- Having been involved in every step of the Margaret River's rise to world wide fame, Stuart knows the region inside out. He has blended this Top Shelf beauty with care and skill, leaving it to mature in French oak barriques for 24 months.
- Using specially selected fruit parcels, the wine captures ripe fruit flavours yet retains the distinctive perfume of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, and the lush generosity of Merlot.
- The nose is rich and complex with a fresh hit of lifted red and blue berries, intermingled with subtle cedar notes from the oak. Tastes of mulberries, plums and blackberries are wrapped in soft tannins. This is a serious wine at a price around half that of it's comparable Stella Bella and Vasse Felix colleagues!
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Wow! Hamish’s Winemakers Fantasy Exclusive Release Pinot Noir from the Adelaide Hills has hit the virtual Naked shelves! From the moment you crack the lid you’ll love the vibrant crimson colour with gorgeous ruby hues, fruit forward aromas, and hints of gorgeous bright strawberry, red cherry and savoury spice.
Hamish hand selected two separate parcels and fermented them separately. He matured one for around 9 months in high grade French oak and the other for 3 months to retain pristine fruit freshness. And then, when he blended it all together… delicious!
Get ready for a silky soft Pinot Noir with attractive primary flavours of red fruit and savoury spice, sitting upon a foundation of well-structured acidity, well-integrated premium oak and fine grained tannin.
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Cathy and Neil Howard’s Boots & All Shiraz returns with a bang! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Shiraz from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off. A small amount of premium grapes from the Frankland River region adds another dimension of complexity and flavour to the wine.
- Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 11 months this luscious Shiraz is silky-soft and super generous on the palate. Aromas of blueberries, plums and raspberries are beautifully balanced by smooth as silk tannins all with the oh-so-generous flavour complexity of ripe dark berries. A perfect wine to match with a range of dishes.
- You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Shiraz. After your first glass you will be reaching for more as the flavours evolve. A Shiraz that shows sensational colour, soft tannins, balanced with great length and great cellaring potential... your patience will be rewarded if you stash a couple of bottles away!
This exceptional cool-climate Canberra Syrah had the perfect growing conditions: cool and mild lead up followed by a consistent ripening period. The fruit Rob had to play with was pristine: intense concentration of flavour and deep colour. This is sure to deliver you a silky mouthful, with intensity and length.
This Syrah will draw you in with its aromas of red cherry, plum and white pepper all backed up by hints of vanilla spice and toasty oak. Such beautiful intensity and length of flavour with silky fine tannins giving great structure.
Perfect for those colder months to come, and absolutely sensational with your next roast with all the trimmings!
BTW, the 2015 vintage scored 97% Buy Again!
Hand crafting this top of the line Pinot Noir was a labour of love for Adrian and Rebecca. Minimal intervention in the winemaking process has ensured this famously delicate grape variety truly expresses the pure essence of the Yarra Valley.
The fruit was hand picked from low yielding vines then destemmed into small pots, then partial whole bunch and wild yeast fermented. Matured for 9 months in barrel prior to being bottled.
This is one delicious Pinot! Raspberry and earthy aromas mingle seamlessly with sour cherry flavours balanced by silky tannins and a great textured mouthfeel. Delicate, yet all with long lingering flavours. This is the perfect Pinot for those looking to take their wine experience to the next level!
Tash made this wine to be extremely expressive of the fruit in the vineyard. It gives the drinker a fresh experience that shows an excellent blend of three varieties indigenous to Franceto give Angels three times the flavour.
The French Kiss comes from older vines - between 20 and 30 years of age - in the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley. Older vines produce more concentration of fruit flavour but less volume of fruit and therefore less volume of wine. The French Kiss is unique in that it can offer the angels an old vine experience - at a great price.
Incredible flavour concentration. Overflowing with characters of fresh fruit, plums and raspberries, this oh-sooo-vibrant red is crying out for wood fired pizza with prosciutto or fresh basil pesto pasta. A fresh style to drink young while it’s full of red fruits and yumminess!