- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
- Good things come to those who wait, and the wait is over! It is back by popular demand... and we just couldn't get this 96% rated stunner back quick enough. Of course, it's Angels who get priority access to the final release of her outstanding Clare Valley Shiraz.
- With elegance and finesse, this wine drips with quality. The single-vineyard 30 year old vines are located in Penwortham, at the centre of the world renowned Clare Valley. Having been matured in American oak barrels, it's a wine that has aged wonderfully and become more complex and concentrated.
- Your glass will show beautifully deep crimson colours with a vibrant red hue. The fresh boysenberry aromas are complimented by chocolate, white pepper and spice. Shiraz lovers will delighted with the palate; dominated by red berry flavours, pepper and spice. Medium bodied with a long and persistent finish, this is a top class Shiraz without the top class price. Another win for the Angels who made it possible!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 520 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
- Get ready for a full bodied and ripe red wine with some grippy tannins typical of Cabernet. An impressive drop that is well balanced, you'll have envious friends wanting to try a glass!
- This wine is quite intensely perfumed and for Sam, big flavour is an indicator of high quality.
- Think Blackcurrant with some menthol and eucalyptus notes. Chocolaty oak is also evident on the nose. This wine is quite simply moreish!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Geoff Thompson is a multi award-winning winemaking rockstar. He has been passionately crafting premium deliciousness for Angels since the very early days of the Naked Wines journey and is one of your most loved winemakers.
Get prepared for a truly phenomenal array of blackberry, plum, blueberry, spice, savoury and deliciously dark aromas and flavours. This is a highly intense wine with superb balance, elegance and length with tannins that are velvety soft. This Shiraz drinks like a $60-80 bottle!
Geoff suggests you grab a few bottles while you can (as it will sell out!) and tuck them away for a few years and see the magnificent rewards that cellaring will bring.
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s incredible GSM has structure and length, and is just so damn ‘slurpy’!
Sourced from rare gnarly old Barossa vines up to 100+ years of age the Grenache component drives everything with lifted aromas of strawberry fruits all wrapped up with spicy dark plum characters from the Shiraz and Mataro.
Try and find a wine with this pedigree in all those supermarket stores and you'll be paying anywhere up to 5 times as much - yep!
Grapes were sourced from the acclaimed Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa. Caroline’s fresh, uncomplicated approach to winemaking allows the fruit to speak for itself.
The wine was matured in seasoned French oak for 18 months to promote a soft, silky texture and subtle complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Bright, fragrant aromas of blood-plum, mulberry, blueberry and blackberry, with hints of star anise, savoury spice and red licorice.
A uniquely Australian red with a distinctive, evocative style. This iconic Barossa variety is given a graceful, modern twist. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with a juicy rib-eye steak with crispy leeks and potatoes or barbecued lamb ribs with chilli-plum sauce!
Gentle handling during fermentation on skins in small, open fermenters has allowed for optimum extraction of flavour and fine balanced tannins.
The wine was matured in seasoned, spicy French oak for 15 months to soften and develop richness and complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Delightfully evocative of its Barossa roots with complex aromas of black cherry, pomegranate, cranberry and violet, with hints of wild herbs, juniper and savoury spice.
A uniquely Australian red. Such an interesting and different variety with a savoury twist and a dry finish that’s a great match with gnocchi with mushrooms and blue cheese or grilled lamb cutlets. Yummo!
- Delicate currants, with earthy characters and undertones of berry and rhubarb delite the nose. Hints of light smoke, clove and light spice result from fermentation and oak maturation.
- Thomas pours his passion into crafting his own wines and championing NSW wines on the larger stage - and why not with access to such full-flavoured warm climate fruit, which he has used to craft this gorgeous Cab. It displays balanced acidity and a rich, smooth, fruity mid-palate.
- Mudgee's full-flavoured warm climate, has played a major role in the Australian Wine Industry and has gained huge notoriety among winemaking circles. Get in on this scrumptious red wine while it's still here!