Kevin McCarthy’s single vineyard Mornington Peninsula Friulano white is sure to tick all your boxes. The perfect aromatic white with the backbone to age beautifully, too!
This is a serious foodwine, with such intensity of aromas and flavours. From the very first pour into the glass you’ll be experiencing exotic fruits and herbs and hints of pear - scrumptious with baked or barbecued seafood.
Made in tiny quantities, and a perfect white varietal for those looking to branch out from Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot G. With only 249 cases in existence you’ll have to be quick.
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a touch of herbs and spice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the mid palate, all finished off with smooth tannins and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Angel's love this wine, and it is sure to impress! It is a versatile and flavour packed wine, full of dark, vibrant fruit on release that will continue to evolve it's complexities in the bottle over a couple of years.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Ben couldn’t wait to make this special Mendoza Cab Franc for Angels! It’s a variety he simply doesn’t get the chance to play with back home in Margaret River. Intense red in colour and beautifully balanced with enticing spicy aromas of black pepper, liquorice and a touch of cassis.
Having the pick of the finest Mendoza vineyards, Ben made this strictly limited production from a single vineyard at the foot of the Andes.
Nothing was spared in the making of this classic red. Matured for a luxurious 12 months in a combo of 75% French oak and 25% American oak, and then into an oh-so-impressive tapered bottle and closed under traditional cork. Um, got a corkscrew?
- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Anna and Derek have pretty much created their best wine of the vintage. Adding a little bit of each white variety creating a wine where the ‘whole is greater than the individual parts’.
- A cunning blend of Chardonnay, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris brings layers of complexity and lasting fruit intensity.
- Your taste buds will love the hints of vibrant citrus and fresh fruits that makes this dangerously drinkable and perfect with seafood.
- This is the only Botrytis Semillon dessert wine available through Naked Wines! Rob has hand crafted a unique wine for Angels with grapes from the NSW Riverina region. Wines of this style are quite rare not only in the landscape of Australian wine, but also in world wine.
- Your glass will show wonderful colours of light gold with amber hues. Then get ready for some enticing aromas. Think dried apricot and orange marmalade combined with fresh peach and hints of high quality French oak. The scrumptious flavours on your palate will be a rich and complex combination of mango and citrus layers. The fine acid structure combined with subtle oak characters provide balance to this exceptionally complex and luscious wine.
- Rob's outstanding attention to detail has created a sweet delight that is a true reward for the Angels who helped make it happen. This is the perfect wine to enjoy with special company, save for an occasion or to share as an out-of-the-ordinary gift to a lucky pal. So, why not stock up with several! Woohoo! And, as of June 2019, it's just scored 95 Points from the esteemed wine writer James Halliday.
Leighton Joy’s method traditional Sparkling Shiraz is a visual sensation on pouring with its stunning pink mousse, serious stuff. The perfect way to enjoy Shiraz as the temperatures rise over Summer.
A generous palate of plump black cherry, wild plum and marzipan is met with clove, juniper, capocollo and freshly cracked black pepper, this complex wine is underwritten with opulent Hungarian and French oak and the slightest fortification through dosage.
Made from Shiraz fruit that Leighton himself planted with his Dad, over 15 years ago, this is a true labour of love.
Angels, when Ben was asked what he thinks of Chardonnay, he didn't hold back! "More than any other variety in the wine world it should be a wine that makes you say YUM!". This wine does exactly that, returning to Naked shelves after an astounding 90% rated last vintage. A clean, fresh, stone fruit nose with hints of vanilla - the tell-tale sign of a cool-climate classic. The palate shows wonderful white peach and pear, bolstered by a subtle hit of richness and spice from the oak. The clean, refreshing acidity creates a finish that will have you licking your lips.
Ben and his team have been spending every waking moment in the vineyard improving soil health, and reducing vineyard yields to help intensify flavour development in the grapes. Growing alongside world famous black truffles and healthy hazelnut trees, this wine has Mother Nature's riches on its side! Every year brings another level of maturity to the vines, and the grapes for this wine were picked in multiple batches to ensure a mix of fresh, racy flavours, plus some richer, more bold characters for Angels to enjoy.
This wine is about as versatile as a chardonnay can be. Suited to almost any meal, its richness and finesse mean it will be your best friend when you're looking for a white with a little more 'oomph'. Pemberton is developing a reputation as one of the leading cool-climate chardonnay regions in WA. Ben's tip? It always pays to be ahead of the trends and snapping up amazing quality wines before the rest of the community catches on!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate - Mount Gambier - from soils that are totally unique - limestone and flint pebbles. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide super flavour concentration, balanced by very cool nights driven by the extremely cold southern ocean. Every afternoon cooling sea breezes reduce the temperature and retain the natural grape acids during the ripening season.
- Machine harvested at night time to retain the fresh flavours. The grapes were destemmed without crushing and pressed as soon as possible to minimise the phenolic and colour extraction from the skins.
- Aromas of fresh crisp apple and a delicious hint of rose petals drive through to lip-smacking, mouth-watering flavours of limes, ripe pear and spice. Ahhh, yummm!
Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
A unique Australian dry Rose combining Sangiovese, Sagrantino and Montepulciano all with a typical Italian savoury twist. Pale, dry, with a nod to the rosato style that Italians enjoy. So not ultra pale, there really is a nice blush of colour. Hints of cherry and berry all with a typical herb/savoury edge keeping it beautifully dry and refreshing.
Serve it chilled (but not too cold!) with antipasto of prosciutto, salami, pickled veggies and a tasty hard cheese like grana padano or pecorino.