- Bill and Cladia Small love bringing you extra-special wines, and this is one to out do the others. The long awaited return of their precious Penelope Reserve range delivers hand crafted quality you can taste! Named after their daughter, the Penelope Reserve ties together pristine fruit with an immense pride in their home winemaking region.
- A complex bouquet of violets, cherries and savoury notes introduce you to the mind-blowing palate, full of dark fruits and lingering flavours. Each sip is full-bodied yet elegantly structured, showing off the famously delicate traits of this gorgeous grape varietal.
- On traditional in-store shelves, it is near impossible to find a top class NZ Pinot Noir for under $40. Look no further - Angel funding has made yet another winemaking and drinking miracle possible. Why not reap the rewards of your backing and cheers to family with this Top Shelf, single vineyard wine!
- Angels, back by popular demand, Brian's downright delicious Italian red returns! Sicily is the birthplace of the Nero d'Avola varietal, and this is exactly where Brian crafted his dream with the help of his trusted group of local winemaking pals. It was made organically, and perfectly balances tradition with easy-drinking new world expectations. In fact, there is no doubt that if you love Aussie Shiraz, you won't be able to get enough of this Sicilian blend.
- It is widely predicted that Nero d'Avola will be the next hero of Aussie reds, with vine plantings sky-rocketing here at home. This is no surprise with its scrumptious, lush, fruit-driven qualities and natural affinity for growing in the heat. It has fresh aromas of spicy fruit and dark cherry with a medium body and bright finish. Its medium alcohol level allows the flavours and aromas to pop out, rather than being overpowered. The juice has beautifully concentrated flavours, as Brian used both Nero d'Avola and Shiraz grapes from dry land vineyards in the west of Sicily where the island's most intense wines are produced.
- Get this in your basket while it's still around, especially if you're looking for a wine to nudge you just outside your usual cellar comfort zone! The approachable, dinner friendly style will be an instant hit with any red lover. Crafted authentically in southern Italy, there is no doubt this Angel exclusive punches well above its price point!
- Anna and Derek return with the very best of their craft, delivering another outstanding vintage of their Uncharted Biodynamic Shiraz. Authenticity is reflected in the Hooper's approach to both wines and life, letting Mother Nature lead the way, following certified bio-dynamic and organic winemaking techniques.
- This is the wine that best shows their winemaking philosophy - growing the best grapes, without taking from the planet, and creating the best wine possible. The premium grapes have given this wine a flavour intensity and complexity second to none. Enjoy how those berry and spice characters sing out and hang around on your tongue. Yum!
- With its elegance and ever developing flavours, the past vintages of this Shiraz rated through the roof with our Angels at 92%. It will only improve gracefully over the years, so get it in your basket before this vintage gets snapped up!
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
Just like the last vintage, this one sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
- Nigel's labour of love returns better than ever Angels. Wait until you taste the 2019 vintage! You'll revel in a complex wine that isn't too heavy but instead oozes drinkability. Nigel can't help but describe the wine using the classic line 'He aint heavy, he's my brother'. Just a few teasers....think peach notes, mandarin, butterscotch, vanilla bean, Brazil nut and classic French oak.
- All this deliciousness comes down to science really - the grapes for this wine are from Mendoza vines that grow on very rocky soil, producing just enough stress to make the vines put extra energy and nutrients into their offspring (the grapes). Nigel wild fermented the premium grapes and used a blend of barrel and tank to capture the right balance of flavour for Angels to enjoy.
- Reserve Willyabrup Chardonnay at this Angel price (!) is truly unmatched, so why not dive in to the Top Shelf perks of being an Angel and treat yourself to a bottle of Nigel's finest. You deserve it!
- Adam has sourced fruit from long-term vineyards growers of great provenance at the southern end of the Clare Valley.
- Vibrant ruby red. The nose has lifted varietal aromas of blackcurrant, mocha and blood plum, with hints of cigar, bay leaf and thyme. The palate is long, concentrated and ripe with varietal cassis, dark chocolate and dry herb flavours supported by subtle oak, fine acidity and generous, velvety tannin.
- Great as a stand alone wine but equally as delicious with anything from pizza to slow-cooked lamb shanks with velvety parsnip puree and delicately roasted baby spring vegetables.
- Unmatched Barossa winemaker Daryl Groom has poured all of his 40 years experience in to this incredible 2019 vintage. Daryl used to make Grange... yep, the Grange... so he knows a thing or two about high-quality reds!
- The wine is a blend of Zinfandel and Shiraz grapes grown in the Kalimna area of the Barossa Valley, renowned for iconic wines around the world.
- Bursting with red fruit and spice with a touch of liquorice, each mouthful is medium bodied and beautifully structured with the addition of Shiraz. Gorgeous balance and great length brings this wine to life. Get it while it's hot and still in stock after huge 97% buy-again rating last vintage!
A scrumptious product of Adam's winemaking wizardry, this wine is sourced from low yielding, dry-grown Shiraz in White Hut and Leasingham, within the Clare Valley. First up, a wonderful fragrant nose of violets, cassis & white pepper to draw you in.
Then, you won't be able to hide your smile as the powerful palate takes the stage, supported by cedar oak to give it mouth watering length and persistence. The bold mouth-feel is thanks to partial fermentation in oak to build further depth and complexity.
The 2018 vintage knocked Angels' socks off, to the tune of a huge 97% buy-again rating. Go on, pop one of South Australia's most warming reds in your basket today!