WE'RE NOT SURE
Ben couldn’t wait to make this special Mendoza Cab Franc for Angels! It’s a variety he simply doesn’t get the chance to play with back home in Margaret River. Intense red in colour and beautifully balanced with enticing spicy aromas of black pepper, liquorice and a touch of cassis.
Having the pick of the finest Mendoza vineyards, Ben made this strictly limited production from a single vineyard at the foot of the Andes.
Nothing was spared in the making of this classic red. Matured for a luxurious 12 months in a combo of 75% French oak and 25% American oak, and then into an oh-so-impressive tapered bottle and closed under traditional cork. Um, got a corkscrew?
- Angels, Adrian & Rebecca have delivered a dreamy drop with a whole lotta attitude. Deep brooding flavours of bramble and dark spicy fruit are teamed with balanced oak, earthy notes and strong tannins.
- Certainly one to decant, this wine has a long life ahead of it! Give it time, slow the pace and kick your feet up while it breathes. Perfect to serve with hearty meals or good quality cheese.
- Durif is a hybrid variety that originates in France, although it is not grown there so much these days. It is now grown extensively throughout Australia and the California - it loves a warm climate. Durif produces small berries with thick skins, so creates quite bold, deep colored and tannic wines.
- Rich red lovers, brace yourself! Black currant, fresh berry, bell pepper and chocolatey layers will all greet you with a lip smacking bang, followed by a deliciously long finish. Fine French oak has tied each element together seamlessly.
- It all must begin with sunning fruit, sourced from an incredible rocky vineyard in Willyabrup, Margaret River which brings out character in each vine. Nigel is a one man band, and his incredible attention to detail pays dividends in each shed born baby of an Evoi wine. The sense of place is undeniable in this drop, showing off the premium climatic conditions that Margaret is known for around the world.
- Nigel's previous vintage was snapped up off Naked shelves quickly last year, so jump in while this treasure is still around. This is for the lover's of Nigel's big flavour, grippy tannin combo!
Stuart Bourne’s small batch trial wines have returned! A forward thinking, innovative, ground breaking, experiment of small scale, emerging Mediterranean varietals from the beating heart of the Barossa.
Dark and brooding with delicious spicy aromas backed up by ripe dark fruits. Silky soft tannins with an incredible length of flavour. It just begs for great food and friends. Perfect with homemade pizza or any rich tomato and garlic based pasta sauce.
With only 4 barrels made this extremely rare Barossa gem is sure to fly off the Naked virtual shelves. Don’t miss out on your chance to discover this blockbuster!
Leighton’s Top Shelf, single vineyard, Shiraz is sure to delight the senses. Grown from the family vineyard in the Pyrenees, given the 'Rolls Royce' treatment, you know it is sure to blow your mind!
The vineyard incorporates both conventional and organic practice in the field, with soil aeration, composting, mulching, and sheep grazing all adding to a sustainable approach. Fruit quality is paramount.
This wine is sexy! Aroma and palate gain intrigue with time in the glass, unearthing tales of cherry, plum, candied orange and blanck peppercorn. The silky smooth mouthfeel will have you coming back for more.
- Complexity with refined balance - it's all part of the service when you run a finely tuned engine! Hamish has packed in pristine quality McLaren fruit parcels and crafted this beautifully balanced drop, with plenty of length to savour.
- Charming red and purple hues will catch your eye, just as the mouth watering aromas of delicious plump cherries and light herbal notes hit your nose! With a label this gorgeous you'll want to show off the bottle even before you discover the captivating palate for yourself.
- Think layers of blackberry, plum, chocolate, sweet eucalypt and a captivating hint of timeworn leather and spices. Wines of this region, blend and quality simply don't exist for under $20 at your local, so it goes without saying this is a seriously smart Angel buy. Not just a pretty face, this baby has got buckets of quality to go the extra mile and make any night one to remember!
This wine is the sublime Top Shelf Cabernet from young gun Rob Paulazzo, who has already racked up over 50,000 ratings from thousands of Angel fans. If you're not already shaking with excitement, keep in mind the gorgeous hand harvested Cab fruit of this wine comes directly from Hilltops, one of Australia's burgeoning cool-climate red wine regions. Why not get ahead of the curve?!
Aromas of blackberry, red current, black olive, subtle mint and toasty oak will have you reaching for another sip.
Gorgeously medium bodied, elegant, intense and supreme length of flavour. This can be all yours to savour! Nuances of juicy black fruits, dark chocolate and silky cassis add further complexity while you ponder a finish that is just sooo good. Pick that jaw off the floor! (unless of course, you're gawking at the Angel price under $19 because that really is quite exceptional).
BTW, the 2016 release of this wine scored 95 Halliday points!
Paul sourced the Cabernet fruit from one of Frankland Rivers premier vineyards. This is a complex red blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Cabernet Franc.
2014 was a sublime vintage. This wine is beautifully balanced and displays a perfect tannic structure. An exuberant and lifted nose displays vibrant red and purple fruits with a compote of fresh lavender. The palate has a good acidity with juicy fruit and grippy tannins to complete the picture.
Limited release and a bargain for a wine that could retail for $50 or more. Ultra premium fruit and a prodigious use of new oak (80%) has yielded a very high quality red wine that is drinking well now but will reward many years cellaring.from an excellent vintage.
- P.s. checkout the back label to find Paul Nelson’s perfect Spotify playlist to enjoy with this wine.
WE'RE NOT SURE
A unique blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot grown in the Riverina and Hilltops regions of NSW showing true varietal expression, intense flavours and deep rich colour.
Get ready for enticing aromas of blackcurrant and violets complemented by hints of red cherry and subtle toasted oak.
Rich and full-bodied this red shows intense black plum and flavours of wild blueberry. The velvety smooth tannin structure and spicy oak influence provide exceptional length to this generous, rich and complex wine.
- Leighton’s Top Shelf Cabernet, single vineyard from the family vineyard is sure to tick all your boxes. Top quality fruit, top quality oak equals an amazing wine experience.
A diverse wine with sweet tasting fruit flavours of strawberry, cherry through to blackberry and fig. Hints of chinotto and quinine are carried on waves of vibrant fruit, with toasted Hungarian oak in equal stride.
This complex union of fruit and oak is robust in its structure, with highly integrated fine tannin joining the party, and kicking on at the back of the palate. Everything about this wine is intense!