all gifted by the grapes of this incredible region.
- The Hilltops wine region lies in southern NSW and includes the shires of Boorowa, Harden and Young. Young has an altitude of 440m which means cool nights coupled with warm days allowing for the production of reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.