Leighton Joy’s method traditional Sparkling Shiraz is a visual sensation on pouring with its stunning pink mousse, serious stuff. The perfect way to enjoy Shiraz as the temperatures rise over Summer.
A generous palate of plump black cherry, wild plum and marzipan is met with clove, juniper, capocollo and freshly cracked black pepper, this complex wine is underwritten with opulent Hungarian and French oak and the slightest fortification through dosage.
Made from Shiraz fruit that Leighton himself planted with his Dad, over 15 years ago, this is a true labour of love.
- This is Leighton's exclusive Rosé Returns! He has achieved a gorgeous outcome by co-fermenting quality Shiraz and Cabernet fruit. This somewhat rustic approach has ensured a lovely strawberry and cream nose that will jump from your glass and get your mouth watering...
- Each sip will be utterly smooth, with layers of strawberry, red currant and raspberry, and will deliver a great mouthfeel that coats your palate to give amazing length. The wine is crafted in the Saignée style - a French word that refers to bleeding. That is, the free run juice was bled after very limited time in contact with the skins to ensure a pristine and delicate drop.
- After fermentation the wine was also matured in oak for 6 months, which is a little left of centre for Rosé. This time in oak allowed the wine to soften, and is just another example of the extra creative TLC that Leighton put in to every turn of his Rosré making adventure to deliver this stupendous value for Angels!
This isn’t your average Sauvy. A delicious, textural white wine made in the style of a red. Grape juice left in contact with grape skins, pulling out flavour and tannin. Left cloudy intentionally for more flavour. Known around the traps as an “orange” wine, due to the colour.
This wine brings a textural experience in both appearance and feel, with zippy acidity and a fruit flavour profile of grapefruit, lemon and pineapple that transcends robust depths and subtle heights. Ahhh, yum!
Leighton makes wine on the edge, pushing the envelope and looking to make wines that challenge convention. Totally unique, for those interested in expanding their wine knowledge.
Leighton’s Top Shelf, single vineyard, Shiraz is sure to delight the senses. Grown from the family’s vineyard in the Pyrenees, given the 'Rolls Royce' treatment, you know it is sure to blow your mind!
The vineyard incorporates both conventional and organic practice in the field, with soil aeration, composting, mulching, and sheep grazing all adding to a sustainable approach. Fruit quality is paramount.
This wine is sexy! Aroma and palate gain intrigue with time in the glass, unearthing tales of cherry, raspberry, candied orange and clove. The silky smooth mouthfeel will have you coming back for more.
Wow! Leighton’s winning-fantasy Ancestral Method Sparkling Rosé has hit the virtual Naked shelves - just in time for Summer. From the moment you pop the top you’ll be tantalised by aromas of apricot, nectarine and a mouthfeel of stone-fruit, crisp apple and a kiss of muddled mint.
Blending 60% Shiraz with 30% Sauvignon Blanc and 10% Nero d'Avola drives a complexity which will make it hard to stop after the first sip. Spritzy, bottle fermented, slightly cloudy and incredibly moreish!
This Ancestral style of sparkling is creating a massive buzz in all the cutting edge wine bars around Australia. You can’t put a price on a good time, and this wine is primed to party this festive season.
Leighton’s Top Shelf Cabernet, single vineyard from the family vineyard is sure to tick all your boxes. Top quality fruit, top quality oak equals an amazing wine experience.
A diverse wine with sweet tasting fruit flavours of strawberry, cherry through to blackberry and fig. Hints of chinotto and quinine are carried on waves of vibrant fruit, with toasted Hungarian oak in equal stride.
This complex union of fruit and oak is robust in its structure, with highly integrated fine tannin joining the party, and kicking on at the back of the palate. Everything about this wine is intense!
- This wine was grown and harvested from one of Heathcote's most highly regarded vineyards. The yield was meticulously managed to maintain healthy vines and fruit development. Leighton has gone big, including a high proportion of whole berry fruit to create some eye-widening aromas and palate complexity.
- You'll be thinking "there it is again", as each sip takes you to and fro between fruit and a balanced acid line. Its ruby red colour pairs delightfully with juicy blackberry aromas, leading to a flavour party of plum, blueberries and blackberries. An essential support roll to the fruit core is a savoury, apple like acid presence and a slowly unfolding web of fruit tannin.
- If your traditional preference is for the bigger Cabernet and Shiraz styles, you're likely to love this! Jump on in to the alternative variety, and you'll be ahead of the curve as more and more Aussie vineyards are reaping the benefits of planting this hardy Southern Italian varietal. Typically, Nero d'Avola from this particular vineyard retails at $30 and above, so Angels have got an incredible exclusive at under $16!
- This truly beautiful drop will tantalise anyone looking for a red with a twist. Leighton's Cab will send aromas of dust and rain, a pencil shavings and perfectly ripe berry notes whirling around your glass! Wonderfully unique, with a huge thumbs up from thousands of Angels last vintage achieving a massive 88% buy-again rating!
- If you can hold on to a few bottles for a while, the palate will develop various layers and surprise from year to year. Plum, raspberry, and blackberry are front and centre when tasting, with peppercorn spice, mint and aniseed notes all present as well.
- Toasty French oak meets with earthy tannin to finish each delectable gulp! Victorian Pyrenees quality at an Angel price this low is certainly a steal so get in quick & see what all the fuss is about!
- Leighton has packed in layers of juicy berries for you to enjoy, alongside rounded tannins and a finish that has just a touch of spice.
- Hailing from the high, cool Grampians where nutrients are spread between low-yielding grapes, there is no doubt the concentration of flavour is through the roof here.
- Australian single vineyard Shiraz for under $13 is almost unheard of, so lap up your reward for backing boutique talents like Leighton and pop a few of his Lazy goodness in your basket today!
- Leighton strictly limits the yield of his family vineyard each vintage to maximise every opportunity of healthy fruit growth, with the ultimate goal of the most downright delicious Shiraz you've ever licked your lips for. As he executes his masterful winemaking plans, Mother Nature ticks away in the stunning high hills of the cool climate Victorian Pyrenees.
- Get ready for a bouquet of black pepper, bramble and charred French oak. As this liquid joy hits your palate, you'll revel in bold layers of black cherry, liquorice and cacao and balanced oak, closing with a classic tannin structure. Angels, this seriously tempting creative grape juice was crafted exclusively for you!
- 100% Pyrenees Shiraz under $16, made for you in the vineyard that Leighton helped plant back in 1999. Direct from a passionate industry pro into the hands of passionate wine fans, stories of winemaker liberation don't get much more authentic than this!