WE'RE NOT SURE
Ever since launch day two years ago, Dolan & Dunn’s sublime red has sold out in a flash. Now, one of the most eagerly anticipated wines returns to the Naked shelves exclusively for Angels. You simply cannot get a more experienced or powerful Australian winemaking team than this. At all. Anywhere!
This elegant, robust, delicious wine has Barossa character and richness stamped all over it. Gear up for a plush, luscious palate with hints of loganberry, mulberry, blackberry and a touch of cherry and fennel-seed spiciness. Juicy fruit mingles with subtle oak driving to a finish that lasts and lasts… pick that chin up off the floor!
Under $19 for this deliciousness is an Angel-only privilege. Caroline and Nigel have over 60 years of brilliant Barossa winemaking experience between them and, extraordinarily, had never made a wine together...until NOW!
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Margaret River go hand in hand, and the whole wine world knows it! Renowned for its perfect growing conditions year in year out, there is little wonder that Stuart has hand-selected local grape sites for this show stopper. After the juice spent 24 months in French Oak to integrate the bolder notes, Stuart's labour of love has resulted in a dense drop that is perfect in every way.
- The depth and dimension of the wine's aromas suggest that this is something serious and long living. Your glass will fill with layers of red and blueberries, blackcurrants and a touch of nutty spice. Everything comes together like the sweetest choir you've ever heard!
- All this class has fantastic length and finishes with abundant fine grained tannins. In some ways the wine is brooding and introspective, and in other ways it's bursting with vibrance. Sophisticated and seductive now, it will only get better with age!
- With his extensive winemaking experience, there is no doubt Gary Knows Stuff, like this wine displaying black cherry and white pepper aromas, and delivering the prime qualities of his cool climate region in each sip.
- Savoury and juicy ripe black fruit dance around on the palate, with subtle char and vanilla notes perfectly integrated into smooth, structured tannins. All this leads to a finish with a spicy and peppery edge. In a crowd, this bottle will go in a flash with so many moreish characters!
- Top Great Southern producers like Howard Park, Plantagenet, Alkoomi and Frankland River sell their Shiraz for between $20-25 a bottle, yet Angels only pay $13.99. It's gotta be Naked!
- The fruit comes from the Gentle Annie Vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. The vines struggle in this relatively dry site, producing a low yielding crop of very small berries. The small berries mean there is a high proportion of skins compared to juice, and because most of the flavour and colour comes from the skins, this gives us really intense colour and flavour!
- This full bodied wine has a very deep colour, intense blackcurrant cordial aromatics, a splash of tomato bush in the background and also a sweet spice character from the oak.
- The wine spends 14 months in oak, mainly French and American, but two hogsheads of Hungarian oak, give a real punch of sweet spice. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour and mouth coating fine grained tannins.
Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s 100% Langhorne Creek Shiraz Cab Malbec returns and has been blended to perfection. Showing a brightness and brooding complexity this wine displays a lovely elegance and generous mouthfeel - perfect for the cooler months.
From the first pour you’ll be mesmerised by deep red purple hues, delightful aromas of plums, blueberries and black olives and beautifully soft, velvety tannins.
Geoff has done everything to let the fruit shine: from harvesting in the cool of the night, maturing in American and French oak and then expertly blended to create this beautifully balanced wine.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The stars aligned for this superb wine... great weather and all winemaking went to plan! The result... an incredible red to suit any occasion!
- Direct from the Margaret River; this wine has rich and juicy fruit which is fine and well balanced.
- A wine that is a cut above the rest, it's benchmarks are the ultra competitive Cabernet Merlot wines that come through the important players in Margaret River.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s incredible GSM has structure and length, and is just so damn ‘slurpy’!
Sourced from rare gnarly old Barossa vines up to 100+ years of age the Grenache component drives everything with lifted aromas of strawberry fruits all wrapped up with spicy dark plum characters from the Shiraz and Mataro.
Try and find a wine with this pedigree in all those supermarket stores and you'll be paying anywhere up to 5 times as much - yep!
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 520 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Last vintage scored a cracking buy-again rating of 97% from hundreds of Angels. Daryl has done it again, so you are in for an incredible treat with the fastest moving wine - Naked folklore sees it race off our shelves every year.
- When working for Penfolds, Daryl saw where the best fruit came from and so bought a vineyard directly opposite, in the Barossa sub-region of Kalimna, to supply his own Shiraz grapes. This wine isn't made in the same style as Grange but the essence of the wine - the quality of the fruit - is the same.
- This is all about the fruit! Super sexy slightly spicy, intense black fruits and some chocolate. Amazingly complex with an outstanding length of flavour, all delivered to you for under $25 bucks as an Angel. Unbelievable!