STOP THE SQUEEZE
Rescue Randal's reds to help rebuild his vineyard
Home to Mark and Emma Kenneally, Culley Road basks in the Mediterranean climate of McLaren Vale. The vineyard is in conversion to certified organic status and managed with the love and attention that the A&K team is known for.
This sensational Grenache, Shiraz and Mourvèdre blend has been maturing in French oak for 15 months. It's bursting with fleshy dark berry flavours and a touch of pepper in the background.
A small batch of carefully selected GSM with this pedigree is hard to find – it won’t stay on our shelves for long!
- This juicy red began life as slow-ripened grapes from high up in cool-climate Orange. Fermented to perfection by master Ash, the final wine matured in both new and old French oak barrels for 12 months to let the wood, wine and lees do their magic.
- Pour a glass of this deep purple delight and a waft of inviting dried fruit, violets and raspberries will come out to greet you. Each sip is a journey into a land of spicy plums and fruits of the forest with a noticeable tannin lick.
- It’s organic, it’s limited in numbers and you can only get it here. That's a number of great excuses to treat yourself to this stellar cool-climate Shiraz.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rob has worked his magic again, blending warm and cool climate grapes to deliver a downright moreish Red! The warm Riverina component is responsible for providing the wine’s intense blackcurrant and dark cherry layers. The cool Hilltops component provides the fine tannin structure and complexity, along with aromas of cedar spice and fresh mint. All up, you're in for a soft and full-bodied wine with balance and structure.
- With bright crimson with red hues, you'll be treated to aromas of blackcurrant and dark cherry with hints of wild berry, fresh mint and subtle spicy oak. Maturation in a mix of French and American oak added richness and complexity. Pairing this drop alongside a tasty meal will reward, as each sip will linger long on your palate and enhance your food's flavours. Enough to make your mouth water just thinking of it all…
- At under $12 for Angels only, a wine containing this much quality fruit is great value! A wonderful win for those with a flair for Red wine and red meat combos, and a win for all the Angels who made it possible. This is a serious Cabernet without the serious price tag so dive in today!
The fruit for this classic Aussie drop comes from ancient Barossa vines. At up to 85 years old, they’re very rare!
Ageing in large barrels and a longer than usual maceration (softening) process for the Grenache grapes have made these red fruit flavours sing, with strawberry characters that swirl around your glass and a hint of cedar from time spent in oak.
Made exclusively for Angels, this beautifully balanced blend of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro is only available in tiny quantities that sell out vintage after vintage. If you love a vibrant Barossa red, you won’t want to wait around!
- Jen has created a spirited and approachable dry red teaming with fruit flavour. The Rebel Shiraz Durif blend is crafted with passionate detail, showing off the individual terroir elements of several fantastic Victorian wineries, including premium Durif grapes from Rutherglen (yes, the same top quality Durif from Jen's Diamond range!)
- Each parcel of grapes is soaked, fermented and pumped separately to maximise its unique character, then blended just prior to bottling. This is the moment when months of preparation pull together, showing a lovely deep maroon colour and combining aromas of ripe berries, plums and a touch of spice.
- The palate is full and flavoursome with the extra kick from the Durif, with lovely balance and great length. This is a wine that truly punches above its weight, and at a juicy bargain for Angels it's a must in the next case for any red lover. Get in quick and don't miss the chance to let your hair down like a good red head!
- It's back! This is a deep brooding red, just as gorgeous on the nose and palate as it is when you first clasp eyes on its beautiful label. This Diamond is full of the very best quality fruit from two Rutherglen vineyards and a parcel of fruit from Heathcote where very low yields are maintained to ensure the fullest of flavours each and every sip.
- This wine comes with a warning - it is a BIG red! If you love a drop that is bold and not afraid to show off its layers, you simply can't go past the Diamond Durif. The varietal is naturally very high in tannin so picking the grapes at exactly the right time is vital.
- Jen has crafted this vintage beautifully. The wine has a dark and inky purple colour. The nose abounds with black berries and blood plums, dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla. With rich flavours on the fore to mid palate and plenty of tannin giving length and power on the finish, make sure you're sitting down for your first sip....it may just knock you off your feet!
- Angels, thousands of you sang out to the tune of a huge over 90% buy-again rating the last five vintages, so one of your faves is back! Luke has upheld his long term goal, only releasing this Top Shelf Cab once aged to perfection in French oak. The palate shows off layers of blackberry and liquorice spice with refined and smooth tannins. A guaranteed scrumptious winter warmer!
- The wine was hand crafted using pristine single vineyard grapes from 40 year-old Coonawarra vines. The region is hands down the number one region for Cabernet in the Southern Hemisphere. Take one sip of this liquid gold and you'll taste the dividends of Luke's extra years of investment in ageing.
- At under $20 for Angels, the value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious gem you'll be wanting to stock up on!
James-Paul Marin’s Reserve McLaren Vale Shiraz comes from iconic 74-year-old McLaren Vale vines. The prized fruit is so good it’s fought over by the districts winemakers each year!
No expense has been spared nor any short cut taken in making this wine. James held back the very best Shiraz and aged it for a further 12 months to create this Reserve label release.
This top shelf wonder is in the super league. A bold and generous Shiraz that will set tongues wagging at any dinner party and an absolute bargain for Angels!
Get ready for Adam Barton’s latest Clare Valley creation, his GSM from the Clare Valley. It’s elegant and complex, delivering delicious flavours without relying on weight or intensity. And that’s what this wine delivers!
It’s led by the Grenache, which brings those brighter red-fruit flavours, the Shiraz fills out the mid-palate and brings blackcurrant into the mix, and the Mataro gives the wine a bit more savouriness, some mouthfeel and structure, and adds cherry-fruit characters.
- In short, a delicious new addition to the Rabbit & Spaghetti wine list and a wine that I think many of you will enjoy!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
2019 was an outstanding year for reds in the Riverina and cool-climate Hilltops regions. The top class fruit, uncanny winemaking skills and time in American and French oak has produced a soft, full-bodied wine with power and grace. The ‘secret sauce’ is the way Rob’s blended the warmth and heart of Riverina Shiraz fruit with the delicate, finesse of the crop from Hilltops. Very clever!
Swirl this sophisticated drop round your glass to let loose plum and red berries with a subtle lick of spice, black pepper and toast. Then hold on to your hat as you sip a tsunami of intense Shirazy flavour, rich in plums and red cherries.
- Rob has made wine all around the world, and knows that Shiraz is truly the great Australian red! This wine was inspired by his family's vineyard, established by his late Grandfather, which is mostly full of gorgeous Shiraz.