Coby Ladwig’s Lovers Grave Chardonnay 2018 embodies the pure natural surrounds of Pemberton in South West W.A. The best of both worlds - Old School in style and New School in vibrancy and intensity! If you like your chardonnays oaky and rich then this is for you.
Rich aromas of nectarines, cashew and a touch of spice leap out of the glass and the flavours are super long with stonefruits, a creamy nuttiness and a touch of the old school buttery richness to round things out.
It's a big rich Chardonnay but there’s a steely monster in the background that you never see but just seem to know it’s there… somewhere. Absolutely gorgeous!
Coby’s attention to detail is second to none.100% french oak, (40% new), wild ferment, yeast lees stirred for 5 months and 15% of select barrels going through malolactic fermentation for that delicious creamy luxe texture. At under $19 a bottle for Angels this is a steal!
- Coby Ladwig’s Shiraz returns with a bang, after a massive 93% buy it again rating! Grown in the cool-climate Frankland River region, one of Western Australia's hidden gems that massively overdelivers on quality.
- Perfect summer ripening has packed this luscious red with upfront characters of blackberries and plums that flow through to rich, smooth, voluptuous mouth filling flavours - all with a hint of spice. Yummm!
- It has been crafted to enjoy now, is really approachable and a seriously good food wine - but it’ll cellar well for another 10 years too! Match it to a whole array of different dishes, from your next BBQ right through to a hearty beef curry.
- Western Australia’s Coby Ladwig’s first-up Cabernet Sauvignon from Frankland River shows all the hallmarks of a very expensive Cabernet.
- Coby has thrown everything he can at this wine to make it the very best he can. After your first sip you’ll see the typical W.A. elegance and finesse all with brilliant varietal structure - while also being very generous across the palate.
- From the crack of the lid, this medium bodied red is balanced to perfection with dark berries, cigar box, dried herb characters and an oaky spiciness and then your mouth fills with this abundant richness. You will see why similar wines would sell for over $35 a bottle!