- This is the only Botrytis Semillon dessert wine available through Naked Wines! Rob has hand crafted a unique wine for Angels with grapes from the NSW Riverina region. Wines of this style are quite rare not only in the landscape of Australian wine, but also in world wine.
- Your glass will show wonderful colours of light gold with amber hues. Then get ready for some enticing aromas. Think dried apricot and orange marmalade combined with fresh peach and hints of high quality French oak. The scrumptious flavours on your palate will be a rich and complex combination of mango and citrus layers. The fine acid structure combined with subtle oak characters provide balance to this exceptionally complex and luscious wine.
- Rob's outstanding attention to detail has created a sweet delight that is a true reward for the Angels who helped make it happen. This is the perfect wine to enjoy with special company, save for an occasion or to share as an out-of-the-ordinary gift to a lucky pal. So, why not stock up with several! Woohoo! And, as of June 2019, it's just scored 95 Points from the esteemed wine writer James Halliday.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Anna and Derek once again deliver their incredible Sweet Spot white, which holds a special place in the hearts of many Angels. It constantly delights Pinot Gris lovers, and always leaves first time Pinot Gris drinkers completely converted!
- Each mouthful is super smooth, with a light to medium mouthful that makes it perfect to enjoy during the day. It has tropical fruit layers, like liquid sunshine! The perfect alternative if you're looking for a change from Sauvignon Blanc.
- At under $14 for Angels, this incredible quality wine can be at your door in no time, delivering flavour and value in spades!
- Arneis is the new ‘it’ wine - cool and oh-so-delicious! Lifted tropical hints of gooseberry and passionfruit jump from the glass. Crisp apple, pear and lemon myrtle glide along a fresh mineral palate that prickles with intensity and texture. Such a long finish. Yummm!
- This Arneis is back for 2019 (2018 vintage had a 90% buy it again rating so we couldn't not bring it back!). It is a $50 bottle of wine any day of the week - but Angel funding has made it possible to over-deliver on winemaking tools, wine quality and price.
- Partially fermented in two handcrafted Tuscan-clay, 500 litre Amphorae. Wow! These big pots are integral to the Nodus Tollens style and are testament to centuries old, traditional methods of winemaking.
- Delicate currants, with earthy characters and undertones of berry and rhubarb delite the nose. Hints of light smoke, clove and light spice result from fermentation and oak maturation.
- Thomas pours his passion into crafting his own wines and championing NSW wines on the larger stage - and why not with access to such full-flavoured warm climate fruit, which he has used to craft this gorgeous Cab. It displays balanced acidity and a rich, smooth, fruity mid-palate.
- Mudgee's full-flavoured warm climate, has played a major role in the Australian Wine Industry and has gained huge notoriety among winemaking circles. Get in on this scrumptious red wine while it's still here!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The next vintage of Brian's classic SSB blend has tremendous vibrancy and freshness. He has sourced the fruit for this vintage from incredible low yielding vines from the Mid North of the Margaret River, consistently rated as a world class winemaking region.
- Fruit driven and easy drinking, each sip is well balanced - the perfect dry white for warmer weather. The mouth-watering finish lingers on the palate and leaves you crying out for more!
- A glass of this dreamy drop will leave your tastebuds feeling lifted and delicately treated. It's certainly a wine to be enjoyed while young, and why not at this steal of an Angel price!
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
The fruit for Kym’s stunning Malbec was sourced from a single vineyard known for its consistent quality in the idyllic Ferguson Valley, part of the mighty Geographe wine region south of Perth.
Fermented in large open vats to preserve the elegant fruit character, this plush, lush, ripe impenetrably dark malbec will have you licking your lips with lashings of mulberry, plum, violets and a hint of vanilla overtones.
Incredibly delicious now, but will age beautifully over the next 5 years.
Rob’s juicy Vermentino is the perfect wine for the hot months to come. The zesty, tropical fruit flavours are complemented beautifully by zippy acidity and leads on to a super refreshing long finish.
You’ll discover enticing aromas of floral jasmine and lemongrass all combined with a fresh limey zesty hint of tropical flavours.
This burgeoning white variety is a foodies best friend! Your taste buds will be dancing in anticipation of the next sip. This is sure to become another classic that flies off the shelfs in a jiffy!
- It's that time of year again - a new vintage delivery of Sam's classic Rosé has landed just for Angels..hooray! It has a lovely pale pink colour and aromas of red apples with a delicate floral lift. On the palate there is a light suggestion of sweetness, while fresh acid kicks in to give a balanced, fresh and zippy finish.
- Sam has sourced the Shiraz, Zinfandel and hint of Gewürztraminer grapes in this blend from the elevated and cool climate vineyards of the Strathbogie Ranges. They tend to grow fruit with strong fruit flavour, which also goes some way to explaining the pretty perfumes that accompany each scrumptious sip.
- Perfect to chill down and share with friends on a hot summer night, this is the perfect summer stock-up Rosé at under $10 for Angels! Don't miss a little slice of Sam's winemaking brilliance in your next basket. You'll see why thousands of people have rated this as a no brainer buy-again wine before!