When Glenn lost his usual SA grape supply to fire in 2020, he jumped across the border to Victoria for the solution! The Yarra Valley is one of Australia's pre-eminent Chardonnay regions and the tiny crop that year meant wonderful flavours in the grapes.
Crack open a bottle to be greeted with bright citrus, green apple, stone fruit, a slight nuttiness and faint honeyed toast. This is a really flavoursome wine with quite low alcohol.
Not only is Glenn a talented winemaker, he’s also a highly-regarded wine show judge - and he’s making this wine exclusively for you. Now that deserves a medal!
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will doubtless tempt you back for more!
- This cracking Sweet Spot white gives Chardonnay a modern twist, purposefully crafted to appeal to those who might usually avoid the varietal. It's light mouth feel is softly textured and fruit forward.
- Each sip will take your on a flavour journey - think citrus and melon, with a bouquet of aromas to match! Using only a touch of oak treatment has ensured this Chardonnay steers clear of the old buttery style.
- Steve purposefully left the grapes on vine for longer to build up the right flavour balance, locking in an undeniably moreish experience that will leave any white lover thrilled! Central Ranges has only been a certified wine region for around a decade, prior to that it lesser known and continues to supply a perfect cooler climate fruit element to many Hunter Valley wines. Jump on it today!
Kevin McCarthy has done it again. The second vintage of our first ever, single-vineyard Heresy Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay. Especially made in collaboration with his son Tom, two generations of knowledge and experience have created an absolute show-stopper for Angels like you.
This cool maritime climate stunner is certain to impress - it’s a cracker! Zesty citrus fruits beautifully balanced with a touch of sweet melon mingling with subtle oak and a racy acidity that leads on to a looong finish - it’ll have you licking your lips for more.
You’ll be bowled over by the sheer bang-for-buck this Chardonnay delivers in spades. Tthis boutique beauty is going to fly off our shelves.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Adelaide Hills is a fantastic region for Chardonnay in Australia. Glenn took full advantage of pristine hand-picked grapes from a superb year to craft this stunning modern wine.
- Contact with the grapes skins during the winemaking process has given this wine a rich yellow colour and buckets of fruit flavour. But you won't find any of the heavy 'oaky' charatcers of old.
- A quick will swirl will reveal all its secrets — the smell of lemon curd and freshly squeezed limes, and something like almonds, or is it vanilla? You decide. If you like Chardonnay from Margaret River or the Adelaide Hills with flavour and brightness, this is for you!
- A premium Yarra Valley Chardonnay from selectively hand-picked grapes. While not short on quality, this Chardonnay is certainly short on quantity due to exceptionally low yields in 2020.
- Loaded with citrus, white stone fruit and cashew tones, this bright white still has richness and texture from its time in a combination of second use and freshly toasted new French oak. You can really taste the fruit and it lingers beautifully on your tongue!
- Good quality Chardonnay from the Yarra Valley like this usually sells for around $40. But not here! Thanks to the support of angels, we don’t need a distributor which would otherwise pump up the price. So we can offer good quality wine without the unnecessary markup.
- Steve's Chardonnay is back, for its third vintage better than ever, from his family vineyard.
- The cool climate of Orange lends itself well to elegant Chardonnays. This one shows a touch of toast on the nose and white peach on the palate.
- Why not sneak a few bottles of this incredibly valued Orange Chardy in to your case today? He's of your fellow Angels favourite winemaker with over 1600 followers and his brand new vintage is an opportunity too good for any white wine lover to miss!
Inspired by generations of Paulazzo family winemaking, Rob's much loved Heritage Bin range returns for another vintage! Keeping with tradition, each wine in the Heritage range is coded with the letter and number combination that marks the best soil locations on the vineyard. This stunning Top Shelf Chardonnay hails from Tumbarumba, with Rob's world-class Burgundy winemaking experience evident in every sip!
Rob's passion for Chardonnay runs deep, with all roads leading to this crisp and expertly layered wine. From classic grapefruit and white nectarine to green melon and hints of cashew, you'll soon discover the exceptional flavour that effortlessly mingle in your glass!
Devastatingly, Rob was affected by the most recent bushfire season with his grapes deemed unusable for the foreseeable future. If you want to get your hands on a treasure from the Heritage Bin, you'll need to act fast. The last vintage of this premium white wine - now in its fifth vintage - racked up a 93% Buy-It-Again rating, and it won't return until 2021 at best!
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s Tassie Chardonnay is grown on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range with the vineyard tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allowed the rich flavours in this crisp white to develop with brilliant natural acidity!
Hand picked and handcrafted, you’ll detect delicate fruit characters of green apple with a hint of peach, honey and citrus fruit shining through.
The last two vintages of this cool-climate drop were a sell out. With only tiny quantities of this premium wine in existence, it won’t be around for long!