You guessed it - the best of the best. This rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Rich, brooding dark red, blue and black fruits with silky smooth oak and abundantly rich flavours.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels from 5 local grape growing families growers throughout the Barossa. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stu, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2017.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved with the fruit when they have to. It doesn't get much more ‘small scale’, ‘hand crafted’ or ‘artisanal high-end’ than this. With only 500 cases in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, this vintage marks the return of a champion (93% rated!) - it won't stick around long.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Margaret River’s superior growing conditions meant that it was deliberately chosen back in the 60s as a premium winegrowing region.
Get ready for a top-shelf Shiraz of rare excellence - the quality of the fruit sourced from the north of ‘Margs’ is next level. Partial barrel fermentation has lead to an intensely flavoured red with complex briar characters flowing right the way through.
Your glass will fill with a wine that’s deep red and purple, delivering tantalising dark berries and spiciness with each sip, expressing both oak and fruit beautifully. Some whole bunches were added along the way for their woody stems, giving the wine a sensational textured lift. Stock up before the rest of the world catches on to how truly outstanding Margaret River Shiraz really is.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate - Mount Gambier - from soils that are totally unique - limestone and flint pebbles. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide super flavour concentration, balanced by very cool nights driven by the extremely cold southern ocean. Every afternoon cooling sea breezes reduce the temperature and retain the natural grape acids during the ripening season.
- Machine harvested at night time to retain the fresh flavours. The grapes were destemmed without crushing and pressed as soon as possible to minimise the phenolic and colour extraction from the skins.
- Aromas of fresh crisp apple and a delicious hint of rose petals drive through to lip-smacking, mouth-watering flavours of limes, ripe pear and spice. Ahhh, yummm!
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams is a Barossa legend. This super premium shiraz is modelled after a wine extremely close to his heart. Yep, he made the iconic Yalumba Octavius from inception in 1988 right through to 1999.
Juicy, rich and supple with a complex mix of red and blue berries and an underlying power of mocha and coffee. This delicious character is a direct result of maturation in the oak that has been extra air dried prior to barrel making.
Amazing length of flavour and richness on the palate and a long future that will reward cellaring for 15 years.
- Anna and Derek return with the very best of their craft delivering another outstanding vintage of their Uncharted Shiraz. Authenticity is reflected in the Hooper's approach to both wines and life, letting Mother Nature lead the way, following certified bio-dynamic winemaking techniques.
- Premium fruit parcels, intrinsic flavour intensity and complex layers make the berry and spice layers of this wine sing out. Get ready for a lovely dry medium body and lusciously long finish. Yum!
- With its elegance and ever developing flavours, the past vintage of this Shiraz rated through the roof with our Angels at 92%. It will only improve gracefully over the years, so get it in your basket before this vintage gets snapped up!
- It's back! This is a deep brooding red, just as gorgeous on the nose and palate as it is when you first clasp eyes on its beautiful label. This Diamond is full of the very best quality fruit from two Rutherglen vineyards and a parcel of fruit from Heathcote where very low yields are maintained to ensure the fullest of flavours each and every sip.
- This wine comes with a warning - it is a BIG red! If you love a drop that is bold and not afraid to show off its layers, you simply can't go past the Diamond Durif. The varietal is naturally very high in tannin so picking the grapes at exactly the right time is vital.
- Jen has crafted this vintage beautifully. The wine has a dark and inky purple colour. The nose abounds with black berries and blood plums, dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla. With rich flavours on the fore to mid palate and plenty of tannin giving length and power on the finish, make sure you're sitting down for your first sip....it may just knock you off your feet!
- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits.
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, including red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
- Racking up thousands of buy-again ratings over the past five years, your favourite mid-week red is back! Any red lover will appreciate this gem, made from certified organic fruit and delicious to the bottom of the bottle! It's usually hard to come by organic Shiraz at such a low price, but that's what being an Angel is all about.
- You'll be treated to aromas of plums, liquorice and fruits of the forest alongside a silky palate of blueberries, raspberries, dark chocolate and oak spices. Ash's TLC has locked in maximum colour and allowed full expression of the natural fruit flavours.
- Cool climate conditions have ensured an easy drinking drop with soft tannins, perfect for that upcoming bbq or dinner party. The love & detail that has gone into this Shiraz is evident in every sip, so kick back and enjoy!