WE'RE NOT SURE
The Chardonnay was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide greeat flavour concentration, then the very cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
The wine is bright straw in colour with complex aromas of tangy peach and cream mingling deliciously with hints of citrusy zesty grapefruit, all driving through to a long and complex finish.
The natural acidity is fresh and lively but not sharp, more soft and textural from aging in barrel. Finally, the wine finishes with flavours of roasted almonds and a fine chalky minerality.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- White wine lovers are in for a tantalising experience with Hunter Vally experts Fuzzy & May. Their experience comes from top local wineries like Brokenwood, McGuigan and Briar Ridge.
- Hand-crafted from premium grapes from local growers, this lighter style is more like a cool-climate Chardonnay — tantalisingly crisp and modern, with an unmistakable hint of spice, nutmeg and cashew. Delicious!
- Angel backing has unlocked new potential for Damien and Jodie. They've been able to source the best quality fruit for this Chardonnay and apply their personal flair at every step of the winemaking process. Under $14 for a Hunter Chardonnay of this quality is unreal.
- Nigel's labour of love returns better than ever Angels. Wait until you taste the 2019 vintage! You'll revel in a complex wine that isn't too heavy but instead oozes drinkability. Nigel can't help but describe the wine using the classic line 'He aint heavy, he's my brother'. Just a few teasers....think peach notes, mandarin, butterscotch, vanilla bean, Brazil nut and classic French oak.
- All this deliciousness comes down to science really - the grapes for this wine are from Mendoza vines that grow on very rocky soil, producing just enough stress to make the vines put extra energy and nutrients into their offspring (the grapes). Nigel wild fermented the premium grapes and used a blend of barrel and tank to capture the right balance of flavour for Angels to enjoy.
- Reserve Willyabrup Chardonnay at this Angel price (!) is truly unmatched, so why not dive in to the Top Shelf perks of being an Angel and treat yourself to a bottle of Nigel's finest. You deserve it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the latest instalment of Brian's ever popular Chardonnay! With a beautiful nose of a pure fruit, each sip is styled with fine melon and a cashew lift. Subtle oak treatment adds complexity and texture to round it all off.
- You'll delight in it's soft creamy middle palate, with a lovely unctuous structure and strong crisp finish. All this adds up to a perfect summer wine!
- For the past decade, the Margaret River has been heralded as Australia's consistently premium Chardonnay region. No wonder this treat from Brian races out the door every year at under $15 for Angels - a price unheard of elsewhere!
- Distinctly cool climate in style, Paul's Chardonnay shows an ever present line of textual acidity which carries through for a fantastically flavoursome finish. Refreshing minerality, citrus, white peach and apple blossom will greet you with open arms with every scrumptious sip!
- Partial treatment in new French oak integrates secondary layers in beautiful harmony, without dominating the delicate fruit components. The wine is comprised of batch fruit from one of the oldest and most sought after vineyards in Mt Barker. An Angel price under $16 is too tasty to pass up compared to the $35+ market bottles this fruit usually ends up in.
- Don't miss an opportunity to try a wine that sings the unique Great Southern tune! It exemplifies the modern Chardonnay trend, stepping away from buttery, overpowering oak. Fresh and fruity yet seriously balanced and approachable, this baby is suited to any occasion with or without food. Its the perfect on-hand companion for unexpected guests this summer!
When Ben was asked what he thinks of Chardonnay, he didn't hold back! "More than any other variety in the wine world it should be a wine that makes you say YUM!". This wine does exactly that. Its clean, fresh, stone fruit scent with hints of vanilla is the tell-tale sign of a cool-climate classic. Take a sip for white peach and pear, bolstered by a little richness and spice from time in oak barrels. The clean, refreshing acidity creates a finish that will have you licking your lips.
Ben and his team have been spending every waking moment in the vineyard improving soil health and reducing yields to help intensify flavour in the grapes. Growing alongside world famous black truffles and healthy hazelnut trees, this wine has Mother Nature's riches on its side! Every year brings another level of maturity to the vines.
This wine is about as versatile as a Chardonnay can be. Suited to almost any meal, its richness and finesse mean it will be your best friend when you're looking for a white with a little more 'oomph'. Pemberton is developing a reputation as one of the leading cool-climate chardonnay regions in WA. Snap up this amazing quality wine before the rest of the community catches on!
Angels, when Ben was asked what he thinks of Chardonnay, he didn't hold back! "More than any other variety in the wine world it should be a wine that makes you say YUM!". This wine does exactly that. A clean, fresh, stone fruit nose with hints of vanilla - the tell-tale sign of a cool-climate classic. The palate shows wonderful white peach and pear, bolstered by a subtle hit of richness and spice from the oak. The clean, refreshing acidity creates a finish that will have you licking your lips.
Ben and his team have been spending every waking moment in the vineyard improving soil health, and reducing vineyard yields to help intensify flavour development in the grapes. Growing alongside world famous black truffles and healthy hazelnut trees, this wine has Mother Nature's riches on its side! Every year brings another level of maturity to the vines, and the grapes for this wine were picked in multiple batches to ensure a mix of fresh, racy flavours, plus some richer, more bold characters for Angels to enjoy.
This wine is about as versatile as a chardonnay can be. Suited to almost any meal, its richness and finesse mean it will be your best friend when you're looking for a white with a little more 'oomph'. Pemberton is developing a reputation as one of the leading cool-climate chardonnay regions in WA. Ben's tip? It always pays to be ahead of the trends and snapping up amazing quality wines before the rest of the community catches on!
John Colvin and Dan Binet have pulled out all the stops with this premium Chardonnay allowing extended maturation in French oak barrels.
One sip of this incredible wine will leave you in no doubt - the boys have well and truly nailed their goal of producing a premium Chardonnay with power and finesse. A creamy nuttiness on the nose mingles with ripe melons, peach and a delicious hint of zest with a touch of flintiness.
The palate is bursting with caramelised stone fruits and an almondy oakiness with just the right amount of tingly alcohol to deliver a finish that satisfies on every level! This dreamy drop will sell out fast… get in quick!
- Pouring their heart and soul into the demands of each vintage, John and Dan harvested this Chardonnay in two parcels. The early harvest was fermented in stainless steel on lees and the later, riper parcel in 100% French oak.
- One sip of this incredible wine will leave you with no doubt - the boys have well and truly nailed their goal of producing only premium Chardonnay. A creamy nuttiness on the nose is combined with ripe melons, peaches and a zesty waft of flint.
- The palate finely integrates caramelised stone fruits and almondy oak with just the right amount of tingly alcohol to deliver a finish that satisfies on every level! This dreamy drop simply will not last...get in quick!