You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2018.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stu’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, was sourced from a fifth generation family owned single-vineyard on the banks of the Para River, Barossa Valley.
This exquisite red was open fermented, basket pressed, aged in new and older French oak hogsheads for almost 2 years. The Four Men are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. Sensational bright dark blue and black fruits with rich firm tannins and gorgeous length of ripe flavour and a deliciously soft finish.
It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. It’ll hold its own against any top-end Aussie Cabernet - anywhere, anytime!
- With only 8 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rory's Naked classic returns, thanks to Angel backing! He has selected fruit from vineyards located in the warmer, drier Northern Margaret River which consistently produce ripe, flavoursome, high quality fruit, an essential starting point...
- You'll notice a mysterious, dark inky core with a lighter purple hue, before enjoying lifted aromas of blackcurrants. The Malbec component contributes classic layers of dark plums and violets. All this is tied together with earthy cedar and tobacco nuances thanks to maturation in French oak.
- Thanks to the freedom that is inherent with the streamlined Naked model, Rory was able to achieve exactly the structure, tannin and flavour balance he was after. Adding Malbec to this predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon wine means you're in for a treat with more complexity in the mid-palate..think mulberries and rich texture. Look no further if you're after a big, robust wine with generous chalky tannins. Don't forget the red meat to pair and let this baby reach it's full potential!
Anyone looking for a wine with body and flavour is on to a winner here! Shiraz as a variety is particularly sensitive to climate in terms of the style it will produce, and it's because of this that Brian likes to grow his red fruit in the northern end of Margaret River. Your cellar will benefit immensely with a few of these pocket-friendly premium wines in stock before the rest of the world catches on to how outstanding Margaret River Shiraz really is!
Shiraz can range from spicy and lifted (for example from Gippsland) to rich and dark (McLaren Vale). Brian's Reserve Shiraz sits right in the middle of this spectrum, with nice spicy fruit, yet with a beautiful medium bodied feel to it all.
Your glass will fill with a deep red and purple in colour, delivering tantalising dark berries with each sip, expressing both oak and fruit beautifully. Some whole bunches were added along the way for their woody stems, giving the wine a textured lift. Enjoy!
- With cool climate reds sky rocketing in popularity, this wine is guaranteed to leave you dizzy with delight while enjoying its rich core of dark berries and a smattering of spice. On top of all this, each sip coats your mouth and seems to linger for a tasty eternity.
- The Great Southern is remote even by WA standards so it takes a special winemaker to be across all the varying climates and vineyard sites. Thankfully Gary knows stuff, so he finds the best parcels, blends them together, to create magic.
- This incredible Top Shelf Cabernet draws on a few secret weapons - smaller doses of Shiraz and Malbec - to fill out the palate and make each mouthful even more luscious. It's made in small quantities, so if you get in quick you'll learn all the Stuff that Gary Knows is too good to miss!
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
The legend that is Adam Barton has just released his first ever Cellar Works Shiraz. A blend of fruit from the premium SA regions of Langhorne Creek, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale it’s sure to impress red wine lovers!
Get yourself ready for lashings of juicy, rich black fruits, spice and and a touch of dark chocolate aromas. Flavours are full and round with beautifully soft tannins that add to the length and sheer persistence of flavour.
This is the perfect weeknight tipple that’ll pair sensationally with pizza, spaghetti, bangers and mash or even a yummy roast. Incredible bang-for-buck value at under $13 for Angels - this is sure to become a household staple.
- Good things come to those who wait, and the wait is over! It is back by popular demand... and we just couldn't get this 96% rated stunner back quick enough. Of course, it's Angels who get priority access to the final release of her outstanding Clare Valley Shiraz.
- With elegance and finesse, this wine drips with quality. The single-vineyard 30 year old vines are located in Penwortham, at the centre of the world renowned Clare Valley. Having been matured in American oak barrels, it's a wine that has aged wonderfully and become more complex and concentrated.
- Your glass will show beautifully deep crimson colours with a vibrant red hue. The fresh boysenberry aromas are complimented by chocolate, white pepper and spice. Shiraz lovers will delighted with the palate; dominated by red berry flavours, pepper and spice. Medium bodied with a long and persistent finish, this is a top class Shiraz without the top class price. Another win for the Angels who made it possible!
- This is a seriously enjoyable wine, perfect for any red lover! Jock has crafted his Shiraz with juicy, dark purple plum, violets and bright red berries front and centre on the palate.
- With regional quality packed in, you'll be enjoying a hint of spice and iconic chocolatey hints every sip of the way.
- The whole experience from aroma to taste is smooth, well balanced and uncomplicated. It's the perfect dry red to usher in cooler weather and share with some lucky company!