Stu Pym’s single vineyard Swan Valley Grenache sourced from stunningly mature, established 40 and 80 year old vines at the foothills of the Darling Range will blow your mind! The immaculate fruit has produced a rare treat, especially for Angels like yourself.
Hand picked, then 80% crushed to small open fermenters, the remaining 20% added to the open fermenter as whole bunches. Plunged three times a day, the wine remained on the grape skins for a further 9 days to allow the tannins to soften. Then, transferred to old barrels and three terracotta amphorae remaining there for a further year prior to being bottled with no filtration.
Ripe,spicy red fruits dominate with a subtle underlying leathery note. The palate is full, textural and rich, retaining a beautiful suppleness. The tannins are brilliantly integrated so you sense a firmness to the wine. This is a gloriously flavoursome wine with body, texture and fantastic length of flavour. A wine from vines as old as this is such a rare treat. Perfect with roast rack of lamb and fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
Sam’s super single-vineyard Shiraz comes from the Gentle Annie vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. This relatively dry site produces a low yielding crop of very small berries, giving a deeply coloured wine with extraordinary concentration of flavour.
The fruit was harvested over the first three weeks in March which produced a range of flavours from the early pick being more peppery through to the more richer jammy later parcels.
This superb shiraz has an incredibly deep red colour showing a youthful vibrant magenta at the edges. It has great intensity of flavour with blueberry fruits, along with a sweet spice and almost a chocolatey note. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour finishing with silky fine grained tannins.
Jen's Diamond Cab Sauv received the Rolls Royce treatment every step of the way from vine to bottle. Made using only the best parcels of fruit, it was handcrafted in tiny batches and matured in the finest of French oak.
Truly a powerful wine, it is packed with upfront black berry fruits with hints of mint and dried herbs lingering on the long finish. Such a lovely texture on the palate with a great depth and dark berry flavours that'll have you coming back for more!
Last years release scored a massive 91% buy-again rating and sold out quickly! It's nigh impossible to find a wine of this quality for under $20 anywhere else, so why not make the most of your Angel backing and stock up on a couple of these Top Shelf treasures.
- Leighton’s Top Shelf Cabernet, single vineyard from the family vineyard is sure to tick all your boxes. Top quality fruit, top quality oak equals an amazing wine experience.
A diverse wine with sweet tasting fruit flavours of strawberry, cherry through to blackberry and fig. Hints of chinotto and quinine are carried on waves of vibrant fruit, with toasted Hungarian oak in equal stride.
This complex union of fruit and oak is robust in its structure, with highly integrated fine tannin joining the party, and kicking on at the back of the palate. Everything about this wine is intense!
Rob’s ‘new’ Petit Sirah is a rich and full-bodied varietal with incredible intensity and power... if you like BIG reds, this is definitely the wine for you! Petite Sirah is a wine with the potential to age extremely well due to its great tannin structure.
- You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
To get a premium single-vineyard red for under $14.00 Angel price is an absolute steal! Don't be that Anel that misses out.
The fruit for this wine was grown on the Forest Hut vineyard in the Pyrenees wine region of Victoria. An unirrigated vineyard growing small tiny berries packed with colour and flavour.
The Shiraz has an inky depth of colour and shows a lovely magenta red at the rim. The aroma is of dark cherries, chocolate and also a blackcurrant note. On the palate the wine is rich and has a plush 'slipperiness' to it. A great concentration of flavour, and loads of power and weight, but combined with a roundness which makes it a really enjoyable drink.
I'm always hesitant to publicly mention benchmark wines from this vineyard, but can I say that this is up there with some of the best Australian Shiraz, that would comfortably sit with wines over $60 per bottle.
- Angels, thousands of you sang out to the tune of a huge over 90% buy-again rating the last four vintages, so one of your faves is back! Luke has upheld his long term goal, only releasing this Top Shelf Cab once aged to perfection in French oak. The palate shows off layers of blackberry and liquorice spice with refined and smooth tannins. A guaranteed scrumptious winter warmer!
- The wine was hand crafted using pristine single vineyard grapes from 40 year-old Coonawarra vines. The region is hands down the number one region for Cabernet in the Southern Hemisphere. Take one sip of this liquid gold and you'll taste the dividends of Luke's extra years of investment in ageing.
- At under $20 for Angels, the value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious gem you'll be wanting to stock up on!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Last vintage scored a cracking buy-again rating of 97% from hundreds of Angels. Daryl has done it again, so you are in for an incredible treat with the fastest moving wine - Naked folklore sees it race off our shelves every year.
- When working for Penfolds, Daryl saw where the best fruit came from and so bought a vineyard directly opposite, in the Barossa sub-region of Kalimna, to supply his own Shiraz grapes. This wine isn't made in the same style as Grange but the essence of the wine - the quality of the fruit - is the same.
- This is all about the fruit! Super sexy slightly spicy, intense black fruits and some chocolate. Amazingly complex with an outstanding length of flavour, all delivered to you for under $25 bucks as an Angel. Unbelievable!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stuart Bourne’s small batch trial wines have returned! A forward thinking, innovative, ground breaking, experiment of small scale, emerging Mediterranean varietals from the beating heart of the Barossa.
Beautiful lifted spicy notes with soft red berry fleshy hints. Medium bodied, bright, fresh and vibrant. So gluggable on its own or match it with the best prosciutto you can find.
With only 3 barrels made, this extremely rare Barossa gem is sure to fly out of the store. Don’t miss out on your chance to discover the wow factor!